aberdeen-music

Next Aberdeen band to make it ?

jester1470

No' date=' Royal Mail sucks[/quote']

That is precisely why they'd agree that the message is more important. Not that they'd deliver it.

Blinded by your own wee scenster fantasies (again)

*yawn*

?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neil ex

Major labels are involved in music as a business, to make money only. That's it, nothing else. They don't give a shit about how talented you are, they only give a shit about how many records you potentially can sell, thus how much money you can make them. If you stop selling records, they'll drop you at the click of a finger. Simple as that.

Yeah' date=' though Saturn is probably the most beautiful of the nine discovered planets in my opinion, though all are beautiful and very intriguing.[/quote']

Well I don't know if I have a personal favourite, but Saturn is indeed, a very nice planet. Some of Jupiter's Moons are also worth a look.

Guest neil ex

I'm not sure I really have a favourite planet, as they're all different.

Check out this picture of Jupiter and one of its moons...

cassini_thumb.png

Saturn's moon Titan (below) is definitely very intriguing.

titan_thumb.png

Someone from lovely cuddly 'we wanna be loved' hairdressers MMW comments on 'vanity' (Whoops Hypocaracy! :rolleyes: ) and completely misses the whole fucking point as usual

Blinded by your own wee scenster fantasies (again)

*yawn*

What?! I wasn't referring to this thread. I wasn't referring to you. I wasn't even referring to this subject.

Bob pulled into question the standards of royal mail, and I agreed with him by following that up with a 'family guy' quote. Why, oh why did you need to bring up MMW in this? Why - when I haven't even ever spoken to you before - did you feel the need to call me names, and speak utter drivel?

Here you go then Mr Betamax, I don't know you or why you said what you did, so let me reply with an equally low, pointless and morinic statement:

FUCK YOU YOU UGLY FUCKING STUPID FUCKING CUNT.

There. At least we're now on the same level of retardedness.

p.s. what is "hypocaracy"?

I'm not sure I really have a favourite planet' date=' as they're all different.

Check out this picture of Jupiter and one of its moons...

Saturn's moon Titan (below) is definitely very intriguing.[/quote']

Good choice. I also think Europa is worth a look.

Guest neil ex
To write good songs' date=' enjoy playing in a band and hopefully get some form of recognition (and I don't mean in an Aberdeen scenie way - that according to betamax, we so clearly do :rolleyes: )[/quote']

Yeah, just to highlight that Betamax was just taking an easy shot at MMW. He would probably rather everyone 'sucked the male corporate whore', so that his band TV could appear to stand out even further from every other band regarding what they want to acheive, which is probably what underground bands everywhere want to acheive.

By the way, don't think for a minute that i dislike MMW's music any less Dan. :p

Yeah' date=' just to highlight that Betamax was just taking an easy shot at MMW. He would probably rather everyone 'sucked the male corporate whore', so that his band TV could appear to stand out even further from every other band regarding what they want to acheive, which is probably what underground bands everywhere want to acheive.

By the way, don't think for a minute that i dislike MMW's music any less Dan. :p[/quote']

his band are called 'TV'?

He should have a side-project called 'toaster'. Or maybe 'oven'. Or perhaps even 'Random electrical household appliance'

Guest stuartmaxwell

neil ex will never be the biggest thing because his music isnt eactly consumer friendly in any way or form

thats why we never play aberdeen, we would get lynched

glasgow and london have been decent tho...

Whether you realise it or not you are a fucking genius. I just decided. There is also recorded evidence to prove this. Loads of it.

True that TV have acheived nothing in media terms compared to RealShocks (yet). But we are WAY more successful at doing the shit we do. Therefor much better. Success is not measured by radio plays etc (in my opinion). Most of that type of media thing is random and accidental anyway.

Fuck Shit Up.

I am a spaz... that is why you love me. You admitted it yourself when you were pissed.... I have witnesses.

I'm not prepared to declare anything until it is achieved.

You love me. Fact.

Kiss my ass, Betamax ;)

I am a spaz... that is why you love me. You admitted it yourself when you were pissed.... I have witnesses.

I'm not prepared to declare anything until it is achieved.

You love me. Fact.

Kiss my ass' date=' Betamax ;)[/quote']

Thats a good point about declaration/acheivement for a spaz....but Im just making the point that despite its current status of zero acheivemnt, this band (TV) is in my opinion waaaay more successful than RS. So therefor the way some fucks measure success is v different......and the whole ''making it'' thing is a huge joke

True I love you as much as it is possible to love a girl without the use of spunk

Ass duly kissed

This 'Genius' word has the magic power to create mayhem! :gringo:

Thats a good point about declaration/acheivement for a spaz....but Im just making the point that despite its current status of zero acheivemnt' date=' this band (TV) is in my opinion waaaay more successful than RS. So therefor the way some fucks measure success is v different......and the whole ''making it'' thing is a huge joke

True I love you as much as it is possible to love a girl without the use of spunk

Ass duly kissed

This 'Genius' word has the magic power to create mayhem! :gringo:[/quote']

I possess a couple of real shocks tracks and i thought you were pretty damn good. and i'm an old fart.

haven't heard any TV yet. Got any stuff online yet?

Guest neil ex
Didn't they recently decide that a small rock out past Pluto deserved to be called a planet?

I erm, meant the other nine planets.... :ding:

i did hear something about that actually though.

Thats a good point about declaration/acheivement for a spaz....but Im just making the point that despite its current status of zero acheivemnt' date=' this band (TV) is in my opinion waaaay more successful than RS. So therefor the way some fucks measure success is v different......and the whole ''making it'' thing is a huge joke

Ass duly kissed

This 'Genius' word has the magic power to create mayhem! :gringo:[/quote']

Uno)

Doc, no.... we have nothing for the world to hear.... yet.... we are locked away recording at this junction in time... you shall have you music soon enough.

Two)

Betamax,

Post understood... yes.

You keep your spunk away from me... :p

Guest Mr Blastcap

erm

see if was a record company mongol i wouldnt sign anyone from aberdeen, its snowing for christ sake. far to cold to go glad handing deluded muso types. also i reckon ripping off sonic youth is much much harder than ripping off iron maiden etc. for a start getting your guitar out of tune is a flipping tricky business, and the ripping of sonic youth remit is so wide. s.y back catalogue is so diverse- the early sound landscape stuff, the brittle pop of day dream nation, goos super marriage of melody and spaced out drone , the newer stuff- .....so much to choose from. if you play "hard rock" the only option left in modern times is to place tounge firmly in cheek and go for irony......- either way ( like the darkness) you will still be a tot rash. the last great rock lp was appetite for destruction, and that was more of a punk attitude....none of the so called "hard rock" bands have that cutting edge, they are all kind of cartoony.*

anyhow, yup! i would say the likes of ian simpson and stacato set have the proper gear to be big same with politik, dedalus, masamune and that ( the wholly trinity of granite city guitar core, eh?) also 10 easy wishes, mmw, dlss, and of course gimpgimp have what it takes.**

but who signed driveblind?......i mean for christ sake they are so dull its not real.***

* spuds in space, episode 3 season four.

** spakker attack

***ibid dib dib.