aberdeen-music

band aid 20

Stripey

Have you heard band aid 20 yet? Will you be buying a copy?

yep I'll probably buy it for charidee but I'm disappointed that this is going to wipe away the memory of the origiinal which was a great single of its time. I was disappointed that Midge and Sir Bob chose to be a part of it. I watched the documentary on the making of the original single the other night and it was a great achievement., this one seems like a bad idea because 20 years ago they used vocalists who could sing, this time they don't have time to correct the wailing of those who can't sing.

Cheers

Stuart

yep I'll probably buy it for charidee but I'm disappointed that this is going to wipe away the memory of the origiinal which was a great single of its time. I was disappointed that Midge and Sir Bob chose to be a part of it. I watched the documentary on the making of the original single the other night and it was a great achievement.' date=' this one seems like a bad idea because 20 years ago they used vocalists who could sing, this time they don't have time to correct the wailing of those who can't sing.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

i dont think it would wipe away the "great" memories of the first, it can't be any worse than band aid 2

Its really weird, especially the ending with the strange solo in the background. It would be quite cool if they did another live aid, wont happen though.

The Dizzee Rascal rap is defenitely the highlight

"Spare a thought this yuletide for the deprived, if the table was turned would you survive,

You ain't gotta feel guilt just selfless, give a little help to the helpless"

Legend

Band Aid 20 are -

Thom Yorke - piano

Jonny Greenwood - lead guitar

Fran Healy - acoustic guitar

Danny Goffey - drums

Paul McCartney - bass

fuck, they should have just let thom sing it himself - would have made it a much more worthwhile version of the song!

everyone in it in general: -

Robbie Williams

Dizzee Rascal

Justin Hawkins (The Darkness)

Dan Hawkins (The Darkness)

Ed Graham (The Darkness)

Frankie Poullain (The Darkness)

Dido

Madonna

Chris Martin (Coldplay)

Paul McCartney

Thom Yorke (Radiohead)

Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead)

Jamelia

Fran Healy (Travis)

Dougie Payne (Travis)

Neil Primrose (Travis)

Andy Dunlop (Travis)

Beverley Knight

Keisha Buchanan (The Sugababes)

Mutya Buena (The Sugababes)

Heidi Range (The Sugababes)

Mattie Jay (Busted)

James Bourne (Busted)

Charlie Simpson (Busted)

Midge Ure

John Quinn (Snow Patrol)

Richard Colburn (Snow Patrol)

Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol)

Mark McClell (Snow Patrol)

Tom Chaplin (Keane)

Richard Hughes (Keane)

Tim Rice-Oxley (Keane)

Lemar

Bono (U2)

The Edge (U2)

Bob Geldof

Katie Melua

Grant Nichols (Feeder)

Joss Stone

Ms Dynamite

Natasha Bedingfield

Daniel Bedingfield

Shaznay Lewis

Neil Hannon

Rachel Stevens

Tim Wheeler (Ash)

Will Young

Connor Deasy (The Thrills)

Daniel Ryan (The Thrills)

Ben Carrigan (The Thrills)

Padraic MacMahon (The Thrills)

Kevin Horan (The Thrills)

Roisin Murphy (Moloko)

Skye (Morcheeba)

Danny Goffey (Supergrass)

Damon Albarn (Blur) (serving tea)

Guest Scorge Spike
Band Aid 20 are -

Robbie Williams

Dizzee Rascal

Justin Hawkins (The Darkness)

Dan Hawkins (The Darkness)

Ed Graham (The Darkness)

Frankie Poullain (The Darkness)

Dido

Madonna

Chris Martin (Coldplay)

Paul McCartney

Thom Yorke (Radiohead)

Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead)

Jamelia

Fran Healy (Travis)

Dougie Payne (Travis)

Neil Primrose (Travis)

Andy Dunlop (Travis)

Beverley Knight

Keisha Buchanan (The Sugababes)

Mutya Buena (The Sugababes)

Heidi Range (The Sugababes)

Mattie Jay (Busted)

James Bourne (Busted)

Charlie Simpson (Busted)

Midge Ure

John Quinn (Snow Patrol)

Richard Colburn (Snow Patrol)

Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol)

Mark McClell (Snow Patrol)

Tom Chaplin (Keane)

Richard Hughes (Keane)

Tim Rice-Oxley (Keane)

Lemar

Bono (U2)

The Edge (U2)

Bob Geldof

Katie Melua

Grant Nichols (Feeder)

Joss Stone

Ms Dynamite

Natasha Bedingfield

Daniel Bedingfield

Shaznay Lewis

Neil Hannon

Rachel Stevens

Tim Wheeler (Ash)

Will Young

Connor Deasy (The Thrills)

Daniel Ryan (The Thrills)

Ben Carrigan (The Thrills)

Padraic MacMahon (The Thrills)

Kevin Horan (The Thrills)

Roisin Murphy (Moloko)

Skye (Morcheeba)

Danny Goffey (Supergrass)

Damon Albarn (Blur) (serving tea)

That would be a great room to drop a bomb on. :D

Guest Main Agent

Fuck Me,

That list of artists is like the roster for the national lotterey slot,

Fucking talentless egotistic nonentities(apart from Paul Mac, who should donate most of his personal cash, as an act of altruism, which is probably a greater amount than the first Live Aid generated anyway).

:(:(:(

Its really weird' date=' especially the ending with the strange solo in the background. It would be quite cool if they did another live aid, wont happen though.

The Dizzee Rascal rap is defenitely the highlight

"Spare a thought this yuletide for the deprived, if the table was turned would you survive,

You ain't gotta feel guilt just selfless, give a little help to the helpless"

Legend[/quote']

that part is amazing !

most television channels are going to show it simultaneously tonight' date=' at 5:50pm according to BBC News[/quote']

at first i didn't know this and assumed that the telly was broken. i thought to myself, surely it wouldn't be deemed important enough to take up every channel? i mean seriously, what was the last thing that was? at best this is a christmas charity single masquerading as some important life changing event that the orginial band aid apparently was. i mean, mr blobby was a charity single and i don't remember that deserving so much exclusive air time. all this is is another attempt at music industry back slapping as to how great they all are, much like that nauseating hall of fame finale was on sunday. it's just because its for charity that we are supposed to buy into it.

i will not buy this single - i can think of better ways of donating to charity than spending 2.99 in the christmas rush on this cringe-inducing drivel.

Guest Laura@TMB
heard it - it is pish of the highest order.

Have to agree with you there Bob, and suffice to say, I will not be buying the single. I'll just continue purchasing the bulk of my wardrobe from Oxfam shops to make my donation to the cause thankyou!!

Guest onlynik

Christ, I've just heard that song, it probably the worst every rendition of it. How to ruin a song, looking at the original line up, there were loads of well known artists, and most of them are still around today, in twenty years time I don't think the same would be said about this current shower

Guest Bob Double Jack

Suffice to say, Double Jack will be doing the definitive version of this song at The Tilted Wig on 18th December 2004, and at Rockin for Kids at The Forum next week in protest.

i heard it this morning for the first time, and i think its quite good, better than the origional. The first one may have had lots of big names but they're all crap. And its stupid to think that dontaing a few pennys to some little charity is abetter way of helping people. Buying this single is the most guaranteed way of the money actually making a difference

i bought the original and best version all those years ago, but this time I think I'll cut out the middle men and just send the money straight to the sudanese ministry of genocide so they can buy some shiny new tanks, just like the ethiopian government did with the original band aid money.