aberdeen-music

Spike Pile Driver need guitarist and bassist

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Another line-up change for Spike. We need a new guitarist and I'm thinking of chucking a bass playor into the midst as well, just to flesh the sound out a bit. So, anyone interested?

Requirements: a basic knowledge of the late '80's HC/grind scene, think bands such as early Napalm Death, Sore Throat, Fear of God, Agathocles. Also required is a love of getting drunk. Enthusiasm is more important than talent, just make sure you can play three chords as fast as fuck.

Ahoy there to Jake and Hog!

Bonjourno noise-mongers!

Tis Yanik here, former six-string genius of Eskimo Blonde and fellow erstwhile pub-quiz championi.

(I know Scotty, I still owe you a crate of Guinness for band photos.....on its way as we speak, honest!)

How's it going? Just seen your musical requirements and had a serious think about it (not that kind of 'think', Jake!)

Sounds like fun giving it serious mental grind-core but I'm prob too melodically-minded for you reprobates, ha ha!!!

Only jokin'! Have started up me own stuff so will have to get a gig with you guys at some point.

Will have to hook up sometime for a swift 'alf.

Cheers

Yan.

Bonjourno noise-mongers!

Tis Yanik here' date=' former six-string genius of Eskimo Blonde and fellow erstwhile pub-quiz championi.

(I know Scotty, I still owe you a crate of Guinness for band photos.....on its way as we speak, honest!)

How's it going? Just seen your musical requirements and had a serious think about it (not that kind of 'think', Jake!)

Sounds like fun giving it serious mental grind-core but I'm prob too melodically-minded for you reprobates, ha ha!!!

Only jokin'! Have started up me own stuff so will have to get a gig with you guys at some point.

Will have to hook up sometime for a swift 'alf.

Cheers

Yan.[/quote']

I like him....he seems like fun.

P.S. His puncuation and spelling are untouchable too.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
and hey guys i wont beat around the bush i need to find something to grind as there is no longer an evacuating heaven so you would get my 100%.

Hey, sorry to hear Evac's gone, man. Well, we need a guitarist and a bassist. There's a couple of interested parties, but guitarist is the priority. Can you play guitar, Calum? I didn't know that!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i like getting drunk Jake :D and i can play fast...bass or guitar! But there is no way I can play like Hog!

I'll consider you for bass duties, then. You also have the CD, the bass should be the same as the guitar, now off you go and plug in.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Yeah i also play guitar but i aint worth the hassle.

And why are you not worth the hassle? You know your noise, and that counts for a hell of a lot in my book.

Guest Scorge Spike

funkykid.jpg

Our first auditonee, pictured at Toms this evening. Despite his obvious lack of experience, he showed a vast array of enthusiam and enjoyed his first grasp of swear words. He's not going to drink thuriaz under the table, but he'd get there with extensive training from myself.

This is a high standord, clearly. Dare you all take him on?