Your year(too early maybe)

Cameroon

Guest Charity Case

Jan: not too good, left really bad, not well paid job

Feb: cool

Mar: cool

Apr: Cool

May: Cool, got a great job, reasonably well paid

Jun: Had a very big downfall in everything, self confidence, money, family, friends due to my own stupidity :rolleyes:

Jul: see Jun

Aug: see Jun

Sep: see Jun

Oct: see Jun

Nov: almost had a breakdown due to >> see Jun didnt and hopefully have a 2nd job

Dec: OK so far expect to be out of period of >> see Jun by 1st Jan :up:

2005: Finish College, Slim down a lot, Do survival training, Buy a house & motorbike or car & small boat, have more time to spend in the countryside which i love, whilst saving up for a trip around europe before joining the armed forces for a few years

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my first full time job after finishing uni.

Moved into a new flat and out of the hole I was in (nice flat, shit flatmates)

Got a new car

Went to Alton Towers (in new car)

Had some fucking ace alcohol fueled weekends with friends old and new

On the downside: I'm still single and have done nothing musically all year.

Jan: not too good' date=' left really bad, not well paid job

Feb: cool

Mar: cool

Apr: Cool

May: Cool, got a great job, reasonably well paid

Jun: Had a very big downfall in everything, self confidence, money, family, friends due to my own stupidity :rolleyes:

Jul: see Jun

Aug: see Jun

Sep: see Jun

Oct: see Jun

Nov: almost had a breakdown due to >> see Jun didnt and hopefully have a 2nd job

Dec: OK so far expect to be out of period of >> see Jun by 1st Jan :up:

2005: Finish College, Slim down a lot, Do survival training, Buy a house & motorbike or car & small boat, have more time to spend in the countryside which i love, whilst saving up for a trip around europe before joining the armed forces for a few years

Yes, motorbiker-to-be alert......

Bikes are ace.... Just ask Flash.....

Hmm, my year so far:

* Saw some great gigs in Glasgow (inc. Isis, Dillinger, A Perfect Circle)

* Drank a lot, had lots of great nights out with friends, though not enough times in Aberdeen unfortunately

* Wrote short story for competition, got nowhere with it, but got some ideas going

* Got a post-graduate qualification in Journalism

* Got job back in the Highlands as a journalist, so moved back somewhat reluctantly, but now doing job I actually enjoy, and trying to find a way back to a decent city

* Worked very hard during the summer to produce a 15,000 dissertation on press ethics (as interesting as it sounds) in order to up my qualification to a MLitt (still waiting to hear the results)

* Resurrected Popcorn Fiend for a couple of gigs, including the superfun Gavfest, though stagnated a bit since then

* Worked even harder to get fit, have lost over a couple of stone (and looking a lot better for it), and ran Loch Ness 10,000m. Now preparing to do marathon next year, and ran half-marathon distance a couple of weeks ago. WILL NOT STOP UNTIL SIX-PACK! Which means I'm stuck doing exercise five times a week for the next few years, until I collapse dead.

* Family moved to a nice new house, and slowly starting to pay off the sizable debts I accumulated in Glasgow

* Got to review Ross County every week and get paid for it, as well as being on a first name basis with Alex Smith, and having him phone me

A fair bit I would have liked to do, but lots of ideas for the future, and think I've achieved quite a lot compared to previous years. Also a lot happier than I had been, and more positive in many ways, if there's something I don't like I try and do something about it rather than sulk.

The downsides are pretty much the same as Chris, been single for whole of the year, and musically done nothing like as much as I would have liked to, especially with regards to being in a proper band. Also sucks living in the Highlands, where all my friends have gone to bigger and better places, leaving myself a bit isolated (I rectify that by talking to myself a lot more). But trying to get in shape to look half-decent again, and will rectify music situation once I'm in a place where I can get into a good band. Bring on 2005!

Guest haigyman

passed first year, still at uni - lol, wtf

joined this site...

saw shitloads of ace bands - slayer, metallica, machine head, biffy, muse, pixies, etc

had a good summer

kept working at tesco :(

picked up guitar (sort of properly)

*refusing to work at uni' date=' thus falling further and further behind.......

[/quote']

I saw you skiving today, you shit. :up:

Says me, who hasn't been to a single lecture in 9 days.... :moody:

Anyway, this year I was mostly:

-Starting a new job, doing less work than before for more cash. A plus point, obviously.

-Passing 1st year Uni, despite dismal attendance and almost completely missing the summer Chemistry exam. (Going to Marischal College instead of King's...yeah!)

-Having an ace summer, making at least one very special friend along the way.

-Going back to Uni, feeling refreshed and ready to knuckle down and put teh work in this year.

-Falling back into old habits less than a fortnight into the term. Oh well, never mind...I'll just try harder next year.

A pretty uneventful year really, but I still had an ace time of it.

I just realised I've missed out two of the most positive things I've done this year. I started training in Hung Ga Kung Fu during the summer after a few years away from martial arts (and any kind of fitness regime whatsoever) and I quit smoking. Well I say quit, I've had a few lapses lately while drunk but I havne't had a sober cigarette since April. Healthwise I feel better than I have done for years, just wish this gut would go away!

Hmm' date=' a fellow Aberdeen Uni waster. Yes, aint much of a lecture man myself. Who are you and what you studyin?

Ha, I didn't even bother turning up for the 1st year bio exam... :rolleyes:[/quote']

I'm studying Pharmacology, this year I'm in BI2004, BI20B2, BI20M1 and HS2002 (History and Philosophy of Science...why oh why?)

You're in some of my classes, certainly.

I'm studying Pharmacology' date=' this year I'm in BI2004, BI20B2, BI20M1 and HS2002 (History and Philosophy of Science...why oh why?)

You're in some of my classes, certainly.[/quote']

Man, you do 3 of my classes but I'm stuck with Satan's own educational course of BM2009 - human anatomy 1. It is so much memory work, which I refuse to do.

I've failed every test sofar, so am gonna have millions of work for the real exam.

i'm doing Biomed Pharmacology, but have in all seriousness been considering doing a normal Pharma course - it'd be worth it to lose the Anatomy......

Positive:

• Formed Evacuating Heaven in May
  • Wrote atleast 15 completely original songs

• Played 4 gigs with Evac (21/8, 26/9, 29/9, 13/11)
  • Started to 60+ new bands

• Seen a heap of cool bands live(Allergo, Beecher, Boxed-In, Easpa Measa, Fighting Shit, Filthpact, Halo, Johnny Truant, Pig Destroyer, Kaddish, Knifed, Narcosis, Norma Jean, Snowblood, Stand-up Guy, Vomitus, Zillah)
  • Met a few new folk

• Bought a lot of new equipment including: A new guitar (Ibanez RG7420), A new amp (Hughes & Kettner Warp 112), And a couple of new pedals (Boss GE-7, MT-2, SD-1)
  • Spent a week in New York

Negative:

• I still feel like my life has very little purpose
  • Almost lost a good friend through my own stupidity

• Becoming increasingly lazy
  • Still haven't managed to achieve the level of playing ability I hope for with the guitar

• Have missed a few great bands (A Perfect Circle, Converge, Cult of Luna)
  • Going to miss other great bands (Dillinger Escape Plan, Sunn 0))) )

• Missed out on Valhella, and only caught the final one

Em... that's my year summed up I guess.

I just realised I've missed out two of the most positive things I've done this year. I started training in Hung Ga Kung Fu during the summer after a few years away from martial arts (and any kind of fitness regime whatsoever) and I quit smoking. Well I say quit' date=' I've had a few lapses lately while drunk but I havne't had a sober cigarette since April. Healthwise I feel better than I have done for years, just wish this gut would go away![/quote']

Ditto the martial arts, except it was karate that I did, and am now attempting to do again. The first time back I thought I was going to collapse, and lose my body weight in sweat. I still do think that, except now I'm kinda used to it.

PS Ditto the gut, so close, yet so far...

Positives:

• By the end of the year, I will have seen the Manics, Velvet Revolver, Prodigy, Morrissey (twice), Malibu Stacey (brilliance) and a bunch of other bands who were great
  • I wrote the greatest riff ever
  • I bought lots of great CDs
  • The Manics released the year's best album, and in under two weeks I'll have the deluxe edition of The Holy Bible and will be able to watch JDB in his balaclava on TOTP forever
  • I breezed through the exams
  • Garth Marenghi's Darkplace entered my head via my eyes
  • Went down almost two notches on my belt
  • I bought an 8-track, and thus "put things into motion"
  • I discovered the beauty of grilled chicken breast mixed with stonehaven mealies, as well as finding out macaroni and cheese is brilliant, and trying mars bars for the first time, and found out that Princes tuna in olive oil is finer than Asda's
  • I wrote the most incredible essay for this stupid Project Management course I have to do
  • The Dons have become immense

Negatives:

• I have had to witness several terrible musical acts
  • Haven't quite gone down two notches on my belt yet
  • I haven't actually done anything with my 8-track yet
  • Discovered a hole in my Public Enemy t-shirt
  • Haven't read nearly as much of my books as I should have
  • Realised I should have done a course at uni that involved a little bit of creativity instead of listening to lecturers saying "the resistance needed is 770 ohms, so we'll use a 680 ohm resistor" (ever wondered why things break down so much? It's cos engineers are to science what children with mobiles are to the english language... or should I say nglsh lngwg?)

wtf' date=' you JUST tried mars bars for the first time? wtf is wrong with you?[/quote']

I'm an EXTREMELY fussy eater. I always assumed I'd hate nougat. If I'd only been told that it tastes pretty much like a milky way, I'd have eaten them years ago.

I could write a book about the things I've never tried. It'd be really boring like.