aberdeen-music

Thanks for Sat 13th

Guest RockMonkey

Guest RockMonkey

I really enjoyed playing last night, what great improvements have been made! Even the artex on the toilet doors has been removed. although the loo seats are FREEZING!

The sound was great and the crowd and bar staff were really friendly. Thanks to the dark haired fellow who provided me with a bag of ice for my head (yet another accident, this time not alcohol fuelled!)

Thanks again,

Jo

awww ..hope your head feels better today. Think stuart is trying to bump us both us...he brained me yesterday with an ashtray...strange but true lol ;>)

Yeah, thats how i keep the people i manage in line ;)

Vicious lies, tell the truth young woman, i never brained you with an ashtray, it was you who was so busy laughing that for some bizarre reason you hit your head on the ashtray... and what's stranger the ashtray was still on the table !!! And I was nowhere near jo when her accident occured I was still getting out of the car...

It was a great gig, thanks to Flash for having the acoustic acts on, a bit of a risk at the moorings but it worked out quite well i thought, thanks also o Poncho man Cloud for his promotions and highly reluctant door duty (just 5 more minutes and i'll go... ;) ) and of course thanks to the other act Keilan's newly named band Red Medicine, thanks for finishing off the night with a rock/punk flourish.

And Frosty, thought you were coming up to buy me a drink, bad man ;) you were meant to be giving me feedback too ;) see these moderators... *edited to apologise to Frosty who did buy me a drink :p*

Also a thank you for the might Hogfather for coming and for coming incognito so his fans didn't mob the table. 'Hog in a hat' the new Dr Seuss book...

What a great venue, loved it, brilliant sound and a great vibe.

Cheers

Stuart

Aha... you never introduced yourself ;) now I know who you are... :p

Sorry and thanks for the coke' date=' was lovely, never did get my feedback tho ;)

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

hehe... I tend to prefer anonymity. Can't get that mp3 to work I'm afraid. Doesn't matter though, I'll be getting a cd soon enough anyway. I'll be at Drumonds on the 22nd.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night all 3 acts were first class. I think the first cheer for Emma almost knocked her over LOL. Jo worked the crowd really well, my favourite was the song she sang in Romanian. Err wait perhaps that was a Tequila induced hallucination? Romanian???

Mark captured an abundance of workable material on the live recording front, and we'll get on the case this week.

Thanks for helping to dispel the myth that accoustic acts don't work in The Moorings. Some of the most memorable nights we've had have been the more ecletic ones. I still fondly recall the gig with Real Shocks and 48K many moons ago. We would prefer for gigs to more accurately reflect the breadth of choice that exists on our jukebox.

I thought Red Medicine (Inept 303) played a total stomer last night. I've probably seen them more times than anyone bar Delly, and last night they were at the peak of their powers. Chris dragging randoms up to dance was classic... one of those guys was almost a pensioner. Even Keilan jumped down into the pit at one point.

Thanks to Cloud also - you did a great job mate :up:

Jesus I didn't even know he was there! I guess the disguise worked then' date=' certainly saved me from buying him a drink LMAO.[/quote']

yep Hog was sitting next to us from the beginning of Jo's set onwards but he was wearing a tea cost to be nicely inconspicuous ;) I had to double take as he walked in... The man is truly a legend ;) He was in hiding so as not to overshadow the acts, an act of kindness ;)

Cheers

Stuart

I.

I thought Red Medicine (Inept 303) played a total stomer last night. I've probably seen them more times than anyone bar Delly' date=' and last night they were at the peak of their powers. Chris dragging randoms up to dance was classic... one of those guys was almost a pensioner. Even Keilan jumped down into the pit at one point.

Thanks to Cloud also - you did a great job mate :up:[/quote']

Hey I have never thought about it before, I would say there is not been much gigs of keilans I have missed altho i am tonight grrr damn pesky kids.

I think they rawked their pants off last nite well ross did anyway!

Was indeed a very good night. I'd been wanting to see both Emma and Jo for some time, but was unsure how it would be at The Moorings (especially with them on the same bill as Inept 303). Pleased to say they both sounded superb and the audience response was excellent. Emma is a very talented writer, as is Jo, who is also a great performer. Very much enjoyed Inept 303 too, not my musical style, but good to watch. So well done Flash and Cloud for putting on such a varied night.

Jo worked the crowd really well' date=' my favourite was the song she sang in Romanian. Err wait perhaps that was a Tequila induced hallucination? Romanian???

[/quote']

No, I'm sure she definitely did a cracking song in Romanian. Oh hang on, I was on that Tequila as well. God knows then...

Thanks for the sunrises by the way, fantastic.

its a lovely song' date=' prob my favourite from papercuts and lime

which is also a great album[/quote']

Yeah I'm inclined to agreem along with Cave they're my favourites but there really are mixed opinions about what's the best on this album which is good because i think it means more diverse tastes are listening (thats how i want to see it ;) ). 'If I say' and 'confession' also seem to be popular.

http://the-rocker.freeservers.com/nov2004/liam.html

This guy thinks the romanian one is the weak link (great review apart from that though).

Cheers

Stuart