aberdeen-music

Drakes 6/11.

Guest Scorge Spike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Come on folks' date=' 'twas s'posed to be a thread about feedback on a gig.... not another MMw Saga.

So.... good gig then. :rockon::band:[/quote']

Well, I certainly enjoyed the gig anyway. I thought it was our best one yet but there's been enough about that, so:

Gilman Street: I had a feeling it would be a case of "I reckon I'll enjoy it live, but I wouldn't listen to them at home" and so it proved. Decent stuff but more melodic than I can handle!

Onion Terror: Seriously strange stuff here with some very twisted lyrics. Insanity or genius? You decide!

Misled Youth: Yet another example of everyone fucking off before the out-of-town band play, what is it with that? Ska isn't for me, but they would sometimes speed it up with some pretty powerful HC and I would think "I wish there were more radge bits like that".

He doesn't. He's just an attention seeking hypocrite. He's PM'd several of us to tell us how he appreciates what we do' date=' compliment us on our music or tell us to ignore all the naysayers on Ab-Music

We've just laughed it off as a joke, and taken it as a compliment that he chose us. I mean, what would be the point in getting involved in a self-importance driven local band feud, especially for a band with aims that reach far outwith the boundaries of the Granite city. Just seems like an attempt at controversially directing attention on a band that cant gain the credit through their actual music, a cry for help perhaps?

I take Jake with a pinch of salt. It's hard to take someone serious who is anti-emo, and therefore, on the contrary, anti-MMw. Try coming to see us Mr Nae-Clue. You really don't have a scooby. Ape-Core indeed.

As for having digs at Dan. Geez. How pedantic.

Done.

JW.[/quote']

Ok, this is getting funny. All I did was say on stage "Dan" then widdled my guitar, hardly slagging him off? Whats pedantic about that?

A band which has aims outwith the bounderies of Granite city? What are you going on about?

Our music is shite but we know it. My serious musical band is Element 106. A cry for help, not really :ding:

I am glad you take Jake with a pinch of salt, you should.

Yes I do like MMW and I am more than happy to PM members in the past regarding the quality of their music.I like your music and I wish you all the best.

Once again, I seriously dont have a problem with MMW, Dan or anyone in Ab Music for the squillionth time.

Please ignore Spike if you seriously have a problem with a band that takes tongue in cheek pot shots. Or perhaps you could come see us on Saturday.Have you seen us before? :up:

Since we supposedly offend people I will not speak on stage on Saturday.

Guest Scorge Spike
Um' date=' you've totally contradicted yourself.[/quote']

POINT

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

_

This is how far you missed it by. :D

I think there are far too many uptight people on this board who just can't comprehend dry humour merely because it is aimed at something they like. I've seen Weapon, and can appreciate a techincally sound performance as much as their actual music makes no fucking sense to me. Again, it was a topical nudge (are there any other bands around who court more attention to themselves than MMW?) which with very few exceptions, was taken in the manner intended.

No hard feelings, life's too fecking short for such inanity.

i aint really the biggest emo fan but you are just tiresome' date=' resorting to using it as a subject for stage banter is a joke in itself[/quote']

Funny, A large amount of people were laughing and cheering when we joked about Emo, Stuart you take yourself too serious.

Neither Stuart or MMW have actually said that they have seen Spike live.

I dont have a problem with Dan, hes a lovely chap (just so it hits home)

Music is a small part of Spikes show. Entertainment can encompass many different mediums

novelty

i've always described SPD as a novelty band, as do many others who 'know the music'.i mean novelty in the sense that they peddle bland, unoriginal noise which sounds like a hundred other noisy bands but sounds 'extreme' and 'crazy' to people who havent heard anything like that before.aberdeens token grind band for people who dont like grind.no big deal and certainly nothing i'd stain my knickers over.

IMO weak uninspiring individuals cant make powerful, devastating music.i plant a fucking huge question mark over both the bands integrity and their motives.i have no beef with people liking them mind, to each their own etc.just a contribution to the thread from someone honest enough to say what they really think as opposed to what would be easiest to swallow.

Guest My Mind's Weapon
i've always described SPD as a novelty band' date=' as do many others who 'know the music'.i mean novelty in the sense that they peddle bland, unoriginal noise which sounds like a hundred other noisy bands but sounds 'extreme' and 'crazy' to people who havent heard anything like that before.aberdeens token grind band for people who dont like grind.no big deal and certainly nothing i'd stain my knickers over.

IMO weak uninspiring individuals cant make powerful, devastating music.i plant a fucking huge question mark over both the bands integrity and their motives.i have no beef with people liking them mind, to each their own etc.just a contribution to the thread from someone honest enough to say what they really think as opposed to what would be easiest to swallow.[/quote']

you say both bands...who are you referring to aside from SPD?

you say both bands...who are you referring to aside from SPD?

Actually, that was a bit of an ambigious statement. He could have been saying both their 1. integrity and 2. motives. See? One band, but two things he's questioning.

Guest allsystemsfail

i plant a fucking huge question mark over both the bands integrity and their motives.

Well, I've known Jake for some years now - since 1996, and do not for a moment doubt his integrity. He's very passionate in what he believes and has been listening to this kinda stuff for a long long time. It ain't something he just discovered.

Guest My Mind's Weapon

I'd just like to say that this is all a bit silly. I've known hog for a wihle and he's a good lad and even if he was taking the piss it's all just a laugh. I really couldn't care less, in fact I wish I was at the gig to see it for myself.

You may even see me turn up in a swimming cap and spikepile driver t-shirt at one of our next gigs... ;)

Come one people - feel the love. :)

Dan x

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I'd just like to say that this is all a bit silly. I've known hog for a wihle and he's a good lad and even if he was taking the piss it's all just a laugh. I really couldn't care less' date=' in fact I wish I was at the gig to see it for myself.

You may even see me turn up in a swimming cap and spikepile driver t-shirt at one of our next gigs... [/quote']

A voice of reason at last. Well played Dan, you've taken it in the right spirit. We may make a shirt especially for you, and a special custom-made snug swimming cap. A lovely mental picture.