aberdeen-music

Blink 182 - SECC - 1/12/04

KarmaTsunami

How far up in the tiered seating can you be in the SECC and still get a legible view?

i think it depends which block youre in. we were in block j which is right opposite the stage, second row from the back and had an awesome view!!!! the arena is a kinda oval shaped, and the stage is on one of the longer sides of the oval....so if youre in seating on the opposite longer side, youre not too far from the stage so it was pretty cool....i dunno what the view was like from either of the shorter ends.....gumpy was in block c, he would know

i was wondering do they play old stuff as well as the new album material? if so what afucking joke....its like please pay the overpriced amount to enter a building and be degraded as we say cock to you 14 year old daughters

did we mention half the time we wipe our bottoms with our fanmail

but anyway dude ranch is a nice album

*branded ignorant*

Here was me thinking that you just wouldn't have two songs called Stockholm Syndrome! Ah well' date=' as long as it was a good show.[/quote']

Backyard babies last album was called Stockholm Syndrome as well.

FACTOID:

the term derives from a botched bank job in Sweden where a group of hostages made friends with the robbers. It's a wanky way of saying "sleeping with the enemy."

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i was thinking that might happen' date=' but i put the word 'blink' and the numbers 1,8 and 2 in the thread title so he might not bother looking. If he does -

Blink 182 were the band that got me into alternative/rock music and i'm not ashamed to say it. My previous flirtations with 'rock' were brief..my brother listening to KoRn and Limp Bizkit...i would hear them, nod along...but i never got into them..then i saw/heard Blink 182 one day...and thought 'hey hey! pretty fucking cool!' so i bought 'cheshire cat', then 'enema', then 'dude ranch' and it just went from there to buying rock sound to the offspring to deftones and the smashing pumpkins and blah blah blah......i fucking love them and the fact that their audience mainly consists of trendy emo pop-punk kids with too much pocket money and silly hairdos just doesn't deter me. i've always loved them, still do, and i imagine iwill continue to do so. last nights show reaffirmed my faith in them.[/quote']

That's about it, so many people forget that it's the bigger, more mainstream acts that get you started, you have to start somewhere. For me, it was seeing The Damned on "The Young Ones" nearly 20 years ago now! Over time, you hunt down progressively more obscure stuff. I never buy music from shops now, I write letters all over the globe for hidden gems and getting parcels of noise through the post is a great feeling. Keep digging and it's amazing the great stuff you find, all the better for finding it yourself. Magic.