aberdeen-music

Best Drummer in Aberdeen?

Metal_head_Redneck

• 6 months later...

**charging....Clear!...KA-THUNK!!**

Thought I might just revive this thread after seeing this month's Rhythm Magazine, which has a brilliant two page article and interview with Stu Ritchie, including a mention on the front cover - "Stuart Ritchie. Meet your new favourite jazz drummer"

Really seems to be at the top of his game and getting an international reputation.

• 1 month later...

The best drummer around, imo, is Dallas (MilesDyson on here) from Carson Wells. he has the right balance between groove and chops.

Kelman always impresses me too, because he can play pretty much anything but is never guilty of overplaying. I fucken hate drummers who overplay.

My cousin Patrick is a fantastic drummer, particularly at the jazzier side of things.

And Mike from Death Trap City, formerly of Eddison (he's an Inverurie loon so it counts imo) is a machine.

Jeff from Turning 13 too.

Worst drummers are all those metal guys who could blastbeat all night but wouldn't know a groove if it raped them in the tits.

Guest A.R.S. Promotions
The best drummer around, imo, is Dallas (MilesDyson on here) from Carson Wells. he has the right balance between groove and chops.

Kelman always impresses me too, because he can play pretty much anything but is never guilty of overplaying. I fucken hate drummers who overplay.

My cousin Patrick is a fantastic drummer, particularly at the jazzier side of things.

And Mike from Death Trap City, formerly of Eddison (he's an Inverurie loon so it counts imo) is a machine.

Jeff from Turning 13 too.

Worst drummers are all those metal guys who could blastbeat all night but wouldn't know a groove if it raped them in the tits.

Patrick Keenan is indeed truly awesome :)

I taught the young lad everything I know...

....and I guess he just built on it from there.

My girlfriend reckons I'm the best drummer she's ever seen. That's why I never take her to see other bands.

Thanks man. I'm ok I suppose. Certainly not the best around. I can blastbeat though; for like 15 seconds, then I'm too tired.

I honestly couldn't say who I think the best drummer is. I see really good drummers all the time and then say to Huw: "he's amazin', best in Aberdeen." I'll have a think about it. I remember Uzi-Casbo, no idea what his real name, who plays with Molineu and now Dweller was shit hot when I saw him in the former. I'll see him tonight and report.

• 2 months later...
Douglas Combe - Matanuska

not just saying it because we are in the same band, the guy is shit hot!

Aye, I'll second that vote! Dougie is feckin awesome.

Also, Matt from Eternal Idol / Downfall is pretty shit hot as well. Anyone up for a drum off between him and Dougie?? I'd pay to see that haha

These guys really got me into it when I started getting out to gigs in Aberdeen when I was 13/14.

Len from Black Atom - He had the skill and musicianship of Mike Portnoy but also had the furious battering charm of Dave Lombardo. Glad he took me under his wings for the last few years of Atom. Learnt alot just watching him at the gigs.

Scott from Risactonia/Bonesaw - Exactly what I needed to hear and see for my age when I started to get Into the more extreme side of metal.

Paul Samat from Bodies - The first person I saw in the flesh who could blast properly. Needless to say I was hooked ever since I guess :D

Jason from Kghch - Anyone who can wrap their heads around those notes and formulas gets my praise. Good chops aswell I must add.