aberdeen-music

Kill Your Timid Notion

french_disko

I've just ordered a ticket for the Saturday - there's no way I'm missing Lee Ranaldo play with Text Of Light.

Unfortunately' date=' I can't manage any other days.

Chili - if there's transport available this time, let me know.....![/quote']

I'll keep you posted on the transport...........

Pls remember to spare some cash for our wonderful w/e this w/e

Frid 3rd Dec yellotone + marcia blaine.... on frid is a coup & probably our finest

electronic double header (TO DATE)

Sat 4th Dec Chris tt & the amazing Thomas Truax, plus Sgt Buzfuz....... what a night...

I need a rest

I'll keep you posted on the transport...........

Pls remember to spare some cash for our wonderful w/e this w/e

Frid 3rd Dec yellotone + marcia blaine.... on frid is a coup & probably our finest

electronic double header (TO DATE)

Sat 4th Dec Chris tt & the amazing Thomas Truax' date=' plus Sgt Buzfuz....... what a night...

I need a rest[/quote']

Can't manage Friday, unfortunately - which I'm gutted about as it sounds good - but I'll be propping pu the bar as usual on Saturday to see Thomas Truax again.

Now go lie down & get a rest..... :sleeping:

• 2 weeks later...
So what was KYTN like?

Very interesting and mind opening or a bit too many chin-stroker.com t shirts / goatee beards around?

Dave

Quite a mix of a crowd - plenty of arty types, hippies, chin strokes & at least one Spice Girl lookalike.

I only went on teh Saturday so I can only really comment on the program for that day but I certainly found it interesting. Found the films a bit hit & miss in the cinema but that may be due to a lack of previous experience in viewing these more than anything else.

The bands themselves were very good - certainly a change from the norm!

Although Tower Records were bordering on full hippie-ness at points.

Seemed to be a lot more of a crowd for text Of Light, funnily enough.....

I suppose they have to get a name and a name from the S Youth camp is a def ticket seller.

Yes I know what you mean about the films - I sat thru rather a lot of strange modern art films* at the CCA a year or two ago. Some great, some dont quite hit the button...

Did Chilli make it along or were you the only travelling 'donian down there?

Dave

* incidentally I have watched art house films since I was a kid, and see lots of modern art at the DCA, CCA, Fruitmarket et al in case anyone thought I was a Daily Mail reader / Prince Charles...

The bands themselves were very good - certainly a change from the norm!

Although Tower Records were bordering on full hippie-ness at points.

Seemed to be a lot more of a crowd for text Of Light' date=' funnily enough.....[/quote']

Did Tower Recordings have Pat Gubler (PG Six) with them? We're mates of old, and I would hate to have missed him play so near to home. (He's got dark hair, glasses, and plays the harp and ukelin).