aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Art Gallery & a dirty sleeping bag

ragudave

In the central downstairs bit of Adeen Art Gallery' date=' behind the pondage there is what appears to be a dirty sleeping bag. Is this an installation, a joke or was it left by someone doing some painting?

BTW there is no note about it on the wall or whatever as far as I could see.

Dave[/quote']

It's a sculpture made out of bronze. Seriously. I think the note is on the floor beside it. Back left of the ground floor, yes?

It's a sculpture made out of bronze. Seriously. I think the note is on the floor beside it. Back left of the ground floor' date=' yes?[/quote']

yeah, it is a bronze..and the plaque is on the wall...I was enraged when I saw "a sleeping bag", so I went looking for the "bullshit" that justified it...("the Habitat") I discovered is a bronze (I disbelieved it at first, and had to go back for a closer look "no touching"...damn, I want to kick it to see if it is solid!...

It's an amazing feat of sculpture I now think...I do like the explanation associated with it, what is supposed to be warm and welcoming on a cold night for a homeless person, is now a solid impenetrable cold object...blah blah...

very interesting. go read the thing on the wall, you might see it differently too.

Peep