aberdeen-music

Just for ranting

jaimi

I wanted to rant so I have this thingy ma-bobbins

I want to know why element have not been nominated in the fudger awards. I got told its was cos we have been quiet, not true. We have been just as active as ever, we do one gig away from aberdeen and immediatly we are branded inactive. WTF.

Why does abeerdeen suck so bad,. This so called city has a terrible music scene that would rather stab you in the back that help. Unless you are an iron Maden wannabe band you get nowhere. We have had next to no help from the scene, with only a few folks willing to help where we need them. And a big hellfuckingYEAH to them.

Im pissed off. Fed up with the "not what you know, it's who you know" attitude. Yeah so we are a fairly well known band now but what about the new bands that are always arriving on the scene. If they dont fit the "Iron maiden" cat they dont belong.

Open your minds and your hearts to new things other wise its a wasted life your living. Nothing will bite unless you ask it to. And you never know you may like something you thought against previously.

Karma will revenge for me. :swearing:

I agree and disagree.

I do feel its unfair that we havent been up for Metal catagory in the Fudge Awards, we are #1 in the AUBL download chart, we have played the godlessfest and have had serious record label interest.

competition is fierce but I think that people should look at the bigger picture i.e. Bonesaw, us, Reap etc. All the nominees are good bands.

I want to know why element have not been nominated in the fudger awards. I got told its was cos we have been quiet' date=' not true. We have been just as active as ever, we do one gig away from aberdeen and immediatly we are branded inactive. WTF.

Why does abeerdeen suck so bad,. This so called city has a terrible music scene that would rather stab you in the back that help. Unless you are an iron Maden wannabe band you get nowhere. We have had next to no help from the scene, with only a few folks willing to help where we need them. And a big hellfuckingYEAH to them.

Im pissed off. Fed up with the "not what you know, it's who you know" attitude. Yeah so we are a fairly well known band now but what about the new bands that are always arriving on the scene. If they dont fit the "Iron maiden" cat they dont belong.[/quote']

What major supports have you done lately? How many Aberdeen fans were at the Godlessfest? Iron Maiden wannabe bands? Karloff, Filthpact, MMw, 10 Easy Wishes and Small Enclosed Area all have vociferous support here but you could hardly accuse any of them of being in the "Iron maiden cat"

You guys are a great band. Stick with it and you'll go far. The Fudge awards are fun and an Aberdeen thing almost exclusively. Throwing a mini-strop won't get you far with the people of said town...

What major supports have you done lately? How many Aberdeen fans were at the Godlessfest? Iron Maiden wannabe bands? Karloff' date=' Filthpact, MMw, 10 Easy Wishes and Small Enclosed Area all have vociferous support here but you could hardly accuse any of them of being in the "Iron maiden cat"

You guys are a great band. Stick with it and you'll go far. The Fudge awards are fun and an Aberdeen thing almost exclusively. Throwing a mini-strop won't get you far with the people of said town...[/quote']

I do apologise, was a bit pissed of when i wrote this and I did not fully detail what i was trying to say.

I find gthe aberdeen music scene lacking greatly. What followers of the scene there are are great. i Apologise for the Iron Maiden thing.

Fudge thing is very clieqe (not sure about the spelling of that).

I was hving a rant ang got carried away.

I do apologise' date=' was a bit pissed of when i wrote this and I did not fully detail what i was trying to say.

I find gthe aberdeen music scene lacking greatly. What followers of the scene there are are great. i Apologise for the Iron Maiden thing.

Fudge thing is very clieqe (not sure about the spelling of that).

I was hving a rant ang got carried away.[/quote']

And lo all was good again :)

Are you guys playing with Femora and 5FD next Saturday? I can't be bothered finding the relevant thread at the moment and I have to go to work.

Guest stuartmaxwell
I wanted to rant so I have this thingy ma-bobbins

I want to know why element have not been nominated in the fudger awards. I got told its was cos we have been quiet' date=' not true. We have been just as active as ever, we do one gig away from aberdeen and immediatly we are branded inactive. WTF.

Im pissed off. Fed up with the "not what you know, it's who you know" attitude. Yeah so we are a fairly well known band now but what about the new bands that are always arriving on the scene. If they dont fit the "Iron maiden" cat they dont belong.

Open your minds and your hearts to new things other wise its a wasted life your living. Nothing will bite unless you ask it to. And you never know you may like something you thought against previously.

Karma will revenge for me. :swearing:[/quote']

i wouldnt lose any sleep over it, its not exactly and indicator of anything

perhaps its because they didnt think you were any good??i havent heard you so i cant comment

throwing a childish strop just makes you look foolish

its all a bit fun

Yep' date=' I dont care if we are nominated or not, its all a bit of fun. Would of been nice because I think we have worked hard.

Stuart, if Fudge didnt like us surely they wouldnt want a review for our Godlessfest gig and for us to play a fudge gig?[/quote']

While everyone's in the mood for rantng i'll join in...You know it's a joke Hog, Jo's never been nominated and look what she's achieved...

She's played at sellout gigs at the Paradiso in Amsterdam, twice at Hallam in Sheffield, Barrowlands, Dingwalls in London, the Kashmir in London, Hellendoorn Blue Lamp, Bradofrd Rio's, Leicester Y theatre, Dunfermline's Carnegie Hall, Corran Halls in Oban, Eden Court Theater in Inverness, Irvine's Magnum Center, Newcastle Opera House, the list goes on and on... She's supported Marillion, Fish, Glenn Tilbrook, Midge Ure, Donnie Munro, David Kitts, the John Young Band, and loads of others, she's sold thousands of albums along the way had major label interest and havs fans in members of XTC, Stone Roses, Massive Attack, Marillion etc and she's never been nominated once... She is most probably the most successfull artist in Aberdeen, and she's a wonderfull person with amazing stage presence and she's never got a nod, in fact when we offered to play a fudge gig a yeart or 2 ago we weren't wanted.

It is a joke and the real musicians that aren't within a certain clique aren't appreciated up here and it's always been that way, always will. Achieving something is a good way of being ignored by much of the scene because it makes them feel bad about the fact they haven't.

Don't worry about it Hog, you'll show em when you win your brit for sexiest hair next year when Element hiot the number one chart spot ;)

Cheers

Stuart

Guest stuartmaxwell
Yep' date=' I dont care if we are nominated or not, its all a bit of fun. Would of been nice because I think we have worked hard.

Stuart, if Fudge didnt like us surely they wouldnt want a review for our Godlessfest gig and for us to play a fudge gig?[/quote']

i wasnt implying that they didnt like you, it was just a suggestion ??

its all a bit of fun dude, you should start your own promotions group called "sludge"

just out of curiosity' date=' have ytou played a fudge gig in the last year?? cos i was sure you needed to play a fudge gig in order to be classed as a nominee?? I may be completely wrong.[/quote']

No lol, thats a valid point man! We were going to play a Fudge gig but one of the guys couldnt make it.

perhaps a bit off the wall there, why are the fudge awards so important? I don't even really take any notice of them!

And whats with the "Iron Maiden" thing... if it makes you feel any better - Maiden Taiwan are an Iron Maiden cover band!! And I haven't seen us in the fudge awards lol. So i'm not quite sure what you meant with that but nevermind.

Just Chill, it's not really that big a deal is it?

perhaps a bit off the wall there' date=' why are the fudge awards so important? I don't even really take any notice of them!

And whats with the "Iron Maiden" thing... if it makes you feel any better - Maiden Taiwan are an Iron Maiden cover band!! And I haven't seen us in the fudge awards lol. So i'm not quite sure what you meant with that but nevermind.

Just Chill, it's not really that big a deal is it?[/quote']

Jaimi wasnt talking about Maiden Taiwan he was referring to Black Atom. Jaimi regrets and apologises for that comment.

Fudge awards= fun!