aberdeen-music

yet another cool night at dr drakes

plastic bunny

here we are after another fab night at doctor drakesAlUN elezium dee jayed his ass off and kept us dancing like fools conga lines through the bar & athin doctor drummer jim moved us too brilliant !!! can not get enough of the cheezy listening !!! keep up the good work all hail the doc.If you know what is good for your soul next night you are out forget the other venues in town & get your self down to the dr drakes for some proper ass shakin FUN HONEST!!!

Agreed!! It was a fantastic night....I seem to remember Chilli saying he thought it was a night to go down in local gig history (although whether he'll remember saying it is another matter :partyboy: ). The opening act, Sergeant Buzfuz grabbed the audience immediately. His taxidriver song, and the one about all the bad popes were great. Thomas Truax was brilliant, as ever, with his weird contraptions and amusing banter spicing up already superb songs. I honestly thought there was no way Chris TT could follow Thomas, but he succeeded wonderfully, alternating between beautifully tender songs, and ones about injured popstars with ease. Plus, on repeated audience request, he finally attempted his hedgehog song live, and played it all the way through for the first time.

All 3 performers loved Aberdeen, especially Drakes, and extra-especially Mr and Mrs Chilli for making them so welcome. It was heart-warming indeed to see them dancing til 3 am with the crowd, and joining in the conga line. DJs Alun and Jim caught the mood perfectly.

Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up::up::up:

yip it was one of those nights that you couldnt plan if you tried!! and will probably be hard to repeat...!

all 3 acts were great but i totally totally loved Thomas Truax!! :love:

alun's dj'ing was spot on as was jim's, and to see all 3 artists (and the promotors! fancy a pogo graeme?!) dancing was rare to say the least!! late late night though....and its nearly time for me to do it all over again...jeez!!!

once again, we were apparantly the best night on their tour so far. aberdeen is actually great in a lot of people's eyes you know, dont knock it too much!!

shaz

You were funny, Graeme.....you pogoed, then grabbed your head in drink-induced pain, then pogoed, then grabbed your head etc etc

Chilli was doing some strange 'mouse-dance' at one point, which Thomas Truax joined in with.

I shudder to think what I was doing!

What a bloody brilliant night :band:

So many nice (in the best possible sense of the word) people in the one venue, including the performers. I had a lovely time in the company of Frosty Jack, Cat Food, Duncan the Cello etc etc

And aren't Shaz and Leanne the best barfolks on the planet (not to mention Andy...also a gem). If Brian and Shawn had been there I'm sure alien spaceships would have beamed the lot of them up to clone for every other bar in the universe. They'd need to clone millions of Jims to keep them in order, mind!!! :up:

Oh I paid for last night this morning, like you would not believe.

I had a fantastic time, all the acts were amazing and I have to agree with Alan - They were all brilliant in thier own right, felt like a night of equals. It's also the most fun I've had DJing in Aberdeen - I was gobsmacked when people started dancing, even more so when they kept going, and going, and going... Magic!

Chris, Joe and Thomas were some of the nicext guys I've met, really friendly and created a brilliant atmosphere in the good ol' Doc's.

Mind you I thought Thomas Truax's skulking style was the epitome of coolness. Was Sister Spinster dancing? There was one point when I was actually the only person not dancing and there were still quite a few people around

That man is a legend, pure and simple. Straight from something by Edward Gorey or Tim Burton.

Guest neil ex

That was an amazing night, a really really warm atmosphere and wonderful performances. Sounds like the aftershow party was much fan aswell, wish I could have stuck around..

Saturday was simply bloody marvellous and please let's not say "never to be repeated". A night like that must be repeated. Sgt Buzfuz set the night going splendidly and Thomas Truax was just pure class. Like Alan I felt a little alarmed for Chris TT having to follow him but I though he was awsome. I've seen him twice this year but always with his full band. However I think his songs are far more powerful when he's solo and my oh my doesn't his guitar sound so clean. I may have convinced him afterwards to dump his band too as there are already some internal squabbles apparently. I'm not going to mention the DJ as I have to work with him and his head's getting too big to come through the door. Let's just say he did adequately getting everyone to dance, including the acts, as if we were all teenagers again. Please ignore the last sentence of course if you were there and are a teenager. Top night, top blokes and a top crowd. I doff my cap to Interesting Music once more.