aberdeen-music

"Aberdonian metal band bring their much-hyped hardcore sound to the Queen Margaret Un

Guest My Mind's Weapon

Guest stuartmaxwell

rockers is a decent venue, it just tends to have a hit and miss sound and lots of underagers

qmu are quite anal about things esp if you dont have picture id. they make bands sign in and out of the building. they seem to dissapprove of climbing up the PA stack too :s

Guest neil ex

i fell over in the qmu recently. it wasn't my fault though, there was beer all over the floor. that's why i didn't like the qmu that much, too much beer on the floor. also there was a guy there who annoyed me, trying to look cool. i saw him the next night in the barfly, trying to look cool again.

it was actually quite cool though.

The Gloria Flaw played at the QMU and the sound was gash, the sound guys didn't seem bothered at all about how any of the bands sounded. Soundchecks kept getting delayed due to complaints about the noise, and even though the gig was advertised as 14+ (and tickets sold in advance to people over 14) the bouncers refused to let anyone in under the age of 18... so the other bands took in about 30 under agers through the back door and gave them wrist bands that only bands had... bouncers must've thought there was about 20 bands playing, there wasn't, there was 7... or 8? i think? anyhoo...

oi! you lot! quit wi' your fucking pishing and moaning!!!

the QM is like my second home at the moment and if you dont fucking like it piss off and dont bother coming back, we dont want you!!!:p

on a brighter note, thursday will be ace, and regardless of whether the sound is pish or amazing im gonna fucking love it!

screw you guys im going.......to the QM!

ps. ben's hair is always lovely :)

Guest stuartmaxwell

have i upset the aileen + mmw camp in some way?

i always detect a hint of something...

just wondering....

is it because im in guts on fire of north east scotland and they dont like neil ex?

is it because i sent a pm to them saying how much i liked one of their songs and then didnt like the rest of their stuff and said so online?

is it because i am "a cunt online" and they dont like me?

is it because i like poking fun at people?

hmmmm

maxi! what are you like?

just always seems like whenever people try to promote a gig, drag in a decent crowd so theyre not just playing to the sound man, everyone is way too quick to be really really negative, be it about the band, the venue or the gig as a whole.

why not just say, "well done for getting the gig, have a good one!"

i wish the world was a smilier happier place!!!

just always seems like whenever people try to promote a gig' date=' drag in a decent crowd so theyre not just playing to the sound man, everyone is way too quick to be really really negative, be it about the band, the venue or the gig as a whole.

why not just say, "well done for getting the gig, have a good one!"

[/quote']

But it also shows some interesting discussion - for instance, say I'm booking a tour for a band and QMU are interested..i now know that there's dislike of the venue from two people who i respect - and so i'd be likely to take those views into account. It's also helping weapon if you think about it - if they're prepared to be fucked around, then they can handle it - instead of having it jump on them unexpectedly.

the world would be a boring, small minded place if everyone just slapped each other on the back.

But it also shows some interesting discussion - for instance' date=' say I'm booking a tour for a band and QMU are interested..i now know that there's dislike of the venue from two people who i respect - and so i'd be likely to take those views into account. It's also helping weapon if you think about it - if they're prepared to be fucked around, then they can handle it - instead of having it jump on them unexpectedly.

the world would be a boring, small minded place if everyone just slapped each other on the back.[/quote']

fair enough!

maybe everyone else can continue to be negative then and ill just bounce around in my abnormally happy and perhaps a little naive state!!!

all i can say is, having spent quite a considerable amount of time in the QMU over the past few years, i think it is an awesome place and im really looking forward to tonight! any glasgow people on here, hopefully see you there :)

I think the QM is ace. Good as both a club and as a venue. I've seen Dashboard Confessional, the NME tour and Jimmy Eat World there,to mention but a few, as well as some of their local band nights like tonight, and i've thought the sound and atmosphere have been fantastic every time. And Dominic Diamond goes to gigs there, so if it's good enough for him.... ;)

Charlotte x

I've played the QM, it's a nice venue.... don't get me wrong. But they soundcheck you.... then completely disregard what you did at sound check when you go on.

That was when we had split lead vocals... I do believe that we couldnt hear the synths at all.... and My voice was also really quiet.... so really I couldnt be heard (maybe they were trying to tell me something) yet.... 70% of the lights were on me....

I felt a bit weird.... so many lights.... so little sound.

Would be ace though.... If they got the damn sound right.