aberdeen-music

The Shellac Gig Last night...thoughts?

lepeep

Guest neil ex

8o

I'm gutted, Al. This is Yousef, Ross posts as Wasted Space. Gav kept on calling me 'Ross' and Ross 'Yousef'. Atleast you got us right in person. Much confusion. I'm better looking than Ross though.

Man' date='

I've just about pulled my body parts back together. I got hideously drunk after that show and lost my wallet. :moody:

It was worth it though, trying to piss on car locks so they would thaw for the keys, being in the presence of Maxi when he jumped on his head, seeing Ben beat up Gav, meeting Yousef Picciotto etc.

Shellac was great. It was cool that they were very natural on stage rather than the usual rock postures. The song about the girl who picks up cigerette butts out of the gutter was ace.

There were so many band members there too like from Mogwai, Arab Strap, Lapsus Linguae, Opaic, Degrassi, Masamune, Project Ven Hell, Guts of the NE, Politik, Paravion, Sinister Waltz, Sidca, Dedalus.

Joss, Gav and I enjoyed it so much that we went out last night too.

This post is pointless, I'd just like to apologise to everyone and my Mother.[/quote']

You totally forgot to mention the members of The doves, Keane and of course nick lachy!!!

the only time i was looking at the crowd was when i was stuck behind people cause i lost my prime spot on the balcony due to some slack 'keep my space' work from a friend and then had to watch the first 4 songs on my tiptoes behind some fat, tall longhaired metallers. all worked out though.

phil, noticed you're bidding on a particular 7" on ebay that i've been watching...

the only time i was looking at the crowd was when i was stuck behind people cause i lost my prime spot on the balcony due to some slack 'keep my space' work from a friend and then had to watch the first 4 songs on my tiptoes behind some fat' date=' tall longhaired metallers. all worked out though.[/quote']

Eh sorry Dave, blame McComskie... bastard.

Really was a fantastic show, one of the best gigs ive seen in a long time, couldn't have faulted the set, or the performances, or the track marks.

Nice to (briefly) catch up with y'all too!

Rory.

Eh sorry Dave' date=' blame McComskie... bastard.

Really was a fantastic show, one of the best gigs ive seen in a long time, couldn't have faulted the set, or the performances, or the track marks.

Nice to (briefly) catch up with y'all too!

Rory.[/quote']

Ahh, A fine scape goat if I ever did see one.

he he...first gig he's NEVER spoken through, that's how good it was.