aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Flash@TMB

One Minutes Silence in Memory of Marcus

The Moorings will observe a 1 minute silence in memory of Marcus on Friday night at 11pm. It would be a nice touch if the other bars, clubs, and venues did likewise at the same time.

I'm going to demonstrate my total ignorance in local events/news, but who's Marcus? I want to think it was the poor guy who was the victim of a suspected hit and run last friday, but I'm not 100% sure...

Woah, he died?!

I encountered Marcus several times over years, in the old Drakes I think first. He was always loud and outspoken, landed himself in many verbal arguments and disagreements over various things, but he was basically a harmless guy that you either engaged or ignored. Whatever happened to him, he can't of deserved, that's the bottom line. And his friends and family must be really devastated by this. Hopefully the Police do a good job and answers are found soon.

My tribute to Marcus will be to shout "Plaid Cymru!!" at the top of my voice and have a kebab, like he often seemed to be doing while staggering drunk up the road!!

RIP Marcus.

No one deserves a hit and run.

There are posters all over king st asking for info etc, I just hope they find whoever was cowardly enough to do something like that.

It's a good idea Flash, I didn't know him or ever encounter him, but that's nae the point.

Guest tv tanned
I dunno. I can think of a few people who deserve a good hit and run but innocent people like this guy doesn't.

(not birdman)

another entry to the Lexicon of silly things to say.

I think a minute's silence would be a good idea. I hope as many venues as possible will join in this tribute. Never met the bloke, but nobody deserves to be left for dead.

Didn't know him well but I've spent a fair bit of time in his company. As Rob said, he could be loud and arsey, but he was a top bloke. I hope the police find the gutless little fuck that ran away and left him, and I hope the courts do the right thing and put them away for a long time.

RIP