aberdeen-music

what music is every one listening to?

Punk Anarchist

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just pulling your chain. But just so you know, Johnny Rotten's idea of anarchy (chaos! mayhem! woo!! :rolleyes: ) is a far cry from the true idea (ie a life free from state coercion).

Clash = second best band ever, behind the Manic Street Preachers, who used to make music which was just as exciting as the Clash's first album, and then some.

my favourite bands are deftones and smashing pumpkins as well as biffy clyro, rise against, blink 182 (seeing 'em on wednesday woo!!) and stuff like johnny truant, converge and norma jean. i'm also partial to a little fugazi and rites of spring but lets not forget mogwai, sleater kinney.....TOO MANY TO MENTION!!

Guest Charity Case

I'm not a punk, far from it. In my playlist are: moby, aqua, rammstein, apoptygma berzerk, urga, buddy holly, shakira, duran duran, bonkers, various happy hardcore artists make up the rest.

Jees, i just did a presentation on Anarchism 2 weeks ago...

Anarchism

Anarcho-Punk

... both very interesting web pages and as it's already been said, nothing to do with 'chaos, mayhem, wooohoooo'. And are you (Punk Anarchist) an apprentice of 'allsystemsfail'? :rolleyes:

As for music i'm digging the Living End, cKy, Bodyjar and L'Arc~En~Ceil pretty badly just now

Jees' date=' i just did a presentation on Anarchism 2 weeks ago...

Anarchism

Anarcho-Punk

... both very interesting web pages and as it's already been said, nothing to do with 'chaos, mayhem, wooohoooo'. And are you (Punk Anarchist) an apprentice of 'allsystemsfail'? :rolleyes:

As for music i'm digging the Living End, cKy, Bodyjar and L'Arc~En~Ceil pretty badly just now

Fantastic source that wikipedia. I never even knew there was such a thing as capitlaist anarchism until I saw it there.

Fantastic source that wikipedia. I never even knew there was such a thing as capitlaist anarchism until I saw it there.

I've used/sourced it for every single essay/presentation/talk that i've had for the last year and a half. It usually comes up as one of the top google hits when you're looking up and ideology or institution .... very reliable, and it's so vast.

I've used/sourced it for every single essay/presentation/talk that i've had for the last year and a half. It usually comes up as one of the top google hits when you're looking up and ideology or institution .... very reliable' date=' and it's so vast.[/quote']

It's quite good the way you come across things too. I got to capitalist anarchism from South Park. Lovely stuff.

my latest purchases have been :

bonny prince billy : blue lotus feet (ep)

can : tago mago

saddle creek 50 : saddle creek compilation (the faint, cursive, the good life, mayday etc)

the blood brothers : crimes

captain beefhart : trout mask replica

I'll tell you what punk isn't green spikey hair, that's "fashion", punk ain't "fashion", no matter what the zines tell you. punk is doing things your way...

Barenaked Ladies (in preperation for Tuesday), Dido, Marillion, The Scorpions, Ray Wilson, Transat;antic, Jo McCafferty, Transvision Vamp, Fish, The Eagles, David Bowie, in fact whatever I feel like :p

And for the record, sultanofswing69 - Porcupine Tree are terrible ;) anything with Steve Wilson in it is terrible :p most overated man in prog rock :p

Cheers

Stuart

Guest allsystemsfail
Jees' date=' i just did a presentation on Anarchism 2 weeks ago...

Anarchism

Anarcho-Punk

Hey, that's cool. Are you at all sympathetic to the anarchist project? And anarcho-punk?

But your last comment?

Anyway, you checked out http://www.anarchistfaq.org? Or http://flag.blackened.net and http://www.enrager.net?

Guest allsystemsfail

Pretty much listen only to anarcho-punk. Of late I've been listening to Mortarhate reissues Liberty - The People Who Care Are Angry and Admit You're Shit - Someplace Special. Not forgetting the Filthpact/Afterbirth split. :) Also Subhumans, Antischism, Lost Cherrees, Lack Of Knowledge, Oi Polloi, Crucifix, and Flux.