aberdeen-music

Drakes 6/11.

Guest Scorge Spike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scorge Spike
Oh no Scourge' date=' does this mean we wont get a record deal with SSR!? ;([/quote']

:laughing:

Thank fuck!

I wonder exactly what Ewan thought was so wrong - drums too fast, guitar too loud, singer too funny? ;)

I wonder exactly what Ewan thought was so wrong - drums too fast' date=' guitar too loud, [i']singer too funny? ;)

Haha, that's a good one.

I went with an open mind about SPD but if I said I was impressed I be telling fibs. The first couple of "songs" I laughed at. I dunno if that's the reaction you aim for, but I thought it was funny. After that the novelty had pretty much worn off. Jake - as he is on the boards - came across as sitting up on his high horse with an attitude problem, ie. "we didn't bring any CDs because we knew none of you would like us". Then why did you play the gig?... MMW bashing, Dan in particular, wtf, boring. As long as you thought it was funny I guess.

Yes, different can be good, not in this case I didn't think so.

Gilman Street did a mighty fine job. Lots of sexy intros. Really enjoyed it.

Onion Terror, bringing the shits and giggles as usual.

And Misled Youth... *sigh* I get so excited before MY shows :O and I'm never disappointed. Will they ever win over the Drakes crowds? :( As usual, supoib set, the newer songs rock and Pete Waterman... I love that song so so so much. 12/10

Haha' date=' that's a good one.

I went with an open mind about SPD but if I said I was impressed I be telling fibs. The first couple of "songs" I laughed at. I dunno if that's the reaction you aim for, but I thought it was funny. After that the novelty had pretty much worn off. Jake - as he is on the boards - came across as sitting up on his high horse with an attitude problem, ie. "we didn't bring any CDs because we knew none of you would like us". Then why did you play the gig?... MMW bashing, Dan in particular, wtf, boring. As long as you thought it was funny I guess.

Yes, different can be good, not in this case I didn't think so.

[/quote']

We played the gig because we were asked.

MMW bashing, come on they ask for it, not everyone loves them, if they wanted to take the piss out of us they are welcome. Tongue firmly in cheek, you didnt find my "My minds Who?" tshirt funny but the majority of the crowd were laughing.

All I said was I played guitar faster than Dan, fuck I was only kidding. You dont get the irony do you?

Music, we dont play music, its just a noise!

Gilman were good...loved the new ssong wrote by mark and really liked the swan now with the new slow intro.

Spike were funny but to be fair the "songs" were all the same...banter was funny although dont know why you were bashing dan when he is probably a better guitarist to be fair...new drummer is decent though.

Onion Terror seem to improve each gig now...great line of songs played only problem was the living end cover wasnt to scratch but what can you do? Had Paul's mother ranting about the cunt song song after the gig .

Misled Youth were decent once again although I would say their show at Kef was better. Was a shame everyone left although dont know why as last bus is at 11-11.30.

Was a great show even without Bosseye:)

Gilman were good...loved the new ssong wrote by mark and really liked the swan now with the new slow intro.

Spike were funny but to be fair the "songs" were all the same...banter was funny although dont know why you were bashing dan when he is probably a better guitarist to be fair...new drummer is decent though.

Onion Terror seem to improve each gig now...great line of songs played only problem was the living end cover wasnt to scratch but what can you do? Had Paul's mother ranting about the cunt song song after the gig .

Misled Youth were decent once again although I would say their show at Kef was better. Was a shame everyone left although dont know why as last bus is at 11-11.30.

Was a great show even without Bosseye:)

Argh, I was joking about Dan, talk to me off stage if you want seriousness. Maybe Dan is a better guitarist than me, maybe not, Spike is hardly the band for playing my guitar properly :rolleyes:

Thank you kindly Gilly, your a star.

Ok, to put some things into perspective for the others,

I dont have a problem with MMW.

I would call Dan a pal, I have been to see Devin Townsend in concert with him, we got on famously and hes a fine chap.

We do hate President Bush, I will not try and justify that.

Guest Scorge Spike

Can't be arsed quoting, but a few things......

First, the MMW thing was a very cheap shot piss take - I'm sure they couldn't give a fuck what we think, and I wager they'd have laughed it off had they been there. :D

We played this gig partly as a warm up gig for this coming Saturday's noise gig at Drakes (being as it was my debut and I needed a bit of in-the-deep-end practise), and partly because Kirk wanted us to play. I know it's hardly going to slot in kindly given the nature of the company we were playing with, but if some people enjoyed it and got a laugh, then I don't think it's a bad thing.

(Oh and Camie - thanks for the minor compliment. My drumming has never risen above 'inept' previously - calling it as much as 'decent' has almost made my evening. :))

Thank you kindly Gilly' date=' your a star.

Ok, to put some things into perspective for the others,

I dont have a problem with MMW.

I would call Dan a pal, I have been to see Devin Townsend in concert with him, we got on famously and hes a fine chap.

We do hate President Bush, I will not try and justify that.[/quote']

Lets just sum this up by Bush is a fag.:)

Pretty good gig i say.

G-St. had me flicking my metaphorical bean, solid, fast, catchy punk... couldn't ask for much more. P.s. leckie - i think i gave your plectrum away in a post-gig attempt to look like a hip straight-outta-grove-street rock star, but if i find it i shal return it.

S.P.D. - not really my thing, but i can see the appeal, was loving the banter and novelty. And for a first gig drummer, seemed to fit in pretty well. Toight like a tiger... but maybe a little work on the lyrics to songs like the emo song....

Misled Youth - Can't understand why no-one sticks around to watch these guys. They honestly rule the roost as far as ska punk goes, everyone who left before them should be ashamed of themselves. The tighest i've seen them, in the past year or so... good stuff.

Overall a pretty good line-up, perfect venue for the size of the crowd. Well done kirkt.

Pretty good gig i say.

G-St. had me flicking my metaphorical bean' date=' solid, fast, catchy punk... couldn't ask for much more. P.s. leckie - i think i gave your plectrum away in a post-gig attempt to look like a hip straight-outta-grove-street rock star, but if i find it i shal return it.

[b']S.P.D. - not really my thing, but i can see the appeal, was loving the banter and novelty. And for a first gig drummer, seemed to fit in pretty well. Toight like a tiger... but maybe a little work on the lyrics to songs like the emo song....

Misled Youth - Can't understand why no-one sticks around to watch these guys. They honestly rule the roost as far as ska punk goes, everyone who left before them should be ashamed of themselves. The tighest i've seen them, in the past year or so... good stuff.

Overall a pretty good line-up, perfect venue for the size of the crowd. Well done kirkt.

thank you. spot on about about Misled Youth...like Camie said, the last bus is between 11 and 11.30...Misled Youth were on stage at like half 10 so why so many people vanish? I agree, it was tightest i seen them too, it was a lot less ska and more melodic hardcore stuff which was cool...reminded me of War Against Reason a bit (an ace sheffield band)...like Camie said, even without Bosseye, this was a damm good gig if i do say so myself