aberdeen-music

Overdrive Pedals?

Zippy

What's your favourite overdrive pedals? I currently own a Boss DS1 Distortion but have always had a love/hate relationship with it, I want to look more at overdrive as I find distortian can sometimes be a bit of a washout. I want the tone to be less harsh, more smooth and full sounding if you can understand what I'm getting at! I've heard good things about the OD3 and MXR Distortian+. Any suggestions?

I'm waiting till I get a valve amp before I buy some overdrive pedals. Probably going to buy an Ibanez Tube Screamer to accompany the distortion/fuzz of my big muff. I used to have a DS-1 but with a solid state amplifier there wasn't really that much point other than it offered some crunchy sounds...not particularly good ones but still not the full on distortion I was used to getting.

I have an original Mashall Guvnor which is built like a tank. Really meaty sound especially when used with a bass. Also an American Route 66 OD and Compressor in one. Sadly they stopped making these but they were brilliant for basses although made for guitarists.

Also got a few fuzz pedals and also a distortion modulator which is lurvly...