aberdeen-music

MOUNTAIN MEN ANONYMOUS, REASON IS RED & POLITIK WED 24TH NOV

Dizzy Storm

MOUNTAIN MEN ANONYMOUS www.mountainmenanonymous.com

The music of Mountain Men Anonymous is an intense wall of distorted noise - equal parts beauty and brutality.

John, Sam and Adam (all rejoicing in the surname Anonymous) create truly terrifying instrumentals, finding crescendos well after you think theyve gone as mind-crushingly high as they possibly can. Yet amid all the fury, there is an undeniable element of delicacy.

Following the runaway success of their album Krkonose released earlier this year on the My Kung Fu label, they take to the road this Winter to preview brand new tracks due for release in 2005, with many UK venues welcoming them again for a repeat dose of post-mental guitar and drums battery.

'one of the most spectacularly beautiful records of the year so far With this (Krkonose) record MMA will see themselves promoted to the post-rock premiership8 / 10' Rock Sound

Krkonose 'A suitably mountainous sound, KKKK' Kerrang

they take dynamite to dynamics with a rare brilliance. NME

the kind of band who prompt that little flip of the stomach when your head and body realise together that what they are experiencing is near-greatness. Big Issue Cymru

with local support from POLITIK & REASON IS RED (ex Gloria Flaw)

WED 24TH NOV

8PM

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell

yet another awesome awesome band that people will not go and see

must be fucking heartbreaking for shazza and jim

they bust their gut to put on new and exciting acts, yet nobody goes to see em.

i would be there in a second i wasnt stuck down here

two awesome support acts too

good gig

Im gonna be there for this, havent heard much about mountain men but from your description sounds like its gonna be class. Looking forward to hearing reason is red aswell cause missed them at moorings the other week (did they play under another name?).

politik are a bunch of jerks and i will stand there with my back turned the other way when they are on (only kidding) cant wait to see them as normal.

Well...

yet another awesome awesome band that people will not go and see

must be fucking heartbreaking for shazza and jim

they bust their gut to put on new and exciting acts' date=' yet nobody goes to see em.

i would be there in a second i wasnt stuck down here

two awesome support acts too

good gig[/quote']

More often than not it does break our hearts, in a not too terribly sad way. This is not due to the finances but due to the fact that people miss out on seeing some great and varied acts that we know they'd love. We do also understand that not 'all the people can go out all the nights' (deliberate bad grammar). Just too bloody expensive these days. So we appreciate why gigs can be under attended. It was expensive when I went to see as many gigs as I could and that was about ten/twelve/fifteen/twenty years ago, damned expensive! But what the hell! At least we get to witness a wonderful performance in a 'big flat with an ace sounding giant stereo, stage and lotsa booze'. It seems we like living on the edge! I will say that there are gigs we book that we know will be quite, the first time!!!!

We are used to it, but it is nice that people notice. :up:

Guest neil ex
He does seem to be ranting on quite a bit recently... Probably just needs a good shagging.

I think his recent drunken 'groping' experience with a glaswegian male taxi driver has had more of an effect on Maxwell than his lack of female attention and a deserved good shag. Is he still wearing that pink t-shirt? Maybe if he sorts out his 'suspect' fringe and gets a new t-shirt he might get a bit more action under the sheets and not just a clumsy ******* in a garden. ooh la la ;)

He's going to kick my ass for that... :help:

anyway, sounds like a good gig!

More often than not it does break our hearts' date=' in a not too terribly sad way. This is not due to the finances but due to the fact that people do miss out on seeing some great and varied acts that we know they'd love. We do also understand that not 'all the people can go out all the nights' (deliberate bad grammar). Just too bloody expensive these days. So we appreciate why gigs can be under attended. It was expensive when I went to see as many gigs as I could and that was about ten/twelve/fifteen/twenty years ago, damned expensive! But what the hell! At least we get to witness a wonderful performance in a 'big flat with an ace sounding giant stereo, stage and lotsa booze'. It seems we like living on the edge! I will say that there are gigs we book that we know will be quite, the first time!!!!

We are used to it, but it is nice that people notice. :up:[/quote']

Agree with all you say & November Drakes programme has been particularly strong, however too many great gigs maybe can dilute your customer base for each one. Mountain Men Anon were superb last time so i have chosen to skip tonight & Sat in favour.

anyhow for this auld bod its about pacing myself with gigs

Piney Gir... ah yes... the girl... I have to say she is lush to look at but I wasn't too impressed when I saw them in London.

However... the 24th... Finance depending... I'm there. I don't have band practise on wednesday for once. Woop!