aberdeen-music

Formaldehyde... ick...

Rachie

I used to love that stuff on the farm.

We used to have to run the sheep through a trough of straw soaked in the stuff to cure footrot. Used to totally fume the byre out, I once burned my lungs a little bit. Really cleared the sinii though! :up:

Now I stick to Nitromethane fumes when we warm up the dragster in the pits. But I tend to wear a gas mask these days.

I used to love that stuff on the farm.

We used to have to run the sheep through a trough of straw soaked in the stuff to cure footrot. Used to totally fume the byre out' date=' I once burned my lungs a little bit. Really cleared the sinii though! :up:

Now I stick to Nitromethane fumes when we warm up the dragster in the pits. But I tend to wear a gas mask these days.[/quote']

Clear the sinii it certainly did, my nose hasn't been clearer all day. At home now. Huzzah. No more uni for... er... 18 hours...

My fiancee worked in the mortuary at Dundee Uni for a year' date=' and regularly came back from work with the smell of formaldehyde on her clothes and hands.

Quite a turn on really.[/quote']

Mortuary at a university?? excuse my ignorance but is that where they put all the nasty, greasy students? :rolleyes:

Actually' date=' the disection room in Marishal is just behind estaminet, and was still in action when I was messing about in there. Not sure if they still do disection anymore - I certainly did a fair bit, but that was *gulp* 7 years ago now. Jesus, I must nearly be dead......[/quote']

The DR (dissection room) in the anatomy dept at Marischal has been in the same place for the best part of 200 years.

Med students don't get to dissect, not enough resources and it would get too crowded because of the sheer size of the year, despite being split into 4 groups. We do prosection instead, any material is prepared by the professors beforehand and we can examine it.

Still better than Glasgow's computer based learning in my opinion.