aberdeen-music

moshulu Vs Exodus?

oh god' date=' i'm actually quite scared now...[/quote']

why, have you experienced ollie? :D

speaking of which, i had a good rub of his head tonight..he liked it.

actually' date=' minus the bald bit- that sounds a lot like something i would do[/quote']

I've heard many stories about you falling asleep and being kicked out of exodus, ross used to tell us a different story nightly involving you and him getting absolutely fucked :p

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no comparison, Moshulu everytime.

Same reasons as everyone else: Exodus is crowded, full of completely wasted pikeys and there's not really anywhere to sit down or have a chat with folk.

Moshulu, good because :

I met my boyfriend there

really friendly barstaff who recognise you on teh street (hmm, maybe I go there too often :D)

excellent DJs, especially the lovely Ross who never laughs at a request and reminds me of a young Bruce Campbell...(thats a compliment by the way :) )

Tis local! Nothing to do with this crappy 'it's a scream'chain

cheap drinkies

the back room - great music and perfect for talking to people

it's a venue as well as a club

and it's connected to the mighty Bassment (although it'll always to HJBs to me) and that means cocktails, pool and brilliant food at student friendly prices.

oh, and it's nowhere near Belmont Street, so you're less likely to run into Priory type people (or have to avoid a police screaming towards Revolution) on your way home.

First class, well done to all involved :up:

Guest Charity Case
no comparison' date=' Moshulu everytime.

Same reasons as everyone else: Exodus is crowded, full of completely wasted pikeys and there's not really anywhere to sit down or have a chat with folk.

Moshulu, good because :

I met my boyfriend there

really friendly barstaff who recognise you on teh street (hmm, maybe I go there too often :D)

excellent DJs, especially the lovely Ross who never laughs at a request and reminds me of a young Bruce Campbell...(thats a compliment by the way :) )

Tis local! Nothing to do with this crappy 'it's a scream'chain

cheap drinkies

the back room - great music and perfect for talking to people

it's a venue as well as a club

and it's connected to the mighty Bassment (although it'll always to HJBs to me) and that means cocktails, pool and brilliant food at student friendly prices.

oh, and it's nowhere near Belmont Street, so you're [b']less likely to run into Priory type people (or have to avoid a police screaming towards Revolution) on your way home.

First class, well done to all involved :up:

people who arent trying to be different unlike most moshulu types(and failing since every other kid who wants to be unique wears the same sort of things)?

people who arent trying to be different unlike most moshulu types(and failing since every other kid who wants to be unique wears the same sort of things)?

no, i mean a certain variety of persons, I'm sure you know what kind of people i mean. I'm trying to avoid the use of 'pikey' or 'townie', but, there you go...

it has nothing to do with what they are wearing, however, sadly, it seems that a certain way of dressing follows a certain way of behaving. I don't mind some of these folk when they're sober, but when drunk it is in my experience that a number of people who appear from the Priory at 2am are obnoxious, loud and in general, really fucking annoying.

Yes, i go to moshulu, but I'm not trying to be different. i like teh music, enjoy the company etc. I would never (no matter how drunk) stagger out of a club and shout abuse at people wearing different clothes from myself.

Sorry if I've made sweeping statements there, but thats my experience, and it comes from being infront of a bar, and working behind one.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for me to put my tuppenceworth in.

Exodus is ok. nothing more, nothing less. There is a serious lack of decent music in it, and far too much indie shmindie.

Too much student 'i want to be in the strokes' types, and twats that think that they are Ian Brown.

Getting asked for a yellow card all the time is uber annoying, and if you don't have one the drinks can be mighty pricey.

On the good side, I have always found the staff to be friendly, and there are some quality peope to have a banter with, if you can hear them over the music.

Moshulu is quite good, but it isn't a patch on when the mighty palace reigned supreme. The music is better now, but the palace had a scuzzy downmarket charm, that no number of half assed coats of paint could hide.

Having said that the staff are cool and the drinks are not too badly priced.

The wee room at the back is cool, and it's shaping up to be a top quality venue.

Maybe i'm just getting old, but you can't beat a quiet pint in the bassement.

And whoever said the grub was good is spot on!

Maybe i'm just getting old' date=' but you can't beat a quiet pint in the bassement.

And whoever said the grub was good is spot on![/quote']

Spot on :up:

The Bassment is perfect for a day time tipple and is much quieter than Triple Kirks.

Nope, I'm sorry, I'm a Bassment gal, no one will ever persuade me that Exodus is better.

There you go. Now, what do we Moshulu types get for our adoration :D

• 3 weeks later...

Id say both are pretty shitty, in my opinion.

Moshulu can sometimes play good music but im a metal/death metal fan so neither really play the music i like. Iv only been to Exodus a few times but i had an OK night.

i dont tend to get on with the Emo kids in Moshulu and the whole ''look at me im alternative'' attitude some people who go there have.

_\m/ \m/_

|| ||

• 4 weeks later...

exodus and moshulu

exodus pros: none

moshulu pros: sat night rocks

exodus cons: u have to queue to get into a complete shithole. with a shitty little bar and pish music and crap dj's.

moshulu cons: they play alln that so called new metal/punk pish. maybe everybody likes busted! i dont know! just pish.

Nobz........ :band:

I've been holding back for a while on this one but I prefer Moshulu because;

It's around the corner from my house.

It's less crowded than Exodus and therefore you can get served.

I don't feel inferior for not having a yellow plastic card.

They never feel inclined to play Michael Jackson for any reason.

There are less neds.

They sell Jagermeister.

Unfortunately, I feel old in both these days. Perhaps it's time I started frequenting the Metro.

i saw a cunt wearing a nazi uniform in there one night - and no' date=' it wasn't a fancy dress, just some bellend trying to be controversial[/quote']

As endorsed by Royalty.

I see nothing wrong with the wearing of Nazi uniforms.

I've been holding back for a while on this one but I prefer Moshulu because;

It's around the corner from my house.

It's less crowded than Exodus and therefore you can get served.

I don't feel inferior for not having a yellow plastic card.

They never feel inclined to play Michael Jackson for any reason.

There are less neds.

They sell Jagermeister.

Unfortunately' date=' I feel old in both these days. Perhaps it's time I started frequenting the Metro.[/quote']

WHOA! Exodus plays Michael Jackson???

Heh heh heh you already go to the Metro, who the fuck are you trying to kid?

Seriously though...

Exodus = chain club operated by greedy capitalists that want your money.

Moshulu = unique club operated on your behalf by skint hard working alt.rock types that need your support.

No contest really. This does not reflect on the people that work for a chain. Hey I used to work for Burger King and ASDA... but I don't want to see them take over the world. Does it annoy anyone else when a mediocre cook by numbers Bella Pasta opens across the street from some little individual Italian restaurant that someones has put their heart & soul into and closes them down? Vote with your wallets before it's too late.

I think for me it is quite hard as in which night club is the better. I used to go to moshulu all the time and then got bored cuz i was there all the time..then i went to exodus quite a lot and i got bored of exodus because it is so small...I think in terms of music i like exodus a bit better on a tuesday or wednesday whichever night has stuff from the 80's but on the other hand i am also quite a big fan of friday nights in the backroom! i just think there should be more clubs in aberdeen, there are far too many clubs in aberdeen that dont do anything other than music that i dont really like so really having moshulu or exodus and even o'neils is pretty cool....but there should be more...