aberdeen-music

Jo McCafferty's leaving gig

jester1470

I'm sure most of ypou are aware that on the 8th December at the Belmont cinema Miss McCafferty will be playing her final gig in Aberdeen for the forseeable future (pillar injuries willing). This is going to be a great night with Jo doing a set as well as a few others and we're also looking for bands/artists to cover some a Jo song in their own inimitable style. Antone who's heard Jo and has a favourite they want to cover acoustically in any style then please give me a shout.

Just to show the strangeness of the evening, Bob and Milner from the late lamented PoO will play one of Jo's songs in their ownstyle, even Speed Rock King Hog is having a go at a lovely mellow ballad. This is going to be a fun night put and the last chance in a while to see Jo playing up here and well worth a night out. Anyone who wants to do a cover give me a shout about the cover they want to do and i'll sned them an mp3 if they don't already own it.

So come down and say hello if you're around, it's a free gig and will be worth seeing,

Cheers

Stuart

This is gona be really good!

just hope jo doesnt mind when we play her song better than she does :p

Haha only joking dont think there is much chance of that but still will be fun.

Ah but could you outdrink her in tequilla ;):gringo: I doubt it...

I've seen her take on a 6ft 5 alcoholic and take him drink for drink in it ;) Even my attempoted ban tonight didn't work so I'm giving up :moody:

Cheers

Stuart

Jo and I have been thinking and in order to make it as silly an evening as possible we're going to suggest, though it is completely optional that anyone who fancies it can dress up, either in silly fancy dress or formal outfits, Jo will be wearing a Ballgown and i will be wearing a suit, and ayone who knows me knows how strange it'll be to see me in a suit, hopefully Hog can dust out his tux or his leapard skin thong and Cloud can find his pink poncho and we're sorted.

Cheers

Stuart