aberdeen-music

Bottom Appreciation Thread

Birdman

Who here absolutely loves Bottom and would love to share their passions?

Whats your favourite episode? line? favourite Richie's facial expression?

What about your live show? have you ever been? Met them at all? Spotted them in the street?

I'd like to say I'm possibly the biggest fan of Bottom that I know possibly bar one other person.

share.

(not birdman)

I think my all time most funny segment from an episode is when the Gas man tries to leave and Richie hits and kicks him to the ground with eddie on frying pan then he gets totally stuck into his head and hits him about 16 times in a row. I have never laughed at ANYTHING else that much in my entire life. I had to leave to dry my eyes after that one!

(not birdman)

We just watched 'Smells' the other day at a mate's flat.

Gloriously funny.

"I am a love albatross!"

That's an ace episode. The bit where they're at the sex shop and Ritchie stays at the door and the guy asks him if he wants anything and Ritchie berates him for suggesting there is something wrong with his sex life.

"Will get out my shop then sir?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"...it's a secret!"

Guest haigyman

no matter how you art it up Eddie, it's still a "jazz" mag

Bottom fucking rules, favourite episode is the one where they camp out and they keep thinking they're going to get attacked by wombles.

Gas is brilliant... so many great lines.

- We don't use gas.

- Well, how do you keep the place warm?

- Err.... We make love! err! Not together, on our own!

- You can't leave!

- Why not?

- ...Baecause I love you!

Great scene where eddie accidently destroys the welsh dresser, then puts on plate on it and says "noone would ever know".

Bottom is class.

That's an ace episode. The bit where they're at the sex shop and Ritchie stays at the door and the guy asks him if he wants anything and Ritchie berates him for suggesting there is something wrong with his sex life.

"Will get out my shop then sir?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"...it's a secret!"

That's a great episode... I love when richie is getting the condoms...

Richie - Right, one union jack cheese n onion tickler... Bagsy first go with it eddie.

Eddie - No Ritchie! Get two...

Richie - Rrrr! Wildman!

Guest Scorge Spike

Oh, here's a thread I could waste hours on.......

Best episode for my salt is still the final one (Carnival) where they obtain the blackmail tape of the prime minister and end up being gunned down.

I possess all 18 episodes of the series, and I've got the first three live shows (the two after were quite poor - I did see the fifth one in Glasgow last year). Much hilarity to be had.

(Eddie opens the front door)

Eddie: Charming evening your ma-a-a-a-am. Give us your coat!

Woman: What're you doing?

Eddie: I'm just taking your coat.

Woman: Well I don't want you to take my coat.

Eddie: Listen buster! I'm under strict instructions to not let anyone in with their coats on.

(A struggle ensues, with many punches!)

Eddie: Look, do you wanna come in or not?

Woman: No I don't. I'm collecting for the needy. THIS is for victims of domestic violence!

(Eddie takes the charity tin)

Eddie: Ta very much.

(Knocks her down the stairs with a mallet)

Genius.

Guest tv tanned

The camping one is brilliant.

Lying in the tent.

Richey: "Eddie, I think there's something outside"

Eddie: "Well of course there's something outside, you can't expect the universe and its entire contents to be contained within the confines of a small tent!"

I may watch my videos tonight after this welcome nostalgia trip!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Fucking great show. Don't think my fave's been mentioned yet, the one where Eddie's forging money and they go on and do the quiz night, paying the entrance fee with teeth. Eddie ends up knocking Richie's skull off the bar about 25 times to get his gold teeth out and then whacks a bottle off his face. As if that wasn't enough, and by the Christ I think it is, Eddie then smacks Richie AGAIN in the teeth to make him speak properly again. I'm actually laughing typing this! Fantastic stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
This is ART professor...cunt

(not birdman)

I take it you're not calling me a cunt, thinking that I've wrongly quoted the Bottom Live 2 video where they are performing to a bunch of students in Cambridge, and when Richey says "What are we going to do?" one of them shouts "Have a wank" and, it being Cambridge, Richey retorts "ooooh, 'ave a wank PROFESSOR!"?

Apologies if I'm being a little bit paranoid, or any slight misquoting... it has been about 10 years since I saw said video.

heh no I was quoting bottom. I think its the shit, ripped Nolans picture he says "Colleens......Paddy....Oh who cares about your names, its the jugs that count!! I'm in the mood for some red hot ram attach action.....oooh.....ouch.....I shouldn't have eaten the contents of the slop bucket!" - Bottom live 2 best live video by far! 5 is quite good but its a bit Over the Top

(not birdman)

Oh yeah and the Knob Gag Bermuda triangle of Live 3 is great too