aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Band "Fools Gold" on Jools Holland tonight

french_disko

Ian Brown is on "Later With Jools Holland" tonight with two members of Aberdeen Stone Roses tribute band Fools Gold backing him on bass & guitar.

BBC2 11.35pm.

Also on the show are Mercury Rev' date=' MC Solaar and, er, The Beauhtiful South and kd lang.[/quote']

The new Beautiful South album rocks, some brilliant cover versions, especially the SClub7 cover and the ELO one. Ian Brown is the worst live singer out there, has done some great stuff but has no vocal talent live.

Cheers

Stuart

"Fools Gold have to be one of the most succesful cover bands in Britain. Its not fair all they do is sing someone elses songs and get paid a shitload, a bit like Westlife, Girls Aloud, all Pop Idolers . . ."

Yeah - just like Elvis. And as for that Scottish National Orchestra - all they do is play Mozart covers. :-)

Regards

Flossie

Fools Gold have to be one of the most succesful cover bands in Britain. Its not fair all they do is sing someone elses songs and get paid a shitload' date=' a bit like Westlife, Girls Aloud, all Pop Idolers . . .[/quote']

Yeah, that fucking Frank Sinatra as well, eh? Make shit loads of cash from other peoples songs & couldn't write for shit.

Guest mmmememe
Ian Brown is on "Later With Jools Holland" tonight with two members of Aberdeen Stone Roses tribute band Fools Gold backing him on bass & guitar.

doesn't anybody else think that this is fucking embarrassing - joining your own fucking tribute band? where's the man's self respect?

im sure his self respect went he heard himself sing

True - did anyone actually see the show? Oh my god, how that guy can still have any sort of credibility is beyond me. It was truly awful - the songs were complete turkeys and his voice is just disgraceful, the boy has zero talent.

Ian Brown = A joke!

Fair play to the dudes from aberdeen for being able to cash in on him though ;) They must be laughing all the way to the bank considering that all they have to do is rehash all the tunes that they learned for Fool's Gold :rolleyes:

Guest mmmememe
True - did anyone actually see the show? Oh my god' date=' how that guy can still have any sort of credibility is beyond me. It was truly awful - the songs were complete turkeys and his voice is just disgraceful, the boy has zero talent.

Ian Brown = A joke!

Fair play to the dudes from aberdeen for being able to cash in on him though ;) They must be laughing all the way to the bank considering that all they have to do is rehash all the tunes that they learned for Fool's Gold :rolleyes:[/quote']

I actually like some of his solo stuff - some of it has a freshness about it. I don't agree that the guy is without talent - some of his musical ideas and lyrics are good. And vocal technique has never been the most important thing (Celine Dion Vs Bob Dylan anyone?). But it looks as though he's struggling for ideas and is not capable of putting on a performance anymore. Lacklustre performances of 15 year old songs with his own tribute band is not enough from the man who was once an icon. He should stick to the studio or just go away.