aberdeen-music

best venue - fma2005

The Ghost Of Fudge

hhhmmm now im all confused. i voted twice for moshulu cos i reckon its the place i spent most of my time gig-going over the summer and ross does work uber uber hard and generally always puts on a cracking show....but then i thought i might wanna change my mind to dr drakes, cos i've been going there since way back when i was fourteen, when it was the old drakes at castelgate, when dave frickin rock and roll dixon worked there...its an awesome cosy ace little venue and i LOVE it, but then i thought....i quite like the piratey randomness of the moorings, and their cherry beer....mmm.....but then....kef was the first venue i went to when i started taking an interest in local music again.....and its all swanky and nice and has a bouncy floor.....oh, dear me....well i guess it doesnt matter now as moshulu have my vote, but you know, just so the rest of you dont feel left out....women are forever changing their minds....

Hey....you missed out the Malt Mill' date=' Aileen!!!! :band:[/quote']

and you know i spent a lot of time in the malt mill in my youth as well....but i havent been back since they renovated it....i hear its a bit more...function room-y now....i used to LOVE the big paintings of like louis armstrong and stuff...man it was ace!

anyway......i just want everyone to win now!!

Then answer our emails! Were nae a bad band!

Currently I have no gigs that would fit a "Black Metal / Extreme Metal" Band that are confirmed.

Most touring bands bring support. Thus no space for a local.

I also need to check on the current line-up for Element 106 as I do believe one of the members may well be banned from the venue.

Element 106 supported Breed 77 earlier this year. Element 106 is (I think) Seaborgium the heaviest metal (I think) in the periodic table, until they figure out how slam another neutron in there to, form the even rarer Unobtanium (named after promoters that don't return emails LOL). I guess I could also go on to make lame jokes about half-life but I'll stop there.

Thing is that heaviest metal is a good description of E106. All the hallmarks of great metal are present. Their music is melodic with good depth and structure... and even the odd hook! Their's is the type of hardcore that you find yourself humming the day after the gig. Seriously!

No way can you possibly have banned any of them. With the exception of Feeb they're all far to polite and well behaved to get banned. Heh heh only kidding, Feeb and I go back a long way. Went to my first 'proper' gig with him in the Barrowlands in 1990. Aaah death metal afternoons in Caesers Palace. Those were the days.

sadly of course, as you all know from the voting slips at the last fudge gig, the moorings weren't nominated in 'best venue' this year, so their votes count for shit this year :) , but i'm pleased to announce that with the overwhelming support they've been shown in this thread, that they're alreadynominated as 'best venue 2006', at the probable expense of whomever comes last in the final reckoning...

sadly of course' date=' as you all know from the voting slips at the last fudge gig, the moorings weren't nominated in 'best venue' this year, so their votes count for shit this year :) , but i'm pleased to announce that with the overwhelming support they've been shown in this thread, that they're alreadynominated as 'best venue 2006', at the probable expense of whomever comes last in the final reckoning...[/quote']

OK so I guess I better get Neil to shutdown my 19 other user accounts now :( Damn!

Currently I have no gigs that would fit a "Black Metal / Extreme Metal" Band that are confirmed.

Most touring bands bring support. Thus no space for a local.

I also need to check on the current line-up for Element 106 as I do believe one of the members may well be banned from the venue.

None of the current line-up are banned. I know it is a former member who is.

Cheers for the kind words Flash

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stuartmaxwell
*blushes*

BUT... I started doing all this in Drakes..... If it wasn't for drakes then i`d probably not have managed to get a foot in the door elsewhere.

In reply to Maxi...

I have a track record promoting "hardcore blah emo blah" bands. Thus the promoters of these bands at various agencies have contacted me. It is very difficult to get "in" with agents at certain agencies and thus it`ll take time.

I`ve tried to book acts across the pop/rock spectrum. Most of the agents I don't have a "repor" with and thus I don't get the booking. Time will tell.

I came very very close to getting Trail Of The Dead in December. Sadly not.. ho hum.

wow! i just came accross this....

i wasnt actually slaggin you off mr ross, i like emo + hardcore and so on, i just dont really like "metalcore" much. the comment about hardcore emo bands thing etc, kinda meant that the bands seem to be very similar, although i believe you to be the one stop shop in aberdeen for stapleton + therapy? now (right no?). im just a snotty prat who likes smaller gigs, did you stop doing gigs in the back room?

to be honest they prob did you a favour by not giving you trail of dead, i seen em at tuts and was very very dissapointed, they were crap. shame, i love their records....

listening to the new colour of fire record, its great!always think of ross morrisson when i hear a colour of fire record (strange, not perverted in any way)

is moshulu open on thursday?