aberdeen-music

The Darkness last night

Mouse

I thougt The Darkness' performance at the Brits wasnt great, and I thought at times in the fetivals they were alcking as well. But the did takle me by surprise on Friday, they sounded full and solid, which I hadnt really heard from them before.

Aye tlaking bout muse.... Roll on Earls Court on the 19th Dec! Can't wait!

i said one of the best bands in britain - not the best.

muse kicked all arse at the brits - i think it was out of trying to prove a point after losing the best british rock award.....!

im a huge muse fan, and i'd kill to go see them live as i rate them as being probably THE best new-ish band in britain. matt bellamy is a god, great singer, great guitarist - great in general. powerful live act (i have the hullaballoo dvd), seriously talented band.

i also went to see radiohead last december, and they blew me away - theyr probably the best live band musically in britain. their music takes on a new lease of life live - its amazing. thom's a kickass singer.

the darkness were better on friday than any performance by them on TV i've ever seen. they kicked serious ass, i think they're getting into a stride now, and just at the stage when they needed to.

but really, when you think about it - bands like Snow Patrol (who are also faves of mine) sometimes lack a cutting edge live (even on the DVD sometimes)- but people dont give them a hard time over it. why the darkness? what have they done?

• 2 weeks later...
but really' date=' when you think about it - bands like Snow Patrol (who are also faves of mine) sometimes lack a cutting edge live (even on the DVD sometimes)- but people dont give them a hard time over it. why the darkness? what have they done?[/quote']

I think it's more that people expect bombastic rawk to have that cutting edge live whereas Snow Patrol might be classed as a bit more dour and indieish and so you perhaps wouldn't boogie your arse off to them?

i think its great watching the darkness turn into spinal tap, the second album will bomb (cos it'll probably sound like that one trick pony retro bollocks that is their first album only recorded in swanky 2 grand an hour studios) and come the summer the drugs should be kicking in.