aberdeen-music

aberdeen's top singer/song writers?

shaun

Guest DustyDeviada
Jo McCafferty and Emma Forman easily imho' date=' then again I'm bias. But Emma writes phenomenal pop/rock songs and has a really nice voice. Jo is just an incredibly powerful singer with some of the best songs i'ver heard, mixed with some amazing stage presence.

[/quote']

Both of whom are of course playing the Malt Mill this sunday, Emma albeit with her band The Deviadas.

Why not check them out? ;)

PS Fiona Keenan's good too

10 years ago I would have said Martin "Shambles" Watson. He had a fantastic talent in both writing songs and singing/playing. The sheer number of songs he wrote at that time was also impressive, as was his ability to record CD quality vocals in one take (album vocals recorded in one morning - bearing in mind this was at the Mill and Niall is a perfectionist).

Nowadays - I'm afraid I don't know what he's writing, if anything, but he certainly did have an incredible talent.

Regards

Flossie

There's a guy keeps popping up at the Malt Mill on Open Mic Night his name is Chris Henderson i think he's fucking gd like'. And apparently some girl he was playing wiv this monday past is going to states to record her album cant remember her name but fucking 'amazing voice'.

Who else Simon Gall, Steve Crawford has a song i love cant remeber name though. Who elses ass should i lick...

There's a guy keeps popping up at the Malt Mill on Open Mic Night his name is Chris Henderson i think he's fucking gd like'. And apparently some girl he was playing wiv this monday past is going to states to record her album cant remember her name but fucking 'amazing voice'.

Who else Simon Gall' date=' Steve Crawford has a song i love cant remeber name though. Who elses ass should i lick...[/quote']

Yup his name is Chris Henderson, hav'nt seen him play for a while though

Simon Gall also turns up a lot, same story

Guest Cowboy Dan
10 years ago I would have said Martin "Shambles" Watson. He had a fantastic talent in both writing songs and singing/playing. The sheer number of songs he wrote at that time was also impressive' date=' as was his ability to record CD quality vocals in one take (album vocals recorded in one morning - bearing in mind this was at the Mill and Niall is a perfectionist).

Nowadays - I'm afraid I don't know what he's writing, if anything, but he certainly did have an incredible talent.

Regards

Flossie[/quote']

Man, i thought that fag was about to start a fight with me in the Moorings last night, he kept ramlbing on about utter shite in his druken state.

Man' date=' i thought that fag was about to start a fight with me in the Moorings last night, he kept ramlbing on about utter shite in his druken state.[/quote']

He's done that to me a few times as well in the same pub. I quite enjoyed his drunken warblings at Drakes open mic the last time I went as well.

He ain't called Shambles for nothing :p