aberdeen-music

Michael Marra & La Reno Amps @ The Santuary Queens Cross Church

chilli

thats right folks The Santuary Queens Cross Church makes its debut on Aberdeen Music

message board.

interesting music promotions are exceedingly happy about bringing an evenings entertainment in a magical & unusual venue.

Sat 27th Nov 04

Doors 7.30pm start 8.00pm

Tickets 10 from the box office @ The Music Hall

featuring the very wonderful

Michael Marra (playing the in-house grand piano)

(i could list a page of credits for him, but anybody that duets with Patti Smith @

the inaugural Burns festival a year and a half ago, must be the business.........believe me)

& Le Reno Amps

a duo with quick wit & songs to match, that are of genuine charm & humour, at times

described as alt country meets acoustic punk. They defected to Glasgow to come all the way home & end up in the LISTS 50 new talents. Watch them go upward in 2005

• 2 weeks later...

That was a great night - I'm not a fan of churches but twas a very nice venue, lovely acoustics and two acts that seemed to fit together much more than I reckoned they would...

M Marra is the Dundonion Half Man Half Waits!

After leaving the church we saw some jazz band covering Teen Spirit in a coffee shop.

Dave

PS just a pity MM didnt do "God is in the house" or would that have been cheesy....