aberdeen-music

Are Helloween and/or manowar decent??

friendlybikerdude

Guest Scorge Spike

Helloween are alright, but I'd recommend Gamma Ray (Kai Hansen's subsequent project) instea - Land Of The Free and No World Order are two awesome albums.

I am less keen on Manowar. I say you should check out Dragonforce instead - speed metal at it's finest. :D

i saw no to Manowar, FAR too cheesey - not heavy enough and speedy enough for me!! Kinda like Bon Jovi Metal lol...

Helloween are awesome (on Keeper of the Seven Keys PT.II anyway) <-- get that album NOW.

Gamma Ray are much better... real power metal there, No World Order is a great place to start but also as Scorge said you can'[t go Wrong with most of the stuff on Land of the Free.

Dragonforce, a league of their own. If you don't know these guys - get Sonic Firestorm, then Valley of the Damned and thank us.

If you do know them and missed them in Glasgow... tut tut tut!! It was awesome (tough luck Steveo HAHAHAHA)

i was just reminded of a game myself' date=' alex (7SU) and joe (atom) were playing at download 2003...

Spot the Manowar T-Shirt

we found 1 guy all weekend

and he wasnt just wearing a Manowar t-shirt

he had a 2nd one wrapped around him!

two Manowar t-shirts he was wearing.... two![/quote']

:laughing: I'd forgotten all about that you know... ah, that was one of the best weekends of my life...

METALLICA!!

Guest Scorge Spike
Remind me' date=' do you BA boys like DragonForce or not? I remember Mac once dissed em at Kef once hehe.... blasphemy![/quote']

Not likely.

i saw no to Manowar' date=' FAR too cheesey - not heavy enough and speedy enough for me!! Kinda like Bon Jovi Metal lol...[/quote']

You're going to love your Christmas present ;).....

Rhapsody own them all. Symphony of Enchanted Lands owns. "FOR THE KING, FOR THE LAND, FOR THE MOUNTAINS!!!!"

oh, and also, The Reign of Terror!!! check out the song "Save Me" for MAD as fuck soloing and awesome riffage.

Manowar are nothing like Gwar.

GWAR fuckin destroy!

as for Battle Hymn, im sure I saw a knighting ceremony which was done with that as the soundtrack. am I thinking of the right song??

Rhapsody own them all. Symphony of Enchanted Lands owns. "FOR THE KING' date=' FOR THE LAND, FOR THE MOUNTAINS!!!!"

oh, and also, The Reign of Terror!!! check out the song "Save Me" for MAD as fuck soloing and awesome riffage.

Manowar are nothing like Gwar.

GWAR fuckin destroy!

as for Battle Hymn, im sure I saw a knighting ceremony which was done with that as the soundtrack. am I thinking of the right song??[/quote']

you have the knighting ceremony 'hymn' wrong, it was in fact the anthemic 'the crown and the ring(lament of the kings)'.we should have been arrested that night, or lynched.