aberdeen-music

what music is every one listening to?

Punk Anarchist

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barenaked Ladies (in preperation for Tuesday)' date=' Dido, Marillion, The Scorpions, Ray Wilson, Transat;antic, Jo McCafferty, Transvision Vamp, Fish, The Eagles, David Bowie, in fact whatever I feel like :p

And for the record, sultanofswing69 - Porcupine Tree are terrible ;) anything with Steve Wilson in it is terrible :p most overated man in prog rock :p

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Porcupine tree are ace even though Steve Wilson can act like a patronising titwank sometimes. Fact is he is Opeth's producer and therefore a god :D

Porcupine tree are ace even though Steve Wilson can act like a patronising titwank sometimes. Fact is he is Opeth's producer and therefore a god :D

Nope, Steve Wilson is an arrogant fuckwit and someone I've had the displeasure of meeting on several occasions and everytime has come off badly. I also heard of him banning someone from a Porcupine Tree gig because he said something that Steve didn't like. He also produced Fish's 'Sunsets on Empire', easily the worst album Fish ever recorded, all prog wankery. I also saw PT in 96/97 at the Lemon Tree and they were terrible, really, really bad.

Cheers

Stuar

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Latest deliveries this week from my beloved postman, without whom my life has no meaning:

Agathocles/Stomachal Corrosion split CD.

Anal Cunt/Fear of God/Stench of Corpse 3-way split CDR.

Extreme Noise Terror- Live And Loud CDR.

Gore Beyond Necropsy- Noisexcretass Asshole CDR.

Appendix- Money Is Not My Currency LP.

Capitalist Casualties- Disassembly Line LP.

Disclose- Yesterday's Fairytale, Tomorrow's Nightmare LP.

Diskonto- We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About LP.

Killed By Death #50 LP.

Tutti Pazzi vol.2 LP.

All fucking belters.

Nope' date=' Steve Wilson is an arrogant fuckwit and someone I've had the displeasure of meeting on several occasions and everytime has come off badly. I also heard of him banning someone from a Porcupine Tree gig because he said something that Steve didn't like. He also produced Fish's 'Sunsets on Empire', easily the worst album Fish ever recorded, all prog wankery. I also saw PT in 96/97 at the Lemon Tree and they were terrible, really, really bad.

Cheers

Stuar[/quote']

I really like porcupine tree. Those stories may very well be true about Steve Wilson, but my opinion on their music stays the same. I really like it :rolleyes:

:bat:

ok Paulscoconutass you asked something about "allststemsfail" i dont know who that is casue i'm new, thats why i made this post i wanted to know if any one in aberdeen liked the same kinda music as me. I've always wanted a band but no one at my school likes punk and i dont know any other folk my age that do, everyone here seems to be older than me as well :(

Guest Jake Wifebeater
ok Paulscoconutass you asked something about "allststemsfail" i dont know who that is casue i'm new' date=' thats why i made this post i wanted to know if any one in aberdeen liked the same kinda music as me. I've always wanted a band but no one at my school likes punk and i dont know any other folk my age that do, everyone here seems to be older than me as well :([/quote']

Allsystemsfail is a fine fellow, I've known him for years. Us punks are becoming right old cunts, I'm 29 and he's 42!

Hey' date=' that's cool. Are you at all sympathetic to the anarchist project? And anarcho-punk?

But your last comment?

Anyway, you checked out [url']http://www.anarchistfaq.org? Or http://flag.blackened.net and http://www.enrager.net?

I read a lot of Proudhons, Bakunins and Godwins' work and i can see what the appeal of abolishing all forms of hierarchy is. However it's strange how so much of the anarchists' perfect society relies heavily on the rationality of human beings - especially with the existance of the terrorist-type anarchist - it seems a little contradictory. All-in-all i wouldn't mind seeing proper anarchism go a little further than tiny islands. I chose to do a presentation on it because i thought it'd be interesting, and indeed it was.

As for anarcho punk, i think it's ace that people are using their music to project political beliefs/values. To see bands like bad religion make it on to the world scale is massively impressive. Although it's not something i'm in to, with bands as huge as RATM being both successful and yet still so political, it's proven to be a good combination.

And i was just kidding about the 'last comment'. :p

Listening to:

My Chemical Romance: Thre Cheers for Sweet Revenge

Alkaline Trio: Older shit

Weezer: Blue album

Underoath

Sorry.

Good taste my friend. Which Alkaline Trio albums do you have?

For the past couple of days I've listening to nothing but AFI. So good.

Usually it's The Distillers' date='

[/quote']

So true about Afi

put on sing sing death house for first time in ages and fell in love with it again. Just pisses all over Coral Fang.