aberdeen-music

moshulu Vs Exodus?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them both. Moshulu has music more to my taste and I have had very few bad nights there. Exodus also has good music but features more irritating pish like the stone roses. It's easier to get served in moshulu and it's bigger so you can walk around and chat without getting your pint bumped every few seconds. exodus is free before midnight and has a cheaper bar.

There's not much difference really. There's posers in both of them and a large amount of nice people in both of them.

I like both.

However the bar service at Exodus is awful, Moshulu's is far better.

I generally prefer the music in Moshulu, but early in the week in Exodus they play 80's mince (god bless) which goes down a treat in my book. The yellow card drinks promos are also pretty good.

I like both, but frequent Moshulu a lot more, the sheer lack of space in Exodus irritates me greatly.

I mush prefer Moshulu. Never really had a good night in Exodus. The drink in Exodus is cheap (although what I drink in Moshulu is quite cheap as well) but it takes ages to actually get served when its busy. Plus its really crammed when full where's Moshulu is nicely spaced out, and it has the second room. Its also easier to have a conversation with someone in Moshulu, where's in Exudus you have to shout in the persons ear all night. I also prefer Moshulu music wise as well, although when I was at Exodus on a Monday the music was quite good. The only other days I have been was a Wednesdays which seem a bit rubbish. Its like the same songs played in exactly the same order every week.

Guest stuartmaxwell

i probably prefer exodus to be honest

always a good craic

moshulu can be alright sometimes too, i dont really go that much though

nicer women in exodus...

single an all that...

The back room djs in Moshulu on a Friday occasionally play Jaga Jazzist....

I know as it is my CD. I have a couple of the EPs and also the album somewhere. Sadly not main room playable.....

Ho Hum....

If I ever do the back room again i`ll be sure to spin some for you.

Best

Ross The Toss

there both pretty fukin shit you losers. none of them play good music. turd turd turd! :cheers:

Such constructive criticism...

Then what would you consider "good music" to be? I'm curious. It really is all a matter of opinion' date=' you could say "music that I like" instead of good music, because to some people music you consider good is an assualt on the ears, whilst on the other hand you might hate someone else's music taste.

I'm rambling.

My point is, it's a matter of taste. I happen to think the music played in moshulu is wide and varied, depending on the night.

Take flying circus for example, it really [b']is anything goes. Where else will you hear Counting Crows, Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi, Britney Spears, System of a Down, Europe, OutKast, Gina G, The Killers, Meatloaf and Ghostbusters played in sequence? If that's not varied I'm not entirely sure what is...

On fridays yes the music in the main room is heavier, but if you go to the back room it's quite the opposite. Hats off to that man who introduced me to Apocalyptica by playing their version of Metallica's Fade to Black, the ultimate chillout.

I've never been to Moshulu, i usually go to Exodus instead cos i only go into town on a saturday night really and i don't fancy the sound of "air guitar". There are a lot of annoying people in exodus but big Dave plays some good songs (he's pretty good with requests) and i don't find the bar that much of a problem either. I need to get in earlier for the better songs though. And there are too many Razorlights fans and older indie fans (when indie meant wearing a shit sunhat) who wanna hear Oasis, the Mondays and Stone Roses.

Guest neil ex

Every time I've been to Moshulu, it's been full of people that dress like they're sixteen years old, i.e like their favourite chart bands of the moment, and it annoys me everytime. These people are the same types that get drunk and are over apologetic towards you if you bump into them. The common phrase is "sorry man" or "sorry dude" followed by a pat on the back. It's good meeting new people when you're out, but when these types start talking to you, they're only interested in mentioning how much theyve drank and how many local rock stars they know, or how much crazy shit theyve done. They will also ask you questions that they're obviously not interested in hearing about like, "so what're you studying man?" or "so where'd you work dude", theyll then reply with oh right, cool man. They're all cocky aswell. From past experience (I don't speak to them now) if you get onto the topic of music and you tell them you don't like their favourite chart band of the moment, who they're trying desperately to copy but will abandon when they go out of season, they generally come to the conclusion that, either you don't know shit about music, or that you've got shit taste in music. Theyll tell you ohhh its all good man. Everytime, for the rest of the night, when you walk past one of these morons, theyll shout out some stupid comment at you, or give some stupid hand salute, or try and shake your hand, in the hope that you think theyre cool, or other people are watching.

Then there are the snobs who look down at people who dress in comfortable clothing that doesn't stand out. Tends to be people that get called 'goths' by ignoramuses, some would call themselves goths as they own one album by their 'favourite' band The Cure (Disintegration), wear black nail varnish, black eye liner and black clothing. Some of them want to be perceived as miserable, by sitting by themselves, drinking in a corner, deliberately trying to look miserable. Some of them want to appear weird, or zany by making non-sensical comments, some even try to come across as pretentious, without fail.

Infact, theres too many groups to mention. Some of the bar staff need to learn some manners aswell. They like to pretend theyre working in The Cathouse in Glasgow.

I remember a girl with metal attached to her face, a tartan skirt, and a half shaved head gave me a dirty look once because I was smiling.

Exodus is probably just as bad, but the drinks a lot cheaper and my friends go there, but Rob is not my friend.