aberdeen-music

Lkng fr musicians interested in forming indie band

rhmckay

Just fronted the last gig of my old Dundee-based band Doubtful Sound on Friday to a packed Drouthie's in Dundee and sold all the CDs we brought to it. With bassist heading to Australia and rhythm guitarist looking to hang up his curlers and drummer moved to Coatbridge, I'm looking for new musicians to start up a new Aberdeen-based band having moved to Insch, Aberdeenshire myself.

I'm a 25 year old singer/guitarist/songwriter/keyboardist with lots of equipment (1980 Les Paul, Korg Triton, 2.85m x 2m x 2m Esmono soundproof booth ideal for practising and recording, all the necessary computer recording equipment, borrowed drum kit, violin, bass, acoustic guitar, various amps and more) and an interest in basically getting going again with good, commited musicians ASAP, say drummer, bassist, another guitarist, vocalist, and keyboardist.

Influences: Radiohead, Beatles, Muse, Strokes, Doves, Moby, Blur, Jeff Buckley, U2, Suede, Stones, Smashing Pumpkins, Haven, Bob Dylan, The Clash, Smiths, Cast, Keane, Oasis, Counting Crows, Chemical Bros, Franz Ferdinand and more.

pm me if you are seriously interested.

Ruairidh

Yeah sounds good. I am a singer with loads of experience with traditional concerts but haven't done gigs before. Could I audition for your band? Sounds like you are a serious musician, I would like to join a band that is dedicated to doing regular gigs and can challenge my ability. Cheers, jayne

Guest davetherave

Indie band

I'm a guitarist/guitar synth player with similiar music taste to yourself, probably more of a Rhythm than lead player, but I can cope with the odd solo when needed :o) Using the Guitar synth, I can also double up with synth sounds on some songs, if theres a mongolian nose flute or other obscure instrument on a track I can probably sound like it :o)

Cheers,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Just seen your thread and have almost fallen off my seat!!!!!

I'm a guitarist/songwriter with pretty much the same influences as yourself and am looking for some serious musicians to start my new band; hard to describe sound, melodic & rhythmic with a bit of heaviness too!

Songs already written but would welcome input, not reject it!

I used to play for Eskimo Blonde so have plenty live and recording experience like yourself.

Still needing bassist and drummer and would be looking to start asap.

I live not too far away from your neck of the woods, could easily meet up for a jam etc.

Give me a shout if you want to discuss further..........you know it makes sense!!

Cheers,

Yanik.

Frontman

Just picked up on your Insch celebrity status, could be a great asset, Huntly based band Earth are in the market place for a Frontman Keyboard would more also fit in well. The Band are well known all over the area and have bookings already well into next year.Mainly covers with a few originals, if your at all intrested give me a call and I'll arrange a jam with the lads. can forward a few sample tracks if you wish.

Contact colin@dalesmarine.co.uk