aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Geniuses

jester1470

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a talented guitarist knows that sometimes a little goes a long way. you don't have to play fast' date=' you don't have to know a million different types of mental scales and you don't have to be play solo's for two hours to be a good guitarist.[/quote']

I believe a talented guitarist is an original guitarist. Steve Vai is very original. To say his music lacks emotion, christ, watch him live. He doesn't just 'play fast,' he is an immensely interesting musician who can create abseolutely anything on guitar, seemingly without boundaries to what he can do, or the atmosphere he can create. If you want to see dumb-fast playing go download a Jason Becker live video. (seriously, do this, its funny).

Simpler guitarists can be cool too, but often simple guitar lines always have the potential to be much cooler.

Now really... lol :moody:

Mr Hendrix took guitar playing to a totally new level' date=' and was the first to do so. The reason all the other guitarists don't have anything on Hendrix (tho some may be, technically, more proficient), is solely because he brought guitar playing forward on such a massive scale. Nobody has brought guitar further forward as significantly as Hendrix did.

[/quote']

*ahem... Jimmy Page ahem* ;) Hendrix was good, but he really wasn't the guitar monster which everyone makes him out to be. Just because you're the first, it really doesn't neccesarily mean you're the best.

Ahhh... I see. You're just jealous cos you're not a scenie.

Feeble remark from a true scenie!

Hooray!

But actually being Jealous of anything requires the need to admire something superior does it not?

Technically If I were the jealous type I should be be worried about talented fuckers like AKATF, SIDCA, Mart and Steve Corps*, whose music all blows me away and I kinda wish I was involved in stuff like that. However, I get inspired by said ''geniuses'' and actually think theres life in this shithole despite the local obsession with bands who just wanna be famous and loved like Busted

Its the scenies in the directionless copy bands who seem to do all worring bitching and crying as far as I can see....and rightly so cos theres some fucking great new music coming through that makes you all look very shit

*theres three others too but I need to see em live to be sure they are as fantastic as I think they are

ps ...whats with the Nirvana looky likey angel logo that has no penis? In fact it seems to have a fanny!

Feeble remark from a true scenie!

Hooray!

But actually being Jealous of anything requires the need to admire something superior does it not?

Technically If I were the jealous type I should be be worried about talented fuckers like AKATF' date=' SIDCA, Mart and Steve Corps*, whose music all blows me away and I kinda wish I was involved in stuff like that. However, I get inspired by said ''geniuses'' and actually think theres life in this shithole despite the local obsession with bands who just wanna be famous and loved like Busted

Its the scenies in the directionless copy bands who seem to do all worring bitching and crying as far as I can see....and rightly so cos theres some fucking great new music coming through that makes you all look very shit

*theres three others too but I need to see em live to be sure they are as fantastic as I think they are

ps ...whats with the Nirvana looky likey angel logo that has no penis? In fact it seems to have a fanny![/quote']

Feeble remark from a true jealous cunt!

So then betamax...what EXACTLY makes me a scenie? Tell me.

Is it because I post on here? Cos that would make you a scenie too...

Or is it because MMW are only popular and only care about the Aberdeen scene?

Well it can't be, as we're playing a gig in Glasgow QMU tonight. The third time we've played Glasgow recently. We also have a tour of England planned for January.

Or is it because people in Aberdeen and people who post on here ACTUALLY like my band but not yours? Oooh, now there's food for thought.

Hahaha, I bet you'll take that comment as though I was being serious.

"Its the scenies in the directionless copy bands who seem to do all worring bitching and crying as far as I can see"

If that's a reference to MMW then justify it... who are we trying to copy? And when exactly did I bitch and cry? And directionless?! You know about as much about my band, as I know about the funny looking warts on your mother's semen-encrusted genitalia.

"theres some fucking great new music coming through that makes you all look very shit"

Fortunately for me that's just your opinion. Unfortunately for you it's a pretty rubbish one.

Let's just face it. You fancied being the pissy whiny little bitch, and as soon as someone in MMW posted a comment on the same thread as you, you thought you'd have a go. If I was a true scenie then I would give a shit, but as my life doesn't revolve around calling my fellow bandmates genius' on this website I think I'll just move on and get on with some work. Thank you very much.

love Dan x

p.s. The word on the street is that angels don't actually have penis's. Grab a pair of wings mate and you're guaranteed to get in to heaven...

I believe a talented guitarist is an original guitarist. Steve Vai is very original. To say his music lacks emotion' date=' christ, watch him live. He doesn't just 'play fast,' he is an immensely interesting musician who can create abseolutely anything on guitar, seemingly without boundaries to what he can do, or the atmosphere he can create. If you want to see dumb-fast playing go download a Jason Becker live video. (seriously, do this, its funny).

Simpler guitarists can be cool too, but often simple guitar lines always have the potential to be much cooler.[/quote']

i have seen a video of both vai and satriani and i came to the conclusion they both sucked balls.

Feeble remark from a true jealous cunt!

So then betamax...what EXACTLY makes me a scenie? Tell me.

Is it because I post on here? Cos that would make you a scenie too...

Or is it because MMW are only popular and only care about the Aberdeen scene?

Well it can't be' date=' as we're playing a gig in Glasgow QMU tonight. The third time we've played Glasgow recently. We also have a tour of England planned for January.

Or is it because people in Aberdeen and people who post on here ACTUALLY like my band but not yours? Oooh, now there's food for thought.

Hahaha, I bet you'll take that comment as though I was being serious.

[i']"Its the scenies in the directionless copy bands who seem to do all worring bitching and crying as far as I can see"

If that's a reference to MMW then justify it... who are we trying to copy? And when exactly did I bitch and cry? And directionless?! You know about as much about my band, as I know about the funny looking warts on your mother's semen-encrusted genitalia.

"theres some fucking great new music coming through that makes you all look very shit"

Fortunately for me that's just your opinion. Unfortunately for you it's a pretty rubbish one.

Let's just face it. You fancied being the pissy whiny little bitch, and as soon as someone in MMW posted a comment on the same thread as you, you thought you'd have a go. If I was a true scenie then I would give a shit, but as my life doesn't revolve around calling my fellow bandmates genius' on this website I think I'll just move on and get on with some work. Thank you very much.

love Dan x

p.s. The word on the street is that angels don't actually have penis's. Grab a pair of wings mate and you're guaranteed to get in to heaven...

erm, why are justifying your band to me????

cos I used that incredibly offensive word ''hairdressers'' in the same sentance as mmw

I dont care about bands like yours or most others in the Aberdeen scene (or any scene) so dont worry about it

but if you just want to be offensive from the safety of you boxroom (which you are going out of your way to be) then I cant be arsed with that either as thats all a bit sad really and ruins what should be a decent forum

big hugs and kisses

S

i think satriani and vai suck big mommas baws. i don't think they're talented guitarists at all. a talented guitarist knows that sometimes a little goes a long way. you don't have to play fast' date=' you don't have to know a million different types of mental scales and you don't have to be play solo's for two hours to be a good guitarist. what makes a talented guitarist is know exactly what will make the song better and what will fit the atmosphere and tone of the piece they're playing. whilst there's no doubting the technical ability of vai, satriani et all i think that everything they do is far too surgical and lacks any real emotion. it's like getting an architecht to draw a portrait, they'd be out with the slide rule when it really needs colour and feeling.

i'm not saying you can't be a technically brilliant guitarist and play with feeling, just that i think vai and satriani are shit. :)[/quote']

Bad Horsie by Steve Vai.

Listen to more of their songs before you say anything!! Granted they are hard to play, and it seems like it's too surgical but it really is a matter of opinion which we seem to disagree on!

For example, Oasis to me, consists of a crap sounding drone with chord stumming over and over and with a singer whose voice wants ot make you bomb Manchester. That my opinion, I would much rather have some fucking cool guitar melodys riffs and solos thanks!! PS. Always with me, Always With You by Satriani....

I believe a talented guitarist is an original guitarist. Steve Vai is very original. To say his music lacks emotion' date=' christ, watch him live. He doesn't just 'play fast,' he is an immensely interesting musician who can create abseolutely anything on guitar, seemingly without boundaries to what he can do, or the atmosphere he can create. If you want to see dumb-fast playing go download a Jason Becker live video. (seriously, do this, its funny).

Simpler guitarists can be cool too, but often simple guitar lines always have the potential to be much cooler.[/quote']

quite quite true indeed. There are plenty of guitarists that play fast for that simple novelty alone (Beck, Batio, and often Malmsteen - although he has some cool shit, its alot of widdle!)

However, Vai and Satch don't quite fall into this category. Watch the G3 Live in Denver DVD and I think you'll see my point.

Guest My Mind's Weapon

cos I used that incredibly offensive word ''hairdressers'' in the same sentance as mmw

I dont care about bands like yours or most others in the Aberdeen scene (or any scene) so dont worry about it

big hugs and kisses

S

Awesome stuff this.

We know we have great hair. Thanks for just re-affirming that to us. Its human nature that the fact that you pick up on things like that will only make a person feel better. Its like when we get called "eye candy" or "pretty boys," we actually like that so keep on that tack. Its nice.

Secondly, "I dont care about bands like yours or most others in the Aberdeen scene (or any scene) so dont worry about it."

Really? Well thats at least an hour of typing accross this thread and the "next big aberdeen band" one that that you have spent on MMW. If thats not caring then i'd love to be cared about by you. It would be great press.

The thing that people like you CONSTANTLY fail to realise (even after numerous statements from me making this point) is that you are only doing us good. All press is good press. Your comments and popshots are only making people want to see what the fuss is about. I have to say that myself, personally have had so many people in the last few months come up to me after a show and state that they came because of whats been said about us by people like you. A few of them have even became regular MMW gig goers and have bought the cd. keep it up.

Big Hugs and Kisses right back at you because you have done so much for us.

Oh and you are welcome over to mine anytime for a MMW fashionXcore makeover...

mmmmmmwah xbenx

erm' date=' why are justifying your band to me????

[/quote']

I wasn't justifying my band, I was pointing out reasons why we are not scenies.

Of course you failed to answer any of my questions regarding why we are...

".....then I cant be arsed with that either as thats all a bit sad really and ruins what should be a decent forum"

Says the man who started slagging off me and my band for NO REASON AT ALL. A tad hypocritical, I think.

Awesome stuff this.

We know we have great hair. Thanks for just re-affirming that to us. Its human nature that the fact that you pick up on things like that will only make a person feel better. Its like when we get called "eye candy" or "pretty boys' date='" we actually like that so keep on that tack. Its nice.

Secondly, "I dont care about bands like yours or most others in the Aberdeen scene (or any scene) so dont worry about it."

Really? Well thats at least an hour of typing accross this thread and the "next big aberdeen band" one that that you have spent on MMW. If thats not caring then i'd love to be cared about by you. It would be great press.

The thing that people like you CONSTANTLY fail to realise (even after numerous statements from me making this point) is that you are only doing us good. All press is good press. Your comments and popshots are only making people want to see what the fuss is about. I have to say that myself, personally have had so many people in the last few months come up to me after a show and state that they came because of whats been said about us by people like you. A few of them have even became regular MMW gig goers and have bought the cd. keep it up.

Big Hugs and Kisses right back at you because you have done so much for us.

Oh and you are welcome over to mine anytime for a MMW fashionXcore makeover...

mmmmmmwah xbenx[/quote']

I think the error of judgement your colleage made was to assume I was ''slagging off'' your pop group. I have an opinion of said band in the 2 seconds thought Ive actually given to the subject and its not neccessarily bad (as assumed). My two second throwaway remarks were actually true as you acknowledge. You want to be liked/ you consider hairdoos important. So Im intuitive then!

Cant really disagree with anything your saying either as I also recognise the link between hairdoos and rocknroll.

But dont get carried away chaps, Al Masamune is by far the handsome-est of them all and Sandy Galloway easily the prettiest !!!

*whispers* but did you know that message boards are not really press...... ;)

Thats weird.... I thought I wrote a reply... maybe it'll appear twice in a creepy way.

1) Al Masamune = Hot stuff. Simple fact. Thighsy.

2) I like MMW.... and I love MMW's hair... they know this, or at least Ben does. I asked who his hairdresser was, he told me... and I'm booking an appointment soon. Betamax will kill me.

Chivers is a hotsy hot hot hotsy... oh baby... yeah.

... I get the feeling that will get me into trouble.

PS: Brutes rule.

Rachel from Norman's Fettish known as Porter on this forum has awesome musical intelligence. That's different from genius though. She can play guitar, bass, drums, and keyboard all to a high standard. Has an amazing voice, and writes fantastic material.

The only person I know that's been breathed on by genius though is Keilan303. Seriously.

New Scientist recently reported that it's possible to identify people that have been touched by genius because they have double crowns. Apparently if your crown grows clockwise you are right handed, and anti clockwise you are left handed. A double crown indicates a degree of ambidextorousness however it's spelt. But more interestingly it also reveals things about brain dominance. See genius has little or nothing to do with intelligence. It's possible to have a low IQ but still be touched by genius. Likewise very few people with high IQs are technically geniuses. Geniuses are people that use both left and right brain to think. They actually think differently and apply a more lateral (sideways) thought process.

Keilan has a slight double crown thing happening, and from working with him, in the IT world I've observed that he's very much a lateral thinker. Because like Rachel his musical intelligence is very high, in that he can play several instrument, sing, compose and is also a decent engineer, the genius thing also makes itself evident here. You can hear him do some amazing things when he's playing guitar. We caught a lot of this on the recent live recording.

Anyhow I guess everyone wants a little time to check out the back of their head in the mirror LOL.

Guest Mr Blastcap

Selling Carpets On Bell-end Street

who are mmw? what is dan mmw? why did they get banned for a string of funny letters?

this thread is all rotton and full of puss like one of those rubbish entombed copy bands from newcastle. this discussion is pish any how.

who are mmw? what is dan mmw? why did they get banned for a string of funny letters?

this thread is all rotton and full of puss like one of those rubbish entombed copy bands from newcastle. this discussion is pish any how.

Last time I said something like that, there was a 4 page thread about how naughty I am. Slap my wrist :up: