aberdeen-music

I got mumps :(

rufus13th

Apparently there's some mumps outbreak going around. I saw the doctor today about some symptoms I've been having - most noticeably my cheeks (facial) have puffed up so much that I now look like a balloon - and yeah, he says I have mumps.

It's really sore under my ears, on top of my neck. It's agony when I'm trying to eat or brush my teeth.

Weird thing is that I've had the MMR vacine but apparently you need to have it twice to garauntee immunity to mumps.

Just wondering, anyone else catch it? It's going around students mainly.

Apparently the virus doesn't spread too easily, only when transmitting syliva (i.e. kissing, sharing drinks etc). My flatmates should be ok as I won't be kissing them but I guess I gotta be extra careful cleaning glasses etc.

I told my mum and she's picking me up tomorrow. The doctor says that it's gonna get worse, chances of frequent vomiting and fevers. I managed to get a letter saying I won't be in Uni. :help:

i had it in May!!!! made me miss my enlgish exam which got me and A on appeal :)

yeah i only got one dose of full MMR, then when i was in P4 i got MR jab but not for mumps so i manged to catch it somehow

i fell for youi. its sooo sore. but it only lasta bout 4 days. but you are still quite contagious. i had to sit my exams in a room alone as wasnt alowd out the house for days

Apparently there's some mumps outbreak going around. I saw the doctor today about some symptoms I've been having - most noticeably my cheeks (facial) have puffed up so much that I now look like a balloon - and yeah' date=' he says I have mumps[/quote']

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17973

As long as your cheeks don't get as big as the chest in your avatar you're sorted.

i had it a week ago! its the most painful thing in the work! i have so much sympothy (sp?) for you!the doctor first told me it was toncilitis(Sp?) and gave me some shitty tablets which did buggar all for the pain! but i am rid of it now and got my second MMR jab on wednesday! hope you get better soon!