aberdeen-music

moshulu Vs Exodus?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neil ex
Exodus definitely. i reckon the cramped conditions create a much better atmosphere. Would be good if they had a bottle bar near the back so then the main bar wouldn't be so busy.

I'm surprised you rememeber your nights in Exodus, even when you walk upstairs.

To whoever said the bar staff are shit...could you explain why we're shit and offer some suggestions as to how we could give you better service?

I asked about getting the bottle bar back yesterday and was told that it would be pointless since it rarely got used before.

I don't understand all the people saying the bar service is shit. I've always found them to quick and well mannered.

Guest fat_bottom_girls

man they are both as bad as each other! Both quite stale and same old shit diff angle! It is about time aberdeen got its act together and got a decent metal/alternative club going!

as for posers you will get them anywhere, part and parcel of the scene. Same for grumpy and happy folk! I think moshulu needs to vary its playlists and get new dj's as ross has been doing the same old shit for too long!

Maybe moshulu has chnaged? i dont know? not been in over a month. Maybe someone can tell me how good it is now, and if i am allowed through the door i will sample it again! Shame the cage died that was moshulus best night!!!

Viva la Skid row!

Moshulu needs to change? Funny, I could've sworn that Bond*age was rammed on Friday, could've sworn that Air Guitar was pretty damn busy (as is the norm these days) and that Flying Circus was still at a decent level for a Wednesday night. Moshulu is anything but stale these days - anyone that goes will vouch for the way that the Flying Circus has a certain air of excitement about it these days - but oh wait, it's not metal, so it can't be any good.

Anyway, didn't Ross invite you to go and talk to him about starting a night? Did you ever take him up on his offer? If not, why moan?

Moshulu:

"Can I have a Vodka and Coke, Please?"

"Yes that is 2.00"

"Thank-you"

<sits down> "Even though I no longer feel a connection with the music here, the people are friendly."

Exodus

<waiting in que while two people max get served at the foot-long bar>

"HEY DOOD! CAN I HAV A AFTERSHOCK I WANT TO GET WASTED SO I HAVE AN AMUSING STORY TO TEL IN MY COMPUTAR ENGINARING CLASS TOMORROW!"

"Do you have a yellow card?"

"WHAT!"

"Do you have a yellow card?"

"WHAT!"

(5 minutes later)

"NO! BUT MY FRIEND DOES! STEEEEEEEEVE! STEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!....YELLOW CARD! OMG THX PLZ!"

"Okay, you're drink is now 15p cheaper and now at a regular price!"

"AWESOME!OMG BOMBTRACK! THIS SONG IS STILL FRESH AND NEW TO THE WORLD!"

(Of course, I'm stretching the truth but in my experience it's been an exercise in getting students wasted and not much else. I'm not the best judge as I don't really like clubs anyway)

Guest neil ex

On a serious note, I think Exodus always has a good atmosphere and I always enjoy it. It is a pain getting served at the bar, and I get immensly pissed off with people skipping in front and pushing, but what can you do? It is, however, definitely not the fault of the bar staff, they're all pretty good. I'm not a fan of Moshulu, but it's alright sometimes.

Guest neil ex
to be honest I can't remember anything about exodus anymore

So you won't remember pissing your pants last Friday then..... And to think you were wearing the same clothes at the poker night on Saturday. :help:

Guest stuartmaxwell
I don't understand all the people saying the bar service is shit. I've always found them to quick and well mannered.

agreed

and most of them are rather attractive too...

:dunce:

....Moshulu, Moshulu, Moshulu... :up:

i can genuinely say that i have never been to Moshulu without having an ace night...the staff are friendly, the drinks are reasonably priced and the music is varied, what more could you ask for?eh?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Has to be Moshulu for me. I find everyone, staff and punters, to be genuinely friendly folk. Exodus is too small and too loud. Moshulu always seems jam-packed so they've got a good thing going. Plus, it's relatively easy to pull in there! The place is chock-full of stunners.

Has to be Moshulu for me. I find everyone' date=' staff and punters, to be genuinely friendly folk. Exodus is too small and too loud. Moshulu always seems jam-packed so they've got a good thing going. Plus, it's relatively easy to pull in there! The place is chock-full of stunners.[/quote']

amen to that.

Every time I've been to Moshulu' date=' it's been full of people that dress like they're sixteen years old, i.e like their favourite chart bands of the moment, and it annoys me everytime. These people are the same types that get drunk and are over apologetic towards you if you bump into them. The common phrase is "sorry man" or "sorry dude" followed by a pat on the back. It's good meeting new people when you're out, but when these types start talking to you, they're only interested in mentioning how much theyve drank and how many local rock stars they know, or how much crazy shit theyve done. They will also ask you questions that they're obviously not interested in hearing about like, "so what're you studying man?" or "so where'd you work dude", theyll then reply with oh right, cool man. They're all cocky aswell. From past experience (I don't speak to them now) if you get onto the topic of music and you tell them you don't like their favourite chart band of the moment, who they're trying desperately to copy but will abandon when they go out of season, they generally come to the conclusion that, either you don't know shit about music, or that you've got shit taste in music. Theyll tell you ohhh its all good man. Everytime, for the rest of the night, when you walk past one of these morons, theyll shout out some stupid comment at you, or give some stupid hand salute, or try and shake your hand, in the hope that you think theyre cool, or other people are watching.

Then there are the snobs who look down at people who dress in comfortable clothing that doesn't stand out. Tends to be people that get called 'goths' by ignoramuses, some would call themselves goths as they own one album by their 'favourite' band The Cure (Disintegration), wear black nail varnish, black eye liner and black clothing. Some of them want to be perceived as miserable, by sitting by themselves, drinking in a corner, deliberately trying to look miserable. Some of them want to appear weird, or zany by making non-sensical comments, some even try to come across as pretentious, without fail.

Infact, theres too many groups to mention. Some of the bar staff need to learn some manners aswell. They like to pretend theyre working in The Cathouse in Glasgow.

I remember a girl with metal attached to her face, a tartan skirt, and a half shaved head gave me a dirty look once because I was smiling.

Exodus is probably just as bad, but the drinks a lot cheaper and my friends go there, but Rob is not my friend.[/quote']

i'm curious....do you have any freinds? or you just like to complain alot?

sorry man...its all good.