aberdeen-music

Broken Sunshine will not be supporting The Damned

lava p.

As a direct result of an ''extended set from The Damned'' I have had to inform Broken Sunshine that they will not be able to perform at this show, simply not enough time.

Doors 7pm

Radio Lucifer

7.45 - 8.15

The Damned

8.45 - 10.15

Ends

10.15pm

its a pity as I know that they were all really looking forward to opening for one of the original garage rock acts.

i think i can speak for the whole of broken sunshine when i say- we're totally gutted. but i'm sure we'll have the chance to prove ourselves many times over at various other gigs in the future.

next time maybe!

no!! That sucks ...imagine bein told you were supporting the damned and then suddenly its ' date='no ...that sucks.... when are Broken Sunshine next playin anyways... i'm gonna come along[/quote']

Thanks Dave, havnt seen you in ages so you should come.

Also, thank you to all the support we've had about opening, or not opening, for the Damned. We are all pretty gutted, but still intent on having a good night, so see you all there! :up:

Guest DustyDeviada
i think i can speak for the whole of broken sunshine when i say- we're totally gutted.

Be honest though Lisa, I bet you hadn't actually heard of The Damned when you got offered the gig, so you can't be that gutted. ;)

Be honest though Lisa' date=' I bet you hadn't actually heard of The Damned when you got offered the gig, so you can't be that gutted. ;)[/quote']

aye thats a bit harsh like. she could be gutted on the count that it would be an awesome gig to play and they'll now be missing out, regardless of whether or not she's heard of/likes the damned!

you are rather presumptuous!!

Guest DustyDeviada
Why do you assume that? Isn't that a little unfair? Do you know any Damned songs beyond New Rose and Eloise?

Yep, "Video Nasty" as featured in the Young Ones episode "Nasty".

And I "assume" that because I've known ALL the Broken Sunshine girls for years, long before Broken Sunshine came into existence in fact. Lisa even sang at my wedding for fuck's sake.

But no need to go on the defensive - it was meant as a bit of fun, hence the smilie. ;)

Cheers! :up:

Yep' date=' "Video Nasty" as featured in the Young Ones episode "Nasty".

And I "assume" that because I've known ALL the Broken Sunshine girls for years, long before Broken Sunshine came into existence in fact. Lisa even sang at my wedding for fuck's sake.

But no need to go on the defensive - it was meant as a bit of fun, hence the smilie. ;)

Cheers! :up:[/quote']

I hear we do a "Damned approved" cover of that one, live and on our "Monsters Ruin" EP. Ahem. :)

Guest DustyDeviada
Hey' date=' I sang at your wedding too!!! So, I didnt sing a solo... I was still singing!

[/quote']

Oops, sorry about that. Shame Lucy wasn't there - when you guys are famous I could have been saying "Broken Sunshine 'played' my wedding". :(