aberdeen-music

Nominations for Fudge awards

Hog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not as such. but aaron gilman' date=' kathryn sawyers and the kitchen cynics are up for awards.[/quote']

What are the criteria to be included in the awards anyway ? As no Jo McCafferty seems a travesty and she has offered to play Fudge before, often wondered why she was never asked to play, she's probably the most successfull solo artist in aberdeen...

Cheers

Stuart

What are the criteria to be included in the awards anyway ? As no Jo McCafferty seems a travesty and she has offered to play Fudge before' date=' often wondered why she was never asked to play, she's probably the most successfull solo artist in aberdeen...

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

jo does rock. and she's a lovely girl. but i've had trouble fitting her on a fudge bill really. i did think of doing an acoustic night sometime though. might be fun.

jo does rock. and she's a lovely girl. but i've had trouble fitting her on a fudge bill really. i did think of doing an acoustic night sometime though. might be fun.

Sadly all too late as Jo will no longer be here as of December, this is Fudge's last chance to honour the most successfull Aberdeen solo artist of the last few years, come on guys do the right thing, Rock Goddess award surely...

Cheers

Stuart

Ah so Jo doesn't get a chance to win anything because you couldn't think of a place to put her. I wouldn't have said she was that different to Kathryn Sawyers, except for being more popular.

I agree that Jo should get something, the girl's achieved so much more than any of the other bands nominated, she's sold thousands of CDs, played to more people in a few gigs than most people nominated play to their whole career. How many other acts on the bill have played to a sold out Barrowlands crowd ? Or shared a stage with Joe Walsh, or played the Amsterdam Paradiso. Is Fudge scared to reward excellence ? Scared it'll make the rest of the acts look like they haven't achieved anything ? She's been criminally overlooked in previous years, come on Fudge she deserves something, she's offered to play, don't let her miss out because of Fudge's lack of imagination on who she'd play with because she'd blow them off stage...

Go Fudge, you know it makes sense...

El Flosso :up:

Ah so Jo doesn't get a chance to win anything because you couldn't think of a place to put her. I wouldn't have said she was that different to Kathryn Sawyers' date=' except for being more popular.

I agree that Jo should get something, the girl's achieved so much more than any of the other bands nominated, she's sold thousands of CDs, played to more people in a few gigs than most people nominated play to their whole career. How many other acts on the bill have played to a sold out Barrowlands crowd ? Or shared a stage with Joe Walsh, or played the Amsterdam Paradiso. Is Fudge scared to reward excellence ? Scared it'll make the rest of the acts look like they haven't achieved anything ? She's been criminally overlooked in previous years, come on Fudge she deserves something, she's offered to play, don't let her miss out because of Fudge's lack of imagination on who she'd play with because she'd blow them off stage...

Go Fudge, you know it makes sense...

El Flosso :up:[/quote']

Oooooh, that's just ASKING for a Fudge backlash rant....