aberdeen-music

Guitar Advice

Craig B

Don't give it up' date=' my mum told me that when i was 11 and, but now may i say thank you mother for your advice?

Oh and treat your guitar like a woman...[/quote']

I was told that when I was 11 as well......!!

That was 38 years ago... :help:

But thanks for the advise I wont give it up.

as for treating a guitar like a woman....if I treated them like I treat my wife :moody: they would have walked out on me years ago.

Make sure your strap is attached properly. One time my one came off the guitar at the bottom peg and the other end hit me in the head. Machine heads hurt.

Even if you think your guitar is poop make sure you have quality cables.

Join a band. Anyone who thinks they're not as good as they reckon they should be, or could be, should join a band. Or if that's not really an option, just playing music with other people will help you improve. If you're in a band it will MAKE you want to be better.

Don't learn from text books. They WILL bore you. The best way to learn is from other people.

I s'pose that's all i can say I reckon.

The word is practice. No matter how bad you feel towards it, just keep in at it at every opportunity and the rest will come naturally, depending on what you want to learn. Don't be disheartened by the first few months though, like I was, you just have to keep working at it. I'd also recommend at least knowing some basic theory- even with the stigma people seem to attatch to it, it helped me a lot. Good luck with it. :up: