aberdeen-music

20/11 @ Moorings Bar

kirkt

what did everyone think? despite arguin with a couple of people who felt they were above paying to a gig, and sitting on the door by my lonesome self cos i forgot to tell any of my friends about it, i thought it twas a good night...

cezare were really amazing! i cant belive the guitarist used to be in the exploited...and he impressed me with his lovely selection of wrestling tshirts and i was impressed with femoras return, no disrespect to sludge but i thought the new vocalist fitted them perfectly, looked so confident and they sounded so tight, cant belive hes only been with them for only 2 weeks! they'll be back at the moorings on the 18th december with filthpact, tearjerk and hopefully engage!

Guest Nikola Tesla
18th december with filthpact' date=' tearjerk and hopefully engage![/quote']

What happened to In Decades Decline??? (if this is the same gig im thinking of)

Woop to Engage though :up:

What happened to In Decades Decline??? (if this is the same gig im thinking of)

Woop to Engage though :up:

they ALWAYS cancel...thankfully Dave is more persistent than me so he'll prob get em up later but i feel Engage were a more than worthy replacement :D then again their not the most reliable of bands either...

I saw the last two bands.

Cezare were like Wire and Shellac. Overall quite impressed. There were times where I thought it was really interesting.

The last band didn't do anything for me. They seemed really tight, but I felt there wasn't any progression. It was all pretty same/y. I'd really like to see a metal band who want to fuck things up, rather than play harder than everyone else, which always seems to be the case.

Seriously,what the fuck are you all like?

That was the best gig Femora have ever played,and yes they do sound much better with Chris on vocals.If you actually pay attention the whole band have changed what there doing to an extent.And for whoever said something about *progression*,for your sake i hope you never saw them before,and it was just a typo.I mean,there are 10 times what they were before,there sound has changed (faster,heavier).Plus they are alot more comfortable and confident on stage.And for the people at the back,do you pay your 3 for the warmth or what?.Its a fucking gig,come down and support the bands,you dont have to be right up against the monitors,just so that the band can actually see your faces.

Yes i was one of the fuckers at the front during Femora set,swinging my arms around and having a bloody good time.Keep it up boys!

Taylor

5 Finger Discount: its pop punk. i aint a fan in the slkightest. especially about how homosexual pop punk singers look when they're singing(let me point out that im not a homophobe either, ive just been in O'Henrys for a few pints) but, well, they were rather good at it.

Cezare: but arrogant and pretentios with how long it took them to get on stage. bvut i reckon they were taking the piss, considering i spent the rest of the night with them. fuckign ace band though. really fuckign slowed down kinda sludegy rock,. yas!

Femora: nothing original. not a single part of the set that smaked me in the face like "that was ace". but really fucking tight. I reckopn, give them three months with Chris on vocals, and they should ahev some fucking ACE ideas! I reckon, if they get some ideas and head in a more Sawtooth Grin/Norma jean direction, rather than a simpler Killswitch Engage, they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

I dont beat around the bush, im just saying what I thought.

ha

Fuck You asshole!

man i'm hurtin. if you cant take a bit of critisism you're never gonna make it. i said nothing about your actual talent. i'm a drummer too, and you sounded like a good solid drummer. i was saying that i dont like the style of stuff you guys play. i didnt expect to hear that at the moorings, aways assumed the music blastin out would be my sorta stuff.

chill out man, not everyone is gonna love you.

have to say i quite enjoyed the night after all the fannying about by cezare

didn't like any of the other bands really, bit of a diverse line up to be honest

just want to congragulate chris on doing a fucking grand job on vocals, thought you sounded great man. Two practices.........

and don't worry boys, my guitar writing certainly wont be moving in sawtooth/norma jean direction. Thats just silly.....

Guest scott cs.
5 Finger Discount: its pop punk. i aint a fan in the slkightest. especially about how homosexual pop punk singers look when they're singing(let me point out that im not a homophobe either' date=' ive just been in O'Henrys for a few pints) but, well, they were rather good at it.

.[/quote']

we were rather good at looking gay or we were rather good overall?

Guest allsystemsfail
they ALWAYS cancel...thankfully Dave is more persistent than me so he'll prob get em up later but i feel Engage were a more than worthy replacement :D then again their not the most reliable of bands either...

Yeah, caught Engage few years back last time they came through here. Were pretty cool.

Criticism

To be honest with y'all people not liking our music isn't a big problem to me, seeing as there were 4 different bands with 4 different styles what else would you really expect? you can't please anyone, but it was the moorings bar, which last time i checked wasn't a pop-punk or indie bar, looking to the juke box full of megadeth and slayer. music wise i wouldnt buy anyones stuff but i respect the bands that turned up to play as each had the same problem that we had, getting the people who weren't there to see you on your side. i was well impressed that we had a small crowd at the front of the stage - more moshing next time! - but if every band in aberdeen slagged everyother band for not playing the same music as them (which happens alot as it is) noone will get anywhere!

oh and risactonia rule!!!

To be honest with y'all people not liking our music isn't a big problem to me' date=' seeing as there were 4 different bands with 4 different styles what else would you really expect? you can't please anyone, but it was the moorings bar, which last time i checked wasn't a pop-punk or indie bar, looking to the juke box full of megadeth and slayer. music wise i wouldnt buy anyones stuff but i respect the bands that turned up to play as each had the same problem that we had, getting the people who weren't there to see you on your side. i was well impressed that we had a small crowd at the front of the stage - more moshing next time! - but if every band in aberdeen slagged everyother band for not playing the same music as them (which happens alot as it is) noone will get anywhere!

oh and risactonia rule!!![/quote']

Is that not the same problem almost every band has during a gig tho? Is it not your job as were to make sure these people are interested in what you do? To be honest, and please dont take this as me having a go, but if you were really good enough then people who maybe wern't into your music would of given you the attention. When we played there a few months back we played a pop punk set the moorings folk and by all means we went down a storm so i dont think saying that the moorings is a metal bar really cuts it. Ive seen Broken Sunshine get a good reception there and Gilman Street went down a storm, neither of them you could say were metal bands.

As i say im not having a go at you guys just saying dont blame the crowd if they're not interested in you. After all they are the ones who paid to come see you play.

so how can you make people who arn't into metal like it???

what your saying is that we should change our stuff to suit everybody so we can get a better reception. There was probably other punk bands or similar playing the same night as those bands you and the others played as we have had before. This time was different with the line up. A lot of the people there were not there to see us.

At the end of the day we have had people who are into the same music as us saying that they thought we rocked, and people who play similar styles. To be honest (and i don't speak for the whole band, only me) thats all that matters.

We love what we play and so does our new vocalist (he rocks by the way) and we aint gonna change.

oh and by the way Risactonia rock!!

and Atom and Element106 biiiiaaaatch

Seriously' date='what the fuck are you all like?

That was the best gig Femora have ever played,and yes they do sound much better with Chris on vocals.If you actually pay attention the whole band have changed what there doing to an extent.And for whoever said something about *progression*,for your sake i hope you never saw them before,and it was just a typo.I mean,there are 10 times what they were before,there sound has changed (faster,heavier).Plus they are alot more comfortable and confident on stage.And for the people at the back,do you pay your 3 for the warmth or what?.Its a fucking gig,come down and support the bands,you dont have to be right up against the monitors,just so that the band can actually see your faces.

Yes i was one of the fuckers at the front during Femora set,swinging my arms around and having a bloody good time.Keep it up boys!

Taylor[/quote']

i went to school with your girlfriend by the way. you are a lucky man shes really nice.