aberdeen-music

Three cheers for Broken Sunshine

Inkster

After reading the BS supprtin The Damned topic I thought i'd start this one because people don't seem to remember that Broken Sunshine are three teenage girls i.e. people with feelings.It's the same with any celebrity in the world...the press forget that they're human and can just make up stories thinkin it's ok cos they make loadsa money.

WELL IT'S NOT!!!

These stories can be hurtful to the person(s) in question and everyone else has to remember that.

Three cheers for Broken Sunshine.Hip hip...hooray.hip hip...hooray.hip hip...hooray

Over the top

Maybe I was a lil over the top in what I said but I had to be to get my point across. This band gets alot of shit from everyone and there's really no need.

I'm not just standing up for Broken Sunshine here, I'm standing up for every band in Aberdeen that takes undue criticism like the worst band in aberdeen thread that was goin about a couple of weeks ago.

People put a lot of time and effort into what they do and everyone has their own opinion which is valid as the next guys there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

And I agree with you 100%... In ClearTone we gotta a lotta negative stuff said about us, and we just had to take it o the chin... There was a very fine line between constructive criticism and plain criticism.

I know the girls from BS, and Milner was right in what he said, they have come on a long way, and they still have a long way to go, and no rush in which to do it becaus they are a young band... So id rather people help them along than pull the rug from underneath their feet...

And that applies to any band in their situation... Unfortunately, though, you have to just acknowledge that there will always be people who dont share the same view... and that is their right.

Maybe I was a lil over the top in what I said but I had to be to get my point across. This band gets alot of shit from everyone and there's really no need.

I'm not just standing up for Broken Sunshine here' date=' I'm standing up for every band in Aberdeen that takes undue criticism like the worst band in aberdeen thread that was goin about a couple of weeks ago.

People put a lot of time and effort into what they do and everyone has their own opinion which is valid as the next guys there has to be a line drawn somewhere.[/quote']

Yeah, there's too much band bashing in the Aberdeen scene, people should respect others for what they achieve regardless of whether they like the band/members/music. A bit of support and a show of solidarity is really all the scene needs. :up:

Guest stuartmaxwell
And I agree with you 100%... In ClearTone we gotta a lotta negative stuff said about us' date=' and we just had to take it o the chin...

[/quote']

better than taking it in the balls eh?

my main qualm was the guitar tones and the vocal but other than that it was fine

Guest valley69
After reading the BS supprtin The Damned topic I thought i'd start this one because people don't seem to remember that Broken Sunshine are three teenage girls i.e. people with feelings.It's the same with any celebrity in the world...the press forget that they're human and can just make up stories thinkin it's ok cos they make loadsa money.

WELL IT'S NOT!!!

These stories can be hurtful to the person(s) in question and everyone else has to remember that.

Three cheers for Broken Sunshine.Hip hip...hooray.hip hip...hooray.hip hip...hooray

whose pants are you trying to get in?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

what the fuck is the deal? who slates broken sunshine? how are they hard done by? for getting a huge support slot locally with their own crowd and playing to hundreds in support of a band who are regarded as legendary?

I would say on the whole BS are being treated fairly well, playing headlining shows at KEF, a lot of good support slots, having their records financed by paul etc.

Most bands play gigs to hostile crowds, it comes with playing a mixed bill, I could not count how much shit 10ew have had over the years playing all metal line ups, shows with dickish hecklers, gigs where the posters advised the crowd not to watch us! As far as i can see they aren't whining about it either, so everyone who brings this sympathy shit onto the boards is fucking tripping.

WELL IT'S NOT!!!

1) They play with the big kids.... so expect to get treated like the big kids.

2) Make up stories? What stories? That they are supporting the damned??.... Oh wait.... that's true. Eh?

3) What was the point of that post?.... Oh wait... back patting.... of course.

This band gets alot of shit from everyone and there's really no need.

Eh? Not really... I'd say there is a lack of nagativity against them if anything. They have a lot of support from both venues and gig organisers... they also have a pretty strong fan base.

I don't recall, "giving them shit", I justified all my comments.

im with tom. this thread is a joke. when did the wasteland change into a moral support club? people just have to take critiscm on the chin and im sure the sunshine pandas will agree. fucking hell. can we not just talk about the colour of peoples socks and "i crossed the road today". much more interesting.

1) They play with the big kids.... so expect to get treated like the big kids.

2) Make up stories? What stories? That they are supporting the damned??.... Oh wait.... that's true. Eh?

3) What was the point of that post?.... Oh wait... back patting.... of course.

Eh? Not really... I'd say there is a lack of nagativity against them if anything. They have a lot of support from both venues and gig organisers... they also have a pretty strong fan base.

I don't recall' date=' "giving them shit", I justified all my comments.[/quote']

so whats wrong with a little ''back patting''? is it because its not being directed at yourself?

can you not just let people get on with it for christ's sake.