aberdeen-music

Tonight : Come be Damned!

Rob Karloff

From Radio Lucifer's point of view it is good. We didn't play as well as we have in the past and were plagued by equipment failures, but hey-ho. We still had an ace time, went down pretty well and gave away 200 free CDs to willing punters.The Damned played for too long, would've rather had a punchier set from them and had Broken Sunshine open the night. Robb Karloff seemyling only owns three CDs.

Lucifites! We're playing The Moorings on the 30th December with The Q and Dave Dixon!

From Radio Lucifer's point of view it is good. We didn't play as well as we have in the past and were plagued by equipment failures' date=' but hey-ho. We still had an ace time, went down pretty well and gave away 200 free CDs to willing punters.The Damned played for too long, would've rather had a punchier set from them and had Broken Sunshine open the night. Robb Karloff seemyling only owns three CDs.

Lucifites! We're playing The Moorings on the 30th December with The Q and Dave Dixon![/quote']

:laughing:

Yeah, highlights of my set were a track from Hillbilly Moon Explosion followed by a Josie Cotton number. Destination: Bomp! compilation for the Josie Cotton song and Hillbilly Moon Explosion can be found on Crazy Love Records if they struck a chord. The rest was Motorhead, Ramones, Psychopunch, Misfits, The Donnas, etc. You know, real original rock and roll?? No Wildhearts or cock rock in my collection, sorry.

The Damned were mega, I thought their set was solid and a good length. Can't argue with a band of their calibre! Sensible and Vanian are still the guys who show how a show should be done. Fred at One-Up tells me they've had 3 lots of the re-release of MGE in and they're all sold out at the moment. Not bad for a band who have been on the go for 25 years!

2nd time I seen the damned (after seeing em at welly club in hull nearly 2 years ago to the date), sound wasnt as good as last time i saw them but the damned were! a great set...i wouldnt ssay they played too long at all but if your a big damned fan like myself then you wouldnt (i was still waiting for grimly fiendish but to no avail!) and the captain and dave vanian were on form. great to see jet boy, jet girl, curtain call and new rose in the set (all missing from last time i saw them play). good night and i got me a new hat (as if i dont have enough)

The rest was Motorhead' date=' Ramones, Psychopunch, Misfits, The Donnas, etc. You know, real original rock and roll?? No Wildhearts or cock rock in my collection, sorry.[/quote']

I had no problem with what you played at all, hell we play all those bands regularly at Air Guitar ('cept Psychopunch), but two Donnas songs in the space of about 20 minutes?!

Nice touch with 'Jonny Are You Queer?' after RL's set, very droll. :up: