aberdeen-music

moshulu Vs Exodus?

Just curious..... BUT:

Why do people go to Exodus as opposed to Moshulu on a Monday and vice versa when:

1.The Music Is The Same

2.The $ are the same (Entry and all) - Yes Both are FREE

more people in Exodus, as only a certain type of people apparently go to moshulu, most students will go to Exodus.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I much prefer moshulu to exodus although I dont mind the latter. Just one thing, why do two-thirds of the people in exodus look like they want to be members of Jet? It's sickening! but apart from that, no problem. Also Cloud, I agree with Jake, it is pretty easy to pull in there. But if you reply to a girl asking how you are with "I'm FIN", she might already have suspicions your weird before the poncho story confirms it.

Just curious..... BUT:

Why do people go to Exodus as opposed to Moshulu on a Monday and vice versa when:

1.The Music Is The Same

That is true, but monday at exodus is more established, some people just don't like Moshulu, as has been said before they have the wrong idea about the place. Too be honest last time i was at MUD i left early as it was absolutely dead, went to exodus and the place was packed. Also Triple Kirks has the same drink prices as Exodus from 9pm and even offer pot noodles for a pound, what student could resist?

I much prefer moshulu to exodus although I dont mind the latter. Just one thing' date=' why do two-thirds of the people in exodus look like they want to be members of Jet? It's sickening! but apart from that, no problem. Also Cloud, I agree with Jake, it is pretty easy to pull in there. But if you reply to a girl asking how you are with "I'm FIN", she might already have suspicions your weird before the poncho story confirms it.[/quote']

Jet wannabes! The only thing worse is.....Jet themselves!

Moshulu gets busy at 12. This is probably why you thought it was dead.

Exodus Capacity is 270

Moshulu Capacity is 700 (If both rooms are opened); 600 total for a gig.

Yeah i know that, i left about one, just after the dance floor was dead to beastie boys. After that i couldn't handle anymore, and realised the youth of today don't know a good thing when it slaps them in the face.

The best thing i can think of is to change the name of the night, offer something a bit more fresh and slightly different from any other night maybe have a few local bands playing in the back room on a monday, that would get more people along, if your offering both a club night and live music in the same venue, ok you may have to charge somethig for entry but could make it a bit more appealing for people who don't know that moshulu isn't just for "goths and metallers".

Just my two cents do what you will with them.

Just curious..... BUT:

1.The Music Is The Same

I'd love to know the answer to this too. Could be conversations like the follwoing:

My mates: "Where will we go tonight?"

Me: "Moshulu Moshulu Moshulu!!!!!"

Them: "Fuck off, it's full of little goths, and the music is shit"

And so we go to Dus and participate in the ongoing experiment on sheep herding with humans.

Maybe it's cos Dus makes you queue sometimes, which makes people think "oh it MUST be good!"

But' date=' as Ross pointed out, the music policy in the two clubs is pretty much the same. On Mondays anyway. And the Goth has been extinct in Aberdeen since 1993.

Stand up to your mates and go to Moshulu anyway.

Hang on, what am I saying...?

Must be the festive spirit.[/quote']

EXACTLY!!!! That's what's so fucking stupid about it.

I have just gone by myself anyway a couple of times before, but I get extremely drunk (which I always do anyway) and make a fool of myself (which I always do anyway).

Wait a minute...

Just curious..... BUT:

1.The Music Is The Same

Personaly I would rather be in Moshulu but the times I have gone there it has been dead the people I have been there with have decided to go to exodus instead.

I will try it again at some point when I have time to go out on a monday

Guest neil ex

I heard you left Exodus at 1:30 with Sam last Friday, thinking it was 3:00/closing time although Sam told you the time when he was leaving. When you were outside and realised the correct time, there was a que to get in so you decided to go back to Pug's via Sam's. When you got to Sam's, he went to the toilet and when he came back, you were passed out behind his couch. He tried to drag you towards the door in the hope that you'd wake up, but you didn't, so he had no option but to leave you. You drunk.

Guest neil ex

Oh yeah, Sam said something about you carrying a traffic cone up to the flat. You drunk.

I'm going to bring my video camera to Exodus one night so you can see for yourself how drunk you get, and how violent you get. You drunk.

Guest stuartmaxwell

you didnt steal a traffic cone??

that is the gayest cheeky steal ever

we stole a blue lamp from outside a police station (had a hacksaw/screwdrivers, getaway car an all)

it lights up my living rather nicely!

Exodus, although not busier, is far too cramped. I'd rather be in a Moshulu that was dead, as that way I can find a comfy seat and talk to the people I'm with without having to deafen myself. I'm not out to look for a member of the opposite sex to flirt with these days, so I don't care if there's a lot of people or not. I'm also not fussed if it's all little goths with eyeliner and posers who want to talk about how much JD they've had. As long as I'm with my mates what does it matter? Anyway, to look at me the stereotypers would probably include me in the "goth with eyeliner" bracket. Thing is, I'm not afraid to look happy. :p

Come to mention it, Moshulu was really busy last Friday and a drunk guy came up, propositioned me and then fell asleep for almost an hour. Does anyone recognise themselves? I'm just curious. We were amazed at how he could have slept sitting up with the loud music.

you didnt steal a traffic cone??

that is the gayest cheeky steal ever

we stole a blue lamp from outside a police station (had a hacksaw/screwdrivers' date=' getaway car an all)

it lights up my living rather nicely![/quote']

yeah it is a shit steal. best thing i stole while drunk was a small A/C unit from Liquid.

Come to mention it' date=' Moshulu was really busy last Friday and a drunk guy came up, propositioned me and then fell asleep for almost an hour. Does anyone recognise themselves? I'm just curious. We were amazed at how he could have slept sitting up with the loud music.[/quote']

Was he bald and called Ollie by any chance? :D

its gotta be exodus man. friday nights are awesome in there (always thought saturdays were pretty weak). i like the way that it doesnt let the fact its part of a chain dictate its music tastes and the music is fairly different each night of the week. definitely better on the weekend though. as for moshulu, i've been a few times but prefer exodus, because moshulu seems to be full of - as opposed to trendy people - annoying bastards trying to outdo each other in terms of ridiculous dress sense. for example i saw a cunt wearing a nazi uniform in there one night - and no, it wasn't a fancy dress, just some bellend trying to be controversial.

exodus rules.

Mike