aberdeen-music

Blink 182 - SECC - 1/12/04

KarmaTsunami

anyone else from here there last night? i was seating but had a fucking ace view! i didn't see all of The Kinison but wouldn't mind seeing them in a smaller venue...Sugarcult were okay...didn't think much of his banter though....

Blink 182....oh.my.god. a gazillion times better than the braehead show earlier this year...the M+M's/josie/man overboard medley....i cried when they played M+M's.....the new stuff sounds so much better live than on record but 'always' is still a bit poo. an Mark's guitar and drum solos....well....they were amusing at least! crowd seemed a bit tight though....?

Highlights - 'going away to college', 'dumpweed' with the aforementioned medley in the middle....and the mobile phones during 'stay together for the kids'.....brilliant.

Hardly anyone knew any of the words in the old-skewl medley, i was affa offended but at the same time felt proud. Did they even play 'always'? It's the only song of the set i have no recollection of. I thought they were shit-hot, mouch more comfortable with the new material than they were earlier this year, although travis especially made about 4/5 big mistakes coming in a bar too early and i thought it was shit how Tom didn't try to hide the fact that he doesn't like playing Dammit (and most of the older songs) anymore. Overall the gig was a hundred times better than brahead earlier this year and most of their stage show just beat the shit out of any other gig i've probably ever seen. Throughout the gig i couldn't stop smiling like a fanny and i was close to tears when they played STFTK.

Why were sugarcult there.... they're just total pish.

I thought blink were ace - tho it did seem like they made a few mistakes on some of the new stuff. Paul - what do you mean about Tom in Dammit? I didn't notice anything...

Sugarcult suck baws.

I didn't see The kinison...

Paul - what do you mean about Tom in Dammit?

I've got a few recent clips of Blink playing dammit (and other older songs) and every time tom seems less and less enthusiastic' date=' i've seen him put on stupid voices and sing it out of tune. Last night he didn't do much more than grunt 'fuck' (he used to shout out 'fucked' for the "did you hear; he [u']fucked her" bit as loud and enthusiasticly as he could). You could also tell be the lack of stage movement (just for the one song), and he didn't play in the way of his wierd new 'miss you' robot sort of stance..... if you follow me?

Still a top gig though

I bonered! It was absolutey awesome, I had such a good time :D We heared the Blink soundcheck at around 5 o'clock and from then on I could hardy contain myself... The Kinison were a bit disappointing, not as bad as I expected but still a bit shite. Sugarcult weren't exactly enthusiastic but it was ace to sing along to before Blink.

They played:

Feeling This

Easy Target

The Rock Show

Happy Holidays, You Bastard

What's My Age Again

All the Small Things

Dumpweed, M Ms, Man Overboard & Josie medley

Reckless Abandon

Obvious

Stay Together For the Kids

First Date

I Miss You

Down

Go

Asthenia

All of This

Going Away to College

Dammit

Stockholm Syndrome

Violence

Violence and Going Away to College were my highlights, great stuff.

Yeah i went it was bloody amazing! were u sitting in block H by any chance?

Block C. Fantastic view.

Paul - the look of confusion on the kids faces in front of me when they played josie, M+M's, and man overboard...even dammit!! did kinda irk me but faith was restored when a girl next to me sang every word during the medley and she couldn't have been older than 12.

speaking of which...did anyone else older than 18 who went along feel really, really old?

*looks over shoulder to see Rune bearing down on KarmaTsunami like an intolerant juggernaut*

i was thinking that might happen, but i put the word 'blink' and the numbers 1,8 and 2 in the thread title so he might not bother looking. If he does -

Blink 182 were the band that got me into alternative/rock music and i'm not ashamed to say it. My previous flirtations with 'rock' were brief..my brother listening to KoRn and Limp Bizkit...i would hear them, nod along...but i never got into them..then i saw/heard Blink 182 one day...and thought 'hey hey! pretty fucking cool!' so i bought 'cheshire cat', then 'enema', then 'dude ranch' and it just went from there to buying rock sound to the offspring to deftones and the smashing pumpkins and blah blah blah......i fucking love them and the fact that their audience mainly consists of trendy emo pop-punk kids with too much pocket money and silly hairdos just doesn't deter me. i've always loved them, still do, and i imagine iwill continue to do so. last nights show reaffirmed my faith in them.

i had a crackin night.....!!!

blink were hundreds better than braehead, we had an AWESOME view from block J!!! even if i did have to sit next to the satsuma!!! we danced!!:up: the four year old boy next to us danced!:up: the satsuma didnt dance!!:down: the banter, the crowd, the venue, the set list, everything about this gig was better than february!

and it was nice to see those of you that i did see again!!! :D

oh and by the way, im not ashamed to admit that i didnt know the words to any of the older songs, because i didnt start listening to blink until enema of the state, and the majority of people there wont have either, i dunno why you lot think its such a crime, all bands have die hard fans and those who take a laterinterest, it doesnt mean youre better than us, just means you like the band a helluva lot more :)

.....i fucking love them and the fact that their audience mainly consists of Twelve-year olds with too much pocket money and silly hairdos just doesn't deter me. i've always loved them' date=' still do, and i imagine iwill continue to do so. last nights show reaffirmed my faith in them.[/quote']

Fixed it.

Just winding Lele up :)

I thought Deathcab for Cutie were meant to be supporting or something.

How far up in the tiered seating can you be in the SECC and still get a legible view?

As far as I could tell' date=' the seating area only went back about 15 rows and is [i']not that steep. It's not that far away from the stage either... it's a funny shape. So I presume it'd be a good view anywhere.

Do a google search or something.