aberdeen-music

Indie bands in Aberdeen?

Bacause' date=' despite what most people say, they like to fit into groups... and I've rarely seen a band in Aberdeen that isn't pop-punk or metal...[/quote']

Ah shut your face - Small Enclosed Area, X-Certs, Contra, Masamune, Sidca, Deadloss Superstar, Data Thieves, Karloff, Filthpact, 67, Eric Euan or Turning 13? Pop-Punk or Metal? Maybe it's bacause you don't venture out to Drakes or Drummonds more often...

Ah shut your face - Small Enclosed Area' date=' X-Certs, Contra, Masamune, Sidca, Deadloss Superstar, Data Thieves, Karloff, Filthpact, 67, Eric Euan or Turning 13? Pop-Punk or Metal? Maybe it's [i']bacause you don't venture out to Drakes or Drummonds more often...

Excuse me, but i've been to drakes and drummonds quite alot... ok, i've seen Eric Euan and they were quite good...

This thread wasn't an anti pop-punk or metal thread, i was just wondering if there was alot of other bands that would describe themselves as indie...

Excuse me' date=' but i've been to drakes and drummonds quite alot... ok, i've seen Eric Euan and they were quite good...

This thread wasn't an anti pop-punk or metal thread, i was just wondering if there was alot of other bands that would describe themselves as indie...[/quote']

The Cuts might describe themselves as indie, if recent posts are to be believed then the X-Certs are indie rock...

As Graeme said though this thread seems like a basic 'who cares' kinda situation. What does it matter if they're 'indie' or not?

Do you have any ideas as to who you'd class as indie in Aberdeen?

Indie bands

As far as Im aware, theres quite a few bands in Aberdeen who arent punk or metal.

It depends on what is understood by indie. There are a lot of crap Stone Roses/ Oasis tribute "indie" bands (actually just shite bands) but there are some really good indie/rock bands as well who are worth seeing.Like the Cuts. AKA the Fox, Eric Euan etc

I dont think its good to put bands into groups or genres but sometimes its inevitable. I dont think of my band as being from any particular genre because we have a lot of different sounds of song in our set and the songs are influenced by everything from pop and punk to old rock n roll etc. However, by other peoples definition we are probably an indie/rock band.

I think the guys post is misunderstood, sounds to me like he was just making an enquiry as to what bands in aberdeen were doing something that wasnt related to the music he outlined. There are a lot of punk/metal bands in aberdeen and to the casual observer it may seem like they dominate but I know otherwise because Im in Drakes and Drummonds every week.

However, we definitely arent a punk/ metal/ emo band so if thats what he was looking for heres our website c/w a sample are of our tunes : www.thelittlekicks.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLATANT PLUG ALERT

THE LITTLE KICKS - LIVE - DECEMBER 4th - DRUMMONDS

Supporrting The Casuals - 9pm

Open Mic with Steven Milne - Every Second Tueday - DR DRAKES - Free Entry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Mr Blastcap

in die

aye i think sidca are indie, just wait till you hear our heartfelt tribute to Embrace's career defining "all you good good people", all it really needed to make it into a spiritualized song was tonnes of feedback. and thats what we've done.

after that we're going to have a go at gravity grave by 'tit verve , or something by shed seven.

i know, i've had a better idea, there's no other way by blur played far to fast.

i'll stop now.

Don't worry about it - we've got indie up to our aresholes in the central belt. Reading the reviews in the Metro or Jockrock makes me wanna become Craig Cuntkicker, go get that pink reversed headstock tele I had, buy a huge fucking stack, and actually get round to forming Sluts on Junk - the greatest siamese twin metal band in the universe.

Guest stuartmaxwell
Don't worry about it - we've got indie up to our aresholes in the central belt. Reading the reviews in the Metro or Jockrock makes me wanna become Craig Cuntkicker' date=' go get that pink reversed headstock tele I had, buy a huge fucking stack, and actually get round to forming Sluts on Junk - the greatest siamese twin metal band in the universe.[/quote']

yeah i had the unfortunate "pleasure" of seeing kane last night

fucking terrible hillbilly jet type band

dominic diamond was there, nodding along like the deaf spaztic that he is

we were very tempted to give him our autograph

we didnt...

way too many shite indie bands down here, we have got

draw, clearfall, driverdown, smytherjones, etc etc

they are all pish and they all hype themselves like mmw used to

:down:

however, we do have ace bands down here too

• 3 months later...

Smytherjones

i seen smytherjones a few weeks ago in barfly and they dont seem like a clearfall type of band to me they where more early indie along the lines of post punk joy division and bands like the wedding present not some shitty travis impression .

im in an indie band.

Well, its more post-indie.

and because of our influences, I'll call it power-post-indie.

and we scream alot, so how about power-post-indie-screamo.

and I like to join trends so, we'll make it power-post-indie-screamo-core.

and cos I want you to like my band more than others, we'll change it all to xXpower.post.indie.screamo.coreXx

yes.

Guest Zeenat Aman
im in an indie band.

Well' date=' its more post-indie.

and because of our influences, I'll call it power-post-indie.

and we scream alot, so how about power-post-indie-screamo.

and I like to join trends so, we'll make it power-post-indie-screamo-core.

and cos I want you to like my band more than others, we'll change it all to xXpower.post.indie.screamo.coreXx

yes.[/quote']

:laughing:

Guest Zeenat Aman
... indie.

It may have something to do with the vocalist' date=' I dont know as I haven't heard you, but I've been told he is very indie, in a [i']mad for it kinda way.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Balls. I've seen 'em - he's more like Brian Ferry on some awesome drugs. I think anyway.

Oh well, best name the person who said it... Simon Gall, you are apparently wrong!

:D