aberdeen-music

Message to ... "THE AGI-TA-TOR"

CornTYP

Guest stripey

If your amateur musicianship is anything to go by, I don't think I have anything to fear.

Perhaps you should learn to take the rough with the smooth. Yes your mates may patronisingly approve of what you are doing, yes naive kids may do the same, but if you are going to field your musical offerings - surely you ought to be prepared for criticism.

I cant help but be honest, its for your own good, little one.

Re: Re: Message to ... "THE AGI-TA-TOR"

Originally posted by stripey

If your amateur musicianship is anything to go by, I don't think I have anything to fear.

Perhaps you should learn to take the rough with the smooth. Yes your mates may patronisingly approve of what you are doing, yes naive kids may do the same, but if you are going to field your musical offerings - surely you ought to be prepared for criticism.

I cant help but be honest, its for your own good, little one.

mr%20T.jpg

Shup Foo'!

Yo stripey, notice your un registered so perhaps you might be able to give us some kinda of an idea of your own musical talents, bands etc before being so critical of other bands who have been playing gigs for a number of years at various venues around the town. And to be frank ive not heard many others complaining so far!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if you search the forums by stripey's name there are various examples of stuff he's done, things he's asked in musicians corner, etc.

they pretty much speak for themselves.

also note the difference in tone when stripey is talking to people he thinks are worthy of his (her? i reckon its a he) attention.

like i've said elsewhere, stripey is probably a forum-boosting alternate id of someone really sound that everyone knows- no real person could possibly be such a prat.

on the other hand, if there is an actual person expressing actual views behind the alter-ego of stripeyness, it is incredibly sad that they've gobshited themselves into such a corner after recently moving to a new area. instead of expressing differing opinions in a non-contemptuous manner, which would have made them interesting and would have invited the respect and comradeship the person seems to crave judging by their posts in other forums (musicians corner, fr instance)- stuff they've said about bands they've taken apparently gratuitous exception to has earned them the opprobrium of the people they've been trying to impress.

don't get angry at stripey- laugh if you must, but personally i think a dollop of pity is in order.