aberdeen-music

Pig Destroyer!!!!!

Guest Nikola Tesla

Guest Nikola Tesla

The glasgow gig was absolutly immense:

Narcosis: great high speed technical/complex grind, who have become one of my favourite British bands now having finaly seen them live.

Halo were really cool in a differant way, lots of bass feedback screamed vox, walls of noise and tribal drum patterns all played at a crawling pace... quite reminicant of Godflesh in some parts which in my book is a good thing.

Total Fucking Destruction bored me to fuck, i thought they were nothing special at all.

Pig Destroyer on the other hand tore the place apart. They played a class set with songs from Prowler, Terrifyer and the earlier releases. Personal fav was when they played naked trees and thumb sucker :up:

i still can't believ it. I am holding a ticket signed by JR Hayes in my hands.

Narcosis fucking blew the place apart. Probably the best sound of the night, and well, they're just fucking amazing.

Halo were pretty fucking ace. Khanate style doom interlaced with harsh, electronic noise for a truly doomy experience.

I didn't like Total Fucking Destruction much at all either. Apart form the drummer's face when he was screaming.

Pig Destroyer. fuck. Pig Destroyer. Cheerleader Corpses, Pretty in Casts, Gravedancer, Starbelly.....oooh, fuck. even a Dwarves - Fuck You Up and Get You High cover. turly un-0fucking-believable. YAS!

that was thewir first time in the UK, here's hoping for another time in a few years. YAS!

Narcosis were ok i guess! Hehe. Halo owned their sound was so powerfull it gripped you and took hold of you!

Total fucking destruction were shit, that drummer is nothing more than a americanised kiss wannabe fucker, i really wanted to kick his ass. Way to american and nothing more than a joke band.

Pig destroyer fucking owned, so brutal, so hard. The lead singer has a real bad aura about him, complete physchopath! Or maybe thats just show...........

I'm still finding it hard to believe that PxDx were playing last night, it was just so fucking great.

Rather than repeat the good points, there was only two things that tarnished how great the gig was: My not being able to purchase Prowler and Terrifyer cover T-shirt (They were out of XL when I went up), and Total Fucking Destruction.

On the other hand, Halo's two song set was pretty fucking mental, and Narcosis were intimidatingly good, so I guess it balances out.

Hope Pig Destroyer are coming back to the UK soon, maybe even closer to home :ding:

aye, a really great gig, every band blew me away.

i honestly loved TFD, but a lot of what they do and say is pretty confrontational and designed to irritate and piss people off so i'm sure they wont be losing any sleep! personally i rate rich hoak way up there, his drumming on sounds of the animal kingdom is insane, espicially since he comes from a jazz background.notice his snare?

see' date=' i think they sound a lot like filthpact at double speed with a couple of extra vocalists![/quote']

yeah. I would have said they were more tech. alot more like emm, a slower Assuck with different vox. I dunno, maybe I was kinda too hyped in anticipation to see Pig Destroyer. but I really didn't think we were like them.

yeah. I would have said they were more tech. alot more like emm' date=' a slower Assuck with different vox. I dunno, maybe I was kinda too hyped in anticipation to see Pig Destroyer. but I really didn't think we were like them.[/quote']

see, i think they sound nothing like assuck, even slowed down! anyways, it doesnt matter you big poof.

i thought there was no way narcosis would live up to what everyone had been saying, but holy fuck they did.

see' date=' i think they sound nothing like assuck, even slowed down! anyways, it doesnt matter you big poof.

i thought there was no way narcosis would live up to what everyone had been saying, but holy fuck they did.[/quote']

its true. i kiss men.

and fuck, they're ace. hopefully Dave will be able to do it, and they'll visit the 'deen in 2005. how fucking cool!

its true. i kiss men.

and fuck' date=' they're ace. hopefully Dave will be able to do it, and they'll visit the 'deen in 2005. how fucking cool![/quote']

indeed.they were supposed to play the old drakes years back and a load of us turned up only to find their van had died on some motorway miles away if i remember correctly.one of the tightest bands i've ever seen and the vocalist is devastating.would be pretty scary to witness them in the confines of drakes!

indeed.they were supposed to play the old drakes years back and a load of us turned up only to find their van had died on some motorway miles away if i remember correctly.one of the tightest bands i've ever seen and the vocalist is devastating.would be pretty scary to witness them in the confines of drakes!

we've got pics of them in the confines of Dundee's Balcony Bar. Pete is a beast!

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

God, last night was so fucking good, I couldn't actually believe it. Narcosis were every bit as immense as I thought they would be. Absolutely insane. Halo took a little bit of time to get into, but by halfway through they were a hell of a lot better. Very good indeed. TFD were not my cup of tea really...the guitarist was good, but the bassist wasn't great and the vocalist and drummer just irritated me. However, all was good at the arrival of Pig Destroyer, who were absolutely amazing. The vocals were a little quiet, but it was just amazing to see them live. Oh yes.

And Narcosis MUST play up here soon...I beg you!

Guest lime ruined my life

it was a really, really good night. Halo were so intense, I loved it! Their live set seemed to sound more passionate and noisily abrasive than the recorded stuff I have though. They were really cool to watch.

I like scott hull's shiny sweaty arm in your picture, moog. Amphibian limb.

Adele, not lime

it was a really' date=' really good night. Halo were so intense, I loved it! Their live set seemed to sound more passionate and noisily abrasive than the recorded stuff I have though. They were really cool to watch.

I like scott hull's shiny sweaty arm in your picture, moog. Amphibian limb.

Adele, not lime[/quote']

he borrowed my arm for the gig, lizarde power.horribe.

• 4 weeks later...