aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
psydoll

The Fall

Really as bad as John Peel made out?

The Fall are a little like Captain Beefheart - not that easy to get into' date=' but you often get hooked. Also both bands have had off periods as well...

Best Fall starter - 50,000 Fall fans cant be wrong OR The Rough Trade Anthology called Totally Wired - a 2cd Fall of some of their best work,

Dave

Mark E Smith should be given the freedom of the country. I can't say I've kept up with their output over the years (or necessarily enjoyed it) but no record collection should be without Live At The Witchtrials and Dragnet. Live they were (are) awsome.

Psychick Dance Hall is a good 3cd compilation, but "This Nations Saving Grace" is a good studio album. I picked up "Cerebral Caustic" for 2 in Fopp once....

Mark E Smith should be given the freedom of the country. I can't say I've kept up with their output over the years (or necessarily enjoyed it) but no record collection should be without Live At The Witchtrials and Dragnet. Live they were (are) awsome.

i was just about to say everyone should own 'live at the witchtrails'.no xmas for john quays is properly great.