aberdeen-music

Glassjaw fucked?

medichi

Glassjaw - remember them? You know kids, the ones you used to love sooooo much, until Taking Back Sunday came along. [/patronisation]

Anyway, looks like they're fucked.......

Taken from Punktastic

Hey Everyone. I wanted to write a letter about my current situation, and I thought the best way to do it was to post it here.

Over a year ago in August, Glassjaw played our last show after years of touring and we decided to take a hiatus. We were all fried and needed time to do our own things. It got to the point where we were on top of each other way too much and it was starting to take its toll. Everyone decided to take some time off and do what they wanted to do for awhile..... Fast Forward to a few weeks ago.

People start asking me about this Glassjaw show in December that I know nothing about. So I look on the computer and find that there is a confirmed show.

After thinking this was a mistake I called Beck and just wanted to clarify. I found out Beck's vision of Glassjaw these days is vastly different than mine. As far as I know, Beck plans to play the show with only himself on guitar, Daryl, and two hired musicians on drums on bass. After seeing Beck's vision of Glassjaw I realized I was not part of it anymore.

I didn't quit the band..... I'm just not in it anymore. I'm not really sure what the future of Glassjaw will be, if any ........ For almost 10 years of my life I've had some of the most amazing times with Glassjaw. I've met great people, bands, friends, and made great music that will always be a part of me. I didn't expect it to end like this but I have to move on................

Thanks to all of you guys for everything, your support has always meant so much.

................... A side band i put together while we were on break has now become my main project. It was called Easy Tiger, but we had some legal issues, and are still between names. Expect music soon...........

Thanks again, hope to see you all soon. Stay in touch. tlerrone#gmail.com........

Oh and don't worry if you are going to that show in December it will sound great. Beck has a box of green line 6 pedals with the loop feature so you won't even miss me!

- Todd

Game over? Maybe......

Guest Nikola Tesla

Thats pretty harsh treating band members like that.... i thought darryl and beck would know better, but hey.

Glassjaw i rekon won't reach a third album.. a pity really cause i love their first two but probibly for the best i thinks.

Both albums are ace. Fuck you all.

I reckon we will geta third album, but it'll be all about the drugs, bitches, and collostomy bags.....

Incidentally, if he has had surgery, he must have had something SERIOUSLY wrong, cos they don't often operate on Crohns unless they really have to...

Both albums are ace. Fuck you all.

I reckon we will geta third album' date=' but it'll be all about the drugs, bitches, and collostomy bags.....

Incidentally, if he has had surgery, he must have had something SERIOUSLY wrong, cos they don't often operate on Crohns unless they really have to...[/quote']

true,radio cambodia and ry ry's song in particular it's a real shame what's happened.

hoping for a third album,not too sure if it'll happen though

where did you read he's had surgery?

I had Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence a couple of years back' date=' when I was in sixth-year at school, and even then, I thought it was very poor. Maybe I just don't "get" the whole post-hardcore thing, but the vocals were absolutely [i']terrible. The guy really can't singor at even shout in tuneand it showed up big time on the album. To my mind, it could have been quite a good album if they'd just got a better vocalist in there.

Those were my thoughs precisly. I got it back in 6th year too. I still have it and tried to listen to it again the other day.

I still cant get into it with his voice. It really does not sound good :down::(

Those tend to be my feelings on a lot of post-hardcore. Quite a few bands sound really good' date=' then someone starts screaming or growling, at it pretty much ruins it. The way I see it, when I want something a bit abrasive, with screaming and shouting, I tend to listen to a band who are like that. On the whole, they aren't usually as melodic as a lot of post-hardcore groups are. The contrast between melodic singing part/screaming part is usually very jarring, but not in a good wayit's like watching [i']Bambi and having Thumper randomly scream half his lines.

Once again my thoughts exactaly.

In my oppinion too many bands are destroyed by bad (Well I dont like them) Vocalists. Dont get me wrong. I like shouting/screaming vocals some times. Hatebreed and Frebase are two of my favorite bands. I might just be stuck in the past, while some people have moved onto post hardcore I am still back with good old hardcore :D

Anyway back to the topic. It is really shitty what he has done to the band. I would not expect that from anyone. But I am sure there is another side to the story that tells it differently.

• 2 weeks later...