aberdeen-music

Well... tonight thank God its them uh huh

Sam the Eagle

Is that anyway to speak on the eve of Jesus's birth!

I seriously almost sat down to write to the sun today, but then decided that they are all just a bunch of wanks led on by Dominic Hitler Mohan...

Band Aid 3 is coming whether you are prepared for it, and with artists such as The Darkness and Coldplay being thrown around as contributers I have to say it's all shaping up to be... well very Q Magazine.

I don't get it though, I mean honestly do we really need another excuse for Justin Hawkins trying to get to number one in time for Christmas - don't let the bell's end my arse, that song was just an excuse for him to say bell-end numerous times in three and a half minutes...

In this modern age of mass media with various formats, I think we should be heading to numerous versions of the song to appeal to all the audiences, sure let the Q readers have some fun, but give the smash hits lasses some pleasure too... Do you seriously think girls aloud don't want to stop starving in africa just as much as Chris Martin, hell mister Martin could just take a couple pictures of him and gwyneth wandering around Sainsbury's and sell it for more than half what the single will make.. They've got to keep heat stocked up into the new year, they've been scraping the barrel with Dr. "I've walked into numerous walls in my life" Gillian's diet and how nadia managed to lose the weight 4 covers in a row emap get on the barge!

But I digress... my question to you, if you were Bob and Midge and could choose any people to record this kick ass band aid song who would you pick? I'd quite like to get nadia and the rest of the big brother stars to perform the monotone ringtone version...

snoozefest 2004 more like

1. PAUL McCARTNEY: As one of only two surviving members of the greatest band ever, 62-year-old Paul is still a big star. He will play bass.

Hits: 17 No1s with The Beatles and four by himself and with various collaborations.

2. JAMELIA: Jamelia Davis, 23, tops the totty list for Band Aid 20. The single mum has been a success in Europe and Australia as well as the UK.

Hits: Five Top Five singles. Superstar reached No3 and Thank You was a No2.

3. BEVERLEY KNIGHT: The diva, 32 real name Beverley Smith is adding her strong and soulful voice to the line-up.

Hits: Album Who I Am was No7 in 2002.

4. DANNY GOFFEY: The drummer with Supergrass, 30. The band formed in 1994 and were best newcomers at the Brits in 1996 for their stomping, happy rock.

Hits: Supergrasss 1995 No1 album I Should Coco spent 36 weeks in the charts.

5. NATASHA BEDINGFIELD: The little sis of pop star Daniel will add glamour to the line-up. The 22-year-old is moving out of her brothers shadow to be a star on her own.

Hits: Debut single Single reached No3 in May. Her follow-up These Words gave the beauty her first No1.

6. FRAN HEALY: The Travis frontman, 30, will play guitar. His band had the biggest-selling British album of 1999 with The Man Who.

Hits: His band has had two No1 albums and their best-known song is Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

7. DIDO: The singer shot to fame when Eminem sampled her track Thank You for his smash hit single Stan. The 32-year-old is in Oz and cant make it to the studio on Sunday. She will record her part in Australia.

Hits: Two No1 albums.

8. BONO: The U2 frontman is the only participant from the original Band Aid single taking part in the new one. He has been drafted in to sing his immortal line And tonight thank God its them instead of you.

Hits: About to release their 11th studio album having already had five No1 albums.

9. CHRIS MARTIN: The Coldplay frontman, 27, is regarded as one of the countrys finest songwriters. When he came on board Band Aid 20 it was the moment everyone knew the project had really taken off. He will play piano and sing.

Hits: Two No1 albums with Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head. Coldplays as-yet-untitled third album will be the release of next year.

10. BUSTED: James Bourne, 20, Charlie Simpson, 19, and Matt Jay, 20, form Britains biggest boy trio.

Hits: First two albums went to No2 and four singles to No1.

11. JUSTIN HAWKINS: Shaggy-haired rock god and lead singer with Lowestoft band The Darkness. The 28-year-old has been compared to the late Freddie Mercury of Queen. Likely he will play guitar and sing.

Hits: Debut album Permission To Land went to No1 last year.

12. ROBBIE WILLIAMS: The ex-Take That star, 30, has gone on to become our biggest entertainer. His song Angels became an anthem for a generation. Recording his part for the track in Los Angeles.

Hits: Six solo No1s, eight with Take That.

13. KATIE MELUA: Singing sensation who came from nowhere this year. Debut album Call Off The Search climbed the charts until it hit No1 in January. The 20-year-old is a surefire contender for a Brit award next year.

Hits: Call Off The Search.

14. TIM WHEELER: The frontman of Irish pop punk band Ash is regarded as an elder statesman of rock at the grand old age of 28. The band has been around since 1989 and he has become one of the most respected guitarists and singers on the music scene. Ash were one of the star turns at Robbie Williamss historic Knebworth gigs last year.

Hits: Fourteen singles and five albums. Ashs debut album 1977 went to No1 in 1996.

15. MS DYNAMITE: The 23-year-old rapper real name Niomi McLean Daley wowed audiences and critics with her debut album A Little Deeper, which won her the 2002 Mercury music prize. She went on to pick up a clutch of Brit Awards for it in 2003. Since becoming a mum last year she has concentrated on writing her second album.

Hits: A Little Deeper.

Might as well just tell the poor africans to go starve

snoozefest 2004 more like

1. PAUL McCARTNEY: As one of only two surviving members of the greatest band ever' date=' 62-year-old Paul is still a big star. He will play bass.

Hits: 17 No1s with The Beatles and four by himself and with various collaborations.

2. JAMELIA: Jamelia Davis, 23, tops the totty list for Band Aid 20. The single mum has been a success in Europe and Australia as well as the UK.

Hits: Five Top Five singles. Superstar reached No3 and Thank You was a No2.

3. BEVERLEY KNIGHT: The diva, 32 real name Beverley Smith is adding her strong and soulful voice to the line-up.

Hits: Album Who I Am was No7 in 2002.

4. DANNY GOFFEY: The drummer with Supergrass, 30. The band formed in 1994 and were best newcomers at the Brits in 1996 for their stomping, happy rock.

Hits: Supergrasss 1995 No1 album I Should Coco spent 36 weeks in the charts.

5. NATASHA BEDINGFIELD: The little sis of pop star Daniel will add glamour to the line-up. The 22-year-old is moving out of her brothers shadow to be a star on her own.

Hits: Debut single Single reached No3 in May. Her follow-up These Words gave the beauty her first No1.

6. FRAN HEALY: The Travis frontman, 30, will play guitar. His band had the biggest-selling British album of 1999 with The Man Who.

Hits: His band has had two No1 albums and their best-known song is Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

7. DIDO: The singer shot to fame when Eminem sampled her track Thank You for his smash hit single Stan. The 32-year-old is in Oz and cant make it to the studio on Sunday. She will record her part in Australia.

Hits: Two No1 albums.

8. BONO: The U2 frontman is the only participant from the original Band Aid single taking part in the new one. He has been drafted in to sing his immortal line And tonight thank God its them instead of you.

Hits: About to release their 11th studio album having already had five No1 albums.

9. CHRIS MARTIN: The Coldplay frontman, 27, is regarded as one of the countrys finest songwriters. When he came on board Band Aid 20 it was the moment everyone knew the project had really taken off. He will play piano and sing.

Hits: Two No1 albums with Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head. Coldplays as-yet-untitled third album will be the release of next year.

10. BUSTED: James Bourne, 20, Charlie Simpson, 19, and Matt Jay, 20, form Britains biggest boy trio.

Hits: First two albums went to No2 and four singles to No1.

11. JUSTIN HAWKINS: Shaggy-haired rock god and lead singer with Lowestoft band The Darkness. The 28-year-old has been compared to the late Freddie Mercury of Queen. Likely he will play guitar and sing.

Hits: Debut album Permission To Land went to No1 last year.

12. ROBBIE WILLIAMS: The ex-Take That star, 30, has gone on to become our biggest entertainer. His song Angels became an anthem for a generation. Recording his part for the track in Los Angeles.

Hits: Six solo No1s, eight with Take That.

13. KATIE MELUA: Singing sensation who came from nowhere this year. Debut album Call Off The Search climbed the charts until it hit No1 in January. The 20-year-old is a surefire contender for a Brit award next year.

Hits: Call Off The Search.

14. TIM WHEELER: The frontman of Irish pop punk band Ash is regarded as an elder statesman of rock at the grand old age of 28. The band has been around since 1989 and he has become one of the most respected guitarists and singers on the music scene. Ash were one of the star turns at Robbie Williamss historic Knebworth gigs last year.

Hits: Fourteen singles and five albums. Ashs debut album 1977 went to No1 in 1996.

15. MS DYNAMITE: The 23-year-old rapper real name Niomi McLean Daley wowed audiences and critics with her debut album A Little Deeper, which won her the 2002 Mercury music prize. She went on to pick up a clutch of Brit Awards for it in 2003. Since becoming a mum last year she has concentrated on writing her second album.

Hits: A Little Deeper.

Might as well just tell the poor africans to go starve[/quote']

Well at least the sudanese government will be able to buy some new tanks and guns with the proceeds, rather like the ethiopian gov did with the last lot.