aberdeen-music

Delay pedals(with looping capabilities)

...mole...

im looking at some delay pedals at the moment because i need a decent delay effect and im also wanting to use them for looping to create soundscapes and such with my roland guitar synth ive ordered. im looking at the Line 6 DL4 and the Electro Harmonix 16 second delay reissue. at the moment the line 6 is my favorite because of the price but the 16 second delay is very tempting. anyone got any advice on these or other reccomendations?

I picked a cheap second hand Boss DD-3 Digital Delay, and I think it's the bee's knees. I have no experience of other delay gear though, plus the loop feature is definitely not 16 seconds (maybe 4-5 max? could be wrong). Otherwise great! Serves my purpose anyhow. If you spot a cheap one, grab it. Or tell me and I'll grab it.

I've got a Boss DD-6 which i've had for years and it's such a useful pedal. It has a loop/overdub time of around 5 seconds, and an actual delay time of 2.5 seconds max (you can double this by using the stereo ports though). It suits me fine, but I guess if you were going in for some heavy-duty ambient electronicy stuff then you'd need something fancier. Also, DD-6's are a bit pricey and im not sure how advanced the features are compared to other DD pedals.

check out the 'boomerang'...i used that and found it very useful before i moved here...there's also a looper made by either korg or roland (almost the same right) that has 5 minutes of non-destructible memory...that was my next purchase but i've moved away from looping after so many years of it (sorta went the opposite direction and just started adding more and more different devices instead...it's a disease.) if dave stokes is on this list he uses a very simaler (jesus christ i can't spell at the moment!) set up to what you've described...dave are you there???

Guest davetherave

Boss Looping Pedal

Hi Guys,

As Bill (prof Lo-Fi) mentioned I've been playing with guitar synths and looping for quite some time and in my humble opinion the best and most reasonably priced looper is the Boss RC20 (now the RC20XL).

I've used the Line 6 , a good device (it unfortunately died, probably overuse) :o) But the RC20 has some cool looping options, and it stores up to 10 samples in memory for recall at any time. The new RC20XL has 16mins of looping time, as opposed to 5mins on the old model.

My current rig is as follows,

Roland GR33, Roland GR1 guitar synths, Boss wp20 all hooked via a GKP4 splitter box controlled from a custom guitar with internal midi pickup. These are fed into the Boss RC20, Roland GP16 and a few pedals (digitech synth wah, Marshall chorus, zoom 505, and 2 volume pedals), all fed to a mini mixer and stereo outputs. This rig makes a lot of different sounds (noise) at the same time, and my tap dancing skills have improved as a result of all these footswitches :o)

Cheers, Dave